Fan Fiction ❯ Kasume The Ninja Swordsman ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Claimer: THIS IS ALL MINE!!!! DON"T YOU DARE STEAL IT!!!!!!

Chapter 2

We ran until he began to get tired. I had more stamina than he did but I slowed down.

"We should rest." I pointed out.

"You think so?" My `friend' said sarcastically. "We've only been running for, oh, let's say 4 hours with only 4 stops!" At that I sat down and wondered what we would eat and drink. I looked at him. He was probably a year or two older than I was. He had short blond hair. His body was that of a traveler. He looked strong and, when he turned his head I saw he had the sign of the fox. He was a thief! I was pondering all of this when my `friend' talked.

"The sign of the dragon eh? So you're a traitor. I couldn't see well earlier but now that it is brighter I can see you better."

"I'm not a traitor but I do see you're a thief…um…"

"Araki. Yeah, I am. I guess you could see that because of the sign of the fox huh. Anyway, so you're not a traitor. Riiight. And my name isn't Araki!"

"It might not."

"Ok. Bad example. But how am I going to know if you are telling the truth?"

"You won't. How am I going to know you won't steal from me?"

"Good point. I won't steal from you if you don't betray my trust."

"Deal!" We shook hands then just sat there for a while. Finally I broke the silence. "So, what did you do to get arrested?"

"What do you think! I stole! You?" I told him my story. He sat there. He seemed very interested. He never interrupted once. At the end he just sat there, unblinking, as if in a trance.

"Amazing!" He whispered, barely audible. He turned his head away. It was as if he was remembering something. "Kasume. I think we're looking for the same person. It was 1 years ago. A man with the description of Shirato killed my family and stole an object of vast importance to my village. I heard a scream and ran to that side of my house. I looked at the man with the object my father guarded in his hand. I then saw my dead parents, the only living family I had. A rage filled me and I fought him like I never had. But I could tell he toyed with me. We made so much noise that, when he was about to kill me, we heard shouts outside trying to get in. He smiled and told me I was lucky. He tossed the object to me. He ran out and I stood up, just as my village came through the door. They looked at my dead parents and then at me. I was arrested and given the sign of the fox. Since then I have learned to live up to that sign. I've escaped 3 times and I had just been caught for the third time when I saw you. And here I am."

Shirato, why? I thought. At that moment there was a sudden noise. I looked up slowly moving my shurkin holster to my leg. I fastened it on. I heard the noise behind me. I turned and threw a shurkin! I quickly got up and went over and smiled. I picked up the rabbit, retrieved my shurkin, and turned around.

"Breakfast?"

"So! We have a hunter in our midst! Guess we won't be needing this."

"Prison food?"

"I didn't know how we would get food."

"Still, prison food?"

"Hey, it will make good bait."

"Prison food? Are animals that dumb?" He rolled his eyes. We had baked bunny for breakfast. Afterwards we talked some more. I found out that he was only a year older than I was and was good with a sword. I also found out he wanted to be a sailor. We were interrupted by dogs barking. "Great! They're using dogs!

"Don't worry I've evaded dogs before. First climb that tree and I'll climb this one. When we get to the top we'll travel along the treetops. It's slow but it works." We climbed the trees and headed along in a slightly diagonal path than we had be following. We had passed 10 trees when the policemen got to the first tree.

"Sir the trail stops here. What should we do?" A voice said.

"They probably climbed the trees." I held my breath. "They'll come down sooner or later. We'll wait here for them when they do." I released it. We continued on for about 2 and a half hours. Then we saw a traveling merchant.

"Impossible! Can it be? No, it can't. But still…"

"But still what?"

"I know that merchant! He came to my village every spring to sell things! But I can't appear before him now."

"Yes you can."

"What?"

"Have you ever thought about changing the sign of the fox?"

"What?"

"I just realized it. It will hurt but I could change both our signs to just lets say `decorations'. It would be, amazingly, the same sign and people would think us partners, but I could do it."

"Would you?"

"Yes." I went over to where he was, took out a shurkin, and started he cringed but didn't flinch. In 7 seconds I changed his symbol. I handed the shurkin to him. It hurt like hell and it took all my strength to keep from screaming. For me it took 10 seconds of agony. Afterwards we both wiped the blood away and climbed down. We followed them for a ways. Then we went up to ask.

"Hello?"

"Eh?" The older man said.

"Mr. Okota. Is that you?"

"Eh? Araki my boy! It's you! My how you've grown!"

"Mr. Okota sir. I saw you and was wanting to buy some things."

"Ok. Woah!" The horses stopped. As he got out and went around to the back of his wagon. Araki gasped.

How did you like it? Please review or I'm not updating. Also why did Araki gasp? Who did he see? You can make up any type of person. Male or female, and any type of defense, weapon or not. Tell me why I should use your person. Please tell me. Thanks! ^______________________________________________________________________^