Fan Fiction ❯ Lunar Phoenix ❯ In The Beginning There Was War ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The night was silent, the cold air reaching its icy grip over the remote country.young girl stood outside her small hut, eagerly watching the road.
"Kyato, come inside!"
"But Mama, what about Papa and Shanta?"girl's mother came out, wiping her moist hands on her inflated belly. As she looked at her young daughter she smiled gently and reached out her hand.
"We will wait for them together."child grinned and turned to search the road again.passed in quiet contemplation, and then the girl's joyous grin faded.
"Mama, what's that noise?"the older woman listened carefully, and a strange sound filled her ears. Almost like hundreds of flapping wings.
"Come, Kyato, we best get inside."looked quizzically at her panicked mother and let herself willingly be pulled into the hut. But not before seeing an enormous black cloud of what appeared to be giant birds.small eyes widened in terror as she saw that the birds were carrying human bodies. A small chubby finger rose to point at the sky, her other hand tugging on her mother's hand.the birds flew above the house the mother could clearly make out what the giant birds really were.'s and all of them were holding human soldiers' corpses. And she could recognize two of those unlucky soldiers.
"NOO!!! Msaka, Shanta!!!"
"Mama, what's the matter with them?!"then, father and son fell from the heavens, bloodied and dead before they ever hit the frozen earth.the girl saw her father and brother falling she had gazed upwards and felt the long awaited snow fall.the soft powder was the last thing Kyato Tishikitu saw before being attacked by a Raaj.
"MAMA!"

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"Marceyt, what did you want to see me for?"cat demoness grinned, "I want to show you something."man curiously looked at what he believed was his soul mate.
"And what might it be?"
Marceyt raised her clawed hand and stepped within an inch of the man.
"You are about to see."that she plunged her hand deep inside the man's chest.
"Wha-whatare youdoing?" the man gasped out.
"You have something I have always wanted; now I'm taking it."cat demon came to stand beside the female and began to laugh wildly.removed her hand with the human's still beating heart in her grasp.
"It was all too easy to fool you. Making you believe that I could ever be in love with a filthy human. You should have listened to your father, Yagentan, demons can't be trusted."two demons then turned and walked into the warm summer night, finally having what they wanted.still form of Yagentan lay on the small side road, the life slowly leaking away. But the human muttered a curse against all demons, and when he saw a bizarre glow cover the earth and heard screams erupting from all around him, he believed that the gods had given him his last wish.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"How long can you hold out Kars?"human glared at his forced comrade.
"Just as long as you Oit!"half demon grimaced at the insult. How dare that weak human even consider himself stronger than a half demon?'s trail of thought was rudely pushed aside as the energy pulsed again.burst of screams echoed from somewhere within the Sanctuary.protectors twisted their heads and nearly dropped their swords.in the midst of the women, children and elderly stood a sinister looking imp clasping Tarznik the Sword of Death.imp swung the mighty sword in a wide arc, striking down any in her way. Petrified eyes gazed at the sky vacantly; bodies lay in their crimson pools.
As the two sword holders watched the imp, their struggle against the force weakened.older woman, holding Ikantos the Sword of Healing, came running to the sword-created barrier.
"Hold yer swords, ye idiots!"males, momentarily distracted from the imp's crazed killing spree, returned to their posts.
"What about the imp?!"woman glanced back and began towards the empowered imp.
"I'll take care of her."a burst of energy produced a fissure in the barrier and poison miasma began leaking through.female looked back at the sound of the barrier ripping.
"Close that-"woman's eyes glazed over and her body went limp, yet still she stood. Then the woman plunged her sword deep into the earth, falling as she did. With the last of her strength she called out to the sword.
"Ikantos, HEAL!"wave of light invaded the small sanctuary for the second time in that short week.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
ears of the defenders were met with an unnatural silence. Mouths opened in soundless screams. As they looked on, the two forces went head-to-head, creating a blackened line where they fought.was as if time stood still in this silent void. No one dared move or look away for fear of what they might witness.the energies became weary and began to dissipate.hundreds of people had perished from thirst or poisoning, their blank eyes forever staring at the site of the fight.child, no more than seven years of age, began to speak. The words lay heavy on everyone's mute ears, the only sound in the noiseless place. The child's dark ringlets blew away from the infant face in a gust of foul smelling wind.mother screamed, there, reflected in the face of her only son was a horrific, devilish face. The face leered; everything had been going its way after it had possessed the child. It would now be able to unleash horrors that had been forced to cower in the shadows since the day of the living came to be. But the imp had other plans for the vile thing.out Tarznik as far away from herself as possible, the imp advanced to the boy. When she was but a foot away the imp touched the back of the little one's head.small body was wracked with violent spasms, his eyes rolling crazily in his head, and that was when the battle truly began.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Hope you liked, if you want some more in-depth info bout the story just let me know and I'll post it