Fan Fiction ❯ Kantikin's Revenge ❯ Kantikin's Revenge ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kantikin's Revenge

One day an old mercenary came to Salae Towne looking for a commission.

One of the more prosperous gentlemen approached her. He introduced himself as Largo the butcher and tanner.

The lady mercenary introduced herself as Sheya Jenna.

Largo asked if she would get rid of a horrible monster that had been plaguing the trade routes around the town. He also mentioned that the monster had relived him of some of his fortune.

He told her how a monster named Kantikin stole a large shipment of gold that was his pay for tanning a whole herd's worth of hides. All the men sent to guard his caravan fled in terror at the sight of Kantikin. So the creature stole what was rightfully his. Largo asked Sheya to find and destroy Kantikin before the monster ruined anyone else.

That evening Sheya left town to think about the proposition. She knew she could probably take out Kantikin, but she did not like Largo.

As she was thinking a strange creature came up to her saying, "I have a proposition for you Master of Gen'ei (illusion)."

Sheya replied "I'm listening."

The creature then spoke to her quietly before leaving and Sheya was seen to have a nasty little smile on her face when she returned to town.

The next morning Sheya accepted the commission.

On her way to Kantikin's cave she spoke. "Well, Black Knight, we are almost there what do you think?"

Black Knight (BK), being a horse, just snorted and shook his head.

When they reached Kantikins Cave, Sheya walked inside, sword at the ready.

Meanwhile, Largo had followed her at a safe distance and was hiding in the bushes nearby. A few moments after Sheya disappeared into the cave Largo heard screaming coming from inside the cave. Seconds later our heroine came running out of the cave and jumped on her horse, fleeing, with Kantikin hot on her heels.

When the commotion had died down Largo ran into the cave and his eyes bugged out at all the treasure. He thought to himself, "Kantikin has more treasure here then he did last time I did this." Largo started to fill bags with gold and jewels. When he was finished he heard a sound and turned around quickly.

What he saw made him gag with fright. The entrance was blocked by two figures, one big and monstrous and one smaller and slighter.

He thought the smaller one was Sheya, but in his memory she was an older woman. He knew the other was Kantikin, the Lord of all Ryu (dragons). Kantikin said in a booming voice, "You have tricked me for the last time, little man."

The young woman stated, "You have also tricked your last warrior. Good bye Largo."

She walked over to Largo and took the bags away from him saying, "You won't be needing this where you are going."

She started to return the bags to their proper place, but Kantikin stopped her by saying, "No Master of Gen'ei. You keep them; you have more use for them than I."

The woman replied, "Thank you Kantikin, Lord of all Ryu. You are most generous." Then the young woman left Largo to his fate.

After riding for a few miles, a voice asked, "So, why did you help Kantikin?"

She replied "Well, BK, a few weeks ago, I found out from a friend that Largo was using honest warriors to trick Kantikin. But no one would believe her, so I decided to do something about it."

BK said, "Hmmm. Nice job, Sheya."