Fan Fiction ❯ Life, Love, and Waiting ❯ It Was Blue... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Back again, pretty quickly too… well, this is it, it's official, let it be known to everyone, want to know more, read on….

*************************************************************** *********************

The sun was beginning to set when Jeremy said that we should be going. He dropped me off at Katie's, giving me a peck on the cheek and promising to pick me up early. We were going to find out if we need to start preparing.

Katie helped me put my stuff downstairs. Then we sat down to have a talk of our own.

"So what took so long?" she asked noticing that I was a little upset.

"Jeremy and I were talking…" I choked out, I was having trouble talking.

"You two didn't…"
"No… but there is something that I need to find out." Katie looked at me and I could tell that she was thinking what I was thinking. I could only nod. Katie sat there for a minute with a shocked expression on her face.

"Do you want me to take you to the store?" she asked quietly. I nodded my response, but didn't want to give up. As long as I sat here I could pretend that my feeling wasn't true, that I wasn't about to go find out something that would change my life forever. I was more then scared, more then terrified, I don't think there was a word for what I felt.

Katie got up and reached out her hand to me. "Let's go," she said. We both put a cheerful look upon our faces and went upstairs to tell her parents we were going to the store.

"Mom," Katie called.

"Yeah," her mom called from the top of the stairs. She was getting ready for something, but we couldn't tell what.

"Dinah and I are going to the store to get some munchies ok?"

"Ok, Sam and I will most likely be gone when you get back, your sister is at a friends house so you'll have the house to yourself," she told us still up in her room.

"Cool, have a good time… where ever you're going," Katie called before grabbing the keys, "bye."

"Bye sweetheart, bye Dinah," her mom called.

"See ya Mrs. Bryan, have a good time," I said departing with Katie to her car, a white Nissan Altima.

"So, where did you want to go?" Katie asked me, trying to cheer me up.

"Anywhere… let's just get this over with…" I didn't want to concentrate on what I was about to do, I just wanted to let this all be a dream in my mind. Katie took the hint and drove to the nearest pharmacy. I hoped that no one we knew would be in there.

Looking around I noticed that there were only a few people in the store. All a bit older, looking at antacids, they were no where near any pregnancy tests. I approached the aisle hesitantly with Katie by my side. Looking at the different tests was like a being in a dream, which was exactly what I wanted. I didn't want any of this to be real. I hadn't a clue what I was going to do after I found out the results, but I was thinking too far ahead, one step at a time. Katie had picked up a basket, and I threw three different tests in. We approached the clerk, I paid no attention to who he was, just threw a twenty on the counter and started breathing in and out slowly. The clerk gave me the change, said something, but I wasn't paying any attention. I simply thanked him and left with Katie who drove to another store to pick up junk food. I couldn't move, realizing what I was about to do, so she left me in the car. She came back with munchies, which I didn't think I would eat much of. Finally we were back at her house, in her bathroom, waiting for a timer to go off. Her parents were gone, so we would be able to get rid of all the evidence, no questions.

The timer went off and we went to the tests, one had a pink line, another a plus sign, and the third… was blue… they were all positive. It was official, no taking it back, no pretending… I was pregnant. Now I just had to decide what my next move was.

*************************************************************** ***********************

Stay tuned for more, more decisions, more truth, more… yeah, just stay tuned if you're interested.