Fan Fiction ❯ Jinsei Eta - Naru (Lives Eternal ❯ A Dark Day.... ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
Date: July 26, 1989 Raine: 14 years old Leo: Newborn
 
Leo was born on a dark rainy day. Thunderstorms of unimaginable magnitude were thrashing about. Hail was coming down like rocks and destroying the small shack that housed a poor pregnant woman and her oldest son. Her son, Raine, had hated her for allowing his father to go into the war of the nations, in which he had been killed just recently. He had also hated her for having a second child, as he liked to be the center of attention. “Raine, please go for help….” She had begged him. “No, I will do no such thing, you bitch.” He replied very nastily. The labor pains were growing more and more intense and she cried out in agony constantly. “Will you shut up?!” Raine snarled at her. She didn't answer him, as she couldn't find the strength to speak.
 
Moments later she had the baby, a boy with silver hair. The baby began to cry loudly, and the mother had passed out from exhaustion. “Now you will pay for your ways mother.” Raine said as he jumped on his mother and choked her to her death, while she was unable to defend herself in any possible way. The baby saw his mother slaughtered and grabbed a piece of sharp metal on the floor and sliced Raine's wrist, a fatal wound that spewed much blood from him. “AAGGGGGHH!! YOU STUPID BRAT!!!” Raine yelled out in pain grasping his wrist attempting to stop the bleeding. The newborn child's light blue eyes stared at his dead mother, and he began to cry once more.
 
At that moment a man bursted through the door and looked around wildly inside, noticing the 2 children. He appeared to be at least 200 years old. “Ah, these will be perfect for what I need” he said in a raspy voice. “ Finally after 721 years of suffering with this God forsaken curse, I can remove it from my soul and die!!” he yelled out. Raine sat on the floor, unable to speak from the pain from his wrist. The man placed his hand on Raine and the newborn baby's foreheads, and muttered a long speech. “The curse of eternal life I am about to bestow on these 2 boys will complete my 5 souls. They will all live forever unless they break the curse in this way. They must bestow it onto 5 other souls, or have someone kill them. They cannot lift it by dying of disease, or by their own hands. Oh God, if you have any mercy on me, please take my life, as I have fulfilled the breaking of the curse's requirements.” He finished.
 
At that very moment, the markings on his chest symbolizing his eternal life vanished, and similar markings appeared on both the newborn baby and Raine's chests. The man fell down clutching his chest and then died on the floor. Raine, inches from death did not die from the loss of blood, and his wound would bleed forever. He wrapped a piece of ripped cloth around it to maintain the blood, and then yelled, “You stupid baby, I hope you die of hunger for what you did to my wrist…” and then he noticed the markings on the newborns chest as well. “Heh, serves you right!” he laughed and with that he grabbed what little belonged to him and left the hut, leaving the baby to die from hunger.
 
But, he didn't. In fact, the baby lay crying of hunger and loneliness for 3 months before a wandering traveler by the name of Legaia heard him crying and found him in the shack. “My God!” Legaia said stunned. “ How could you still be alive? It doesn't appear that you've had any food for weeks!” he then noticed the markings upon the child's stomach. “ Oh I see…” he said quietly. “Don't worry little guy,” he said a bit happier with a smile on his face. “I'll take care of you, and I'll raise you since you don't seem to have anyone else to nurture you. He lifted the kid into the air, making him smile for the first time in his life.
 
“Heh, my name is Legaia, kid.” He said introducing himself. “Do you have a name?” the baby turned his head sideways in confusion. “Don't have one eh? Don't worry, I'll call you…” He thought for a minute. “I'll call you Leo! That was my grandfather's name, do you like it?” Leo giggled in approval of his new name. Legaia, being a traveler of great intelligence looked over Leo with his eyes. “Don't worry Leo, I'm just trying to find out when you were born. I've learned how to tell exactly how old a particular person is, it's a hobby of mine.” He observed Leo for a minute and then said “Ok, you are exactly 3 weeks and 2 days old which means that you were born…” he checked his watch. “You were born July 26th of this year, 1989.” He smiled and then held him and he journeyed on with Leo. And from then on Legaia raised him as he would his own son.
 
End of Prologue