Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Light Within the Darkness ❯ Getting Ready for Our Adventure! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: "Getting Ready for Our Adventure!"

A 12 year old tomboy opened her eyes and looked around. She sat up and watched the waves for a minute. Her name was Kris.

Kris: "What was that place? Was that a dream or was it real? Who knows."

She watched the sky for a couple minutes and talked as she looked at the sky.

Kris: "I'm really going to miss this place when we leave."

As she watched the sky, she felt like the wind was blowing but she didn't see anything blowing in the wind. She closed her eyes and then opened them. She couldn't see anything. All she could see was what looked like darkness.

Kris: "What's going on? What's happening to me?"

She blinked and everything went back to normal, thankfully. She sighed but felt like someone was behind her.

Voice: "Hey Kris."

Kris jumped and turned around. Riuki.

Kris: "Hey Riuki!" *laughs slightly*
Riuki: "Whatcha doin down here?"
Kris: "I was..I mean..."
Riuki: "I knew it! You were sleeping! You're such a lazy bum!"
Kris: "Am not!"
Riuki: "Admit it! You are one!"

Kris stood up and frowned.

Riuki: "Did you get your supplies yet?"
Kris: "I'll go get 'em."

She ran off towards the beach. Sky was on the raft.

Sky: "Hey Kris!"
Kris: "...."

She ran over to the door to the beach and ran through it.

Sky: "What's up with her?"

She ran over the bridge and onto the beach. She finds a piece of wood and bends down to pick up. She grabs it, stands back up and sighs.

Kris: "Ever since we got the idea to build a raft to visit other worlds, Riuki has been so bossy!"

She sees someone sitting on rock.

Kris*thinks* "I wonder who that is."

She drops the wood and runs towards them. She finally gets over to them but they disappear.

Kris: "That was weird. *scratchs head* I better go look for the rest of the supplies before Riuki gets even more mad!"

She runs towards the wood, grabbes it and walks around looking for supplies.

<center>~Later~</center>

Kris drops supplies on the raft.

Kris: "There! You happy now?"
Sky: "Kris! What's your problem? First, you ignored me and now you're acting all mad about something! What's up?"
Kris: "Well, *points to Riuki* Riuki's being all bossy to me! That's why!"
Riuki: "Me?! Bossy?! I don't know what you're talking about."
Sky: "Actually, you are being bossy. *sighs and looks at Kris* Look. She's sorry, ok?"
Riuki: "Could you just help us with the raft?"
Kris: "Fine." *sits down on the raft and helps with it*


<center>~Later~</center>

Sky: "Well, the raft's finished! All we need now is food for the trip!"
Kris: "I'll go get 'em." *walks off towards the Beach and walks through the door*


<center>~Later~</center>

She comes back with a bag full of food for the trip.

Kris: "I found plenty of stuff but the only thing I couldn't find was the mushrooms. Besides, they wouldn't fit in the bag anyways!" *smiles and puts the bag on the raft*
Sky: *jaw drops* "We've got plenty of food Riuki!"
Kris: "Um..where's Riuki?"
Sky: "She went to go get something but I'm not sure what. She should be back in a minute or so."

Riuki walks back with something behind her back.

Sky: "Hey Riuki! Look at all of the food that Kris brought back! That should last us for plenty of time!"
Riuki: "Yeah! That <i>should</i> be plenty!"

Kris had her back turned and was looking around.

Riuki: "Hey Kris!"

She turned around and Riuki threw something at her. She caught it and looked at it. It was a paopu fruit.

Kris: "Um, why'd you..."
Riuki: "Well, I thought you wanted one! Plus, I dare you to share it with Sky or do you want me to do it for you?"

Kris looked at the paopu fruit then back at Riuki.

Kris: "Well..um..Not now!"

She threw the fruit and it landed over by Sky. He looked down at it then at Kris and smiled.

Kris: "I better go find some mushrooms for the trip! I'll be back in a little while!" She walked into the Secret Place and down the tunnel. She found a mushroom near a wall and bent down to pick it up. She picked it up and put it in her pocket. She was about to stand up and walk out of the Secret Place but something stopped her. She saw a picture that Sky and her drew when they were little kids. She remembered that Sky had told her when they were drawing it.

Sky: "Remember not to tell Riuki about this since this place is mine and her's secret place!"
Kris: "Ok!"
Sky: "You promise?"
Kris: "I promise!"

She put her hand on it and just sat there for a minute. She found a rock and sat on her knees, while she drew something on the picture. She drew her hand giving a paopu fruit to Sky. She got a weird feeling like someone was behind her. She stood up and turned around. Before she could see who it was, they disappeared.

Kris: "Now again! I'm just dreaming!"

She smacked herself in the head a couple times as she talked.

Kris: "Wake up already!"

She finally stopped smacking herself.

Kris: "I better go find more mushrooms..."

She ran out of the Secret Place.

Kris: *thinks* "What was that thing anyways?"


To be contiuned...