Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ Friends No More? ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: YAYSIES! I got a review!

chanchi76: Thanks for the positive comments. I have read "Guardians: A New Beginning" and it is quite nice, too. Thanks again!

On to chapter 10! And, well, you might wanna grab those Kleenexes for today's tearjerker.

Gaea walked home slowely, still shaken by the vision and in deep thought.'I've gotta get a grip' she thought 'this thing has seriously freaked me out'She thought of the figure again and its words, soon.... soon what? what happens soon?she thought of how cold everything had been in the vision'maybe mom can help' she thought.she turned her head to the darkened sky"Whatever happens..." she said softly "I hope we're strong enough...."


"Big... pounding... HEADACH!" Isis and Zach yelled after their mom was done yelling at Zach. "Well.... Mac n' cheese might help... a asprin too." isis said, getting the asprin, and handing zach one and a bottle of water. "I'll make the mac n' cheese... gomen about earlier. I- i just was wondering where you were going so much." Zach told Isis. "It's okay Zach. just if you ever do that again, watch out. and DONT tell a soul about that. Mom knows, but only because she was a gaurdian when she was my age." Isis told Zach.
Gaea walked into her house and saw her mum"Hi mum" she said"Hi honey" Cornelia turned to Gaea "Whats wrong sweetheart, you look upset""I had this terrible vision""oh" Cornelia walked over to Gaea and put a hand around her, "What about?""Some weird creature threataning me...us""what kind of creature?""I don't know, it's my first time seeing one just....evil, I could feel it, so cold"Gaea gave a visible shiver.

After they were done eating and their headaecs were gone, Isis asked if she could tell Zach about being a gaurdian. "Yeah, go ahead Isis." Hay Lin said.0-0-0-0-after Isis tells Zach about being a gaurdian0-0-0-0-0"Woahhhhhh! I wish there could be boy gaurdians! that would be totally cool!" Zach said, after thinking about what Isis had told him. "Mhmh. You wouldnt. You have to practice alot, and we will eventually get into alot of fights with evil things." Isis told him.

Cornelia and Gaea were still talking."I knew we were gonna face some bad stuff" Gaea said "but until today I didn't realise HOW bad.""You will do fine" Cornelia assured her "You'll always have your friends with you"

Aira got home. "Mom, MOM!" She yelled, running in to the kitchen. "I know everything, Air. I convinced her that she must have been dreaming and that you were in your room, still sleeping." Irma said, holding her daughters shoulders. "Did she believe you?" She asked. "Only a little," Her mother said truthfully, "But maybe she will forget about it." "Yeah," Aira said quietly. "I'm tired, I think I'll go to bed." She said running upstairs. "Okay, honey." Irma called after her.
Gaea walked into her room and laid on her bed, she grabbed the remote for her stereo and played the CD that was in.'I've got to get stronger...' she thought depressingly 'we all have if we're to survive'

Aira looked in on her sister and then walked to her own room. "I hope Gaea feels better." She thought to herself. Suddenly she felt dizzy and she collapsed ontop of her bed, asleep. A shadowy figure drained the light from the sun and everything went dark. Her friends lay around her, unconscious. Her head was pounding and the figure approached her. She screamed out for help as loud as she could until she fell back onto the ground. Aira jerked awake, with sweat all over her forehead. "Omigod, good. It was just a dream." She said, breathlessly. She put her hand on her chest, trying to catch her breath. "Maybe I just need some water." She said, going into the bathroom to get some. She turned on the faucet, and was filling up her cup when all of a sudden the shower went on. She looked at the steam coming out and guessed it was really hot. The door swung shut by itself and it locked. Aira pounded on it as hard as she could. suddenly the hot water started to go around her feet. It was scolding hot. She jumped on the toilet seat and screamed, "HELP!!!!" Suddenly the doorknob turned and Alex opened it. "What's your problem." She asked. "T-the water." She looked down, but the water was gone and the shower wasn't on either. "Nevermind," She mumbled going back into her room and to sleep. "She's crazy," Alex rolled her eyes going back to her own room.Gaea tossed and turned in her bed.She looked around at the barren landscape, littered with dead trees and blacked soil. The dark cloudy sky roared with thunder. she was alone. she heard the same eerie voice as before"Soon"Gaea shot up in bed, sweating and gasping for breath"What's happening with me?" she asked quietly

Aaliyah opened her frount door."Hey." She said, walking into her living room. Aaliyah wasen't in the best mood. Ever since Gaea hade that dream, she has had this weird feeling. She coulden't exaclty explain it, it felt like something was about to happen. And sure enough, that "something" was sitting next to Cody along with the rest of her family in the living room. "Is that your little sister, Cody?" Cody's girlfriend, Jessica asked in a very perky, annoying voice.No, I'm the maid. Aaliyah rolled her eyes. She sighed. "Yes, its me! Aaliyah! Remeber?" She coulden't stand this girl! Duh, she know me! "Sorry, I forgot!" she giggled. "Are you ok Aaliyah?" Cody asked. "I'm fine. I'll be in my room if you need me." She walked up stairs and into her room.
"Hey mom? Can you keep Zach away from my room for a while? I dont feel good." Isis asked her mom. "Yeah." Hay Lin told her. Isis went to bed, and had a dreamless sleep for a while.dreamIsis saw her friends all fighting something, and her getting kidnapped. 'ISIS!' everyone yelled, as she was getting taken away. 'LEAVE ME! I WILL FIND A WAY OUT!' she yelled back to them.end dreamWhen Isis woke up, Hay Lin was shaking her, and she was getting worried looks from Zach. "Isis! Are you alright? You were screaming!" Hay Lin said worridly. ""sis?" Zach said."I-i- I'm alright. It was just a bad dream." that i hope never happens

Aira automatically called all her friends. She called Gaea first. "Gaea, wanna have a sleepover tonight at my house or someone else's house if that's cool. I just had a weird dream, too! Maybe we should all talk about it to see what's going on!" Gaea said okay and automatically got off to call half of the girls. Aira called the other half. Pretty soon everything is ready, except for Isis, whom she still had to call. "Yeah, Isis? Wanna have a sleepover?It will either be at my house, or your house if it's okay. Everyone else can go, I just had to ask you." She said.

Okay! I have to tell you the dream... how about since last time it was at your house, it's at my house?" Isis asked, writing 'can i have a sleepover 2night' on a peice of paper and getting a nod from her mom. "My mom said it's alright! we could sleep in the new tent!" Isis told Aira.

Gaea found herself in the dark landscape again but this time she wasn't alone, she was surrounded by skelatons but...they were walking. they walked around her, no....they marched around her, it was an army. thousands of undead warriors marching across the land."Soon, all worlds will be mine" said the eerie voice again"NOOOO!!!" Gaea shot up and opened her eyes.She was in her math class with her fellow students staring blankly at her."May I be excused?" she asked "I don't feel very well"the teacher agreed and Gaea ran to the bathroom. She felt cold, she looked in the mirror and saw her pale complextion. for the first time EVER she was truly frightened and she needed her friends...

Aira had called everyone and it was okay with them all. The sleepover was at Isis'. Everything was planned out. All she had to do now was pack. She put in her pajamas, an extra change of clothes, her toothbrush and toothpaste, her brush and some elastics, her stuffed dog, Ghiro and the mini one, Chibi, and lastly she put in her CD Player. Then she sat her Averatec laptop at the bottom just in case, and picked up Skye. See, since Hay Lin was her godmother, she was allowed to bring Skye over. Hay Lin knew Aira and Skye were inseperable, and she could do nothing about that. So she put Skye on her leash and into her backpack and walked downstairs. "I'm going to Isis' now!" She said, as she walked out the door and down the street to her house.
"Mom" she called "Dad""Yes sweetheart" Cornelia called back "Your fathers out getting grocerys""Did you ever have strange visions when you was a guardian?" Gaea sounded casual but she was worried."Not personally, Why?""I keep having these terrible visions and they're getting worse.""what are they about?""some guy, he keeps saying soon. my latest one involved an army of undead""Do the other girls know?""Not yet, they know about my first vision but not my others, Ill tell them tonight at the sleepover. Thats still ok isnt it?""Sure honey, Just be carful ok."Gaea and Cornelia hugged, then Gaea packed her stuff for the sleep over

Aira knocked on the door. "AIRA!" Hay Lin exclaimed, encasing her in a group hug. "Hey, Mom." Aira choked up, backing up. She usually called Hay Lin Mom, as Isis did with Irma. They were pretty much one big family, after all. Suddenly Gaea walked up. "Hi Gaea!" Hay Lin and Aira said at the same time, hugging her. "We're a hugging family." Aira said with a sweatdrop. Isis walked up to the doorway. "Hi Aira and Gaea!" She exclaimed. "Maylu and Layla are already over." "Cool!" Aira said.

Gaea tried smiling but failed miserably."Whats wrong?" asked Aira"I have some really bad news" Gaea said depressingly

"Don't worry." Aira said, patting her on the back. "We are going to talk about all of these horrible dreams tonight in the tent. Everyone has been having them.(the dreams)" Isis led them outside to the huge tent and Maylu and Layla had already set up their sleeping bags. Aira rolled out hers next to Layla's and Gaea rolled out her's next to Aira's. "Now we just need to wait for Christina and Aaliyah, right Isis?" She asked. "Right." Isis answered
"Hopefully they'll be here soon" said Gaea "Maybe after we talk about this I can actually get some sleep"

"Yeah, I would like to get some sleep, too." Aira said, letting Skye out of her backpack and letting her run around the yard. She turned back. "Hey, look! There is Aaliyah and Christina now!" "Hi guys!" Aaliyah said, walking into the tent, Christina following close behind. "Well, we're all here now. Whaddya wanna do? It's only 3:00." Aira said.

I feel like I could sleep for a week" said Gaea "But we have more important things to deal with first..."

"Let's talk about the dreams tonight when it gets dark and after we eat dinner." Aira said with a grin. "But right now, let's play something outside!"
"yeah!"

"Okay, so, what do you wanna do now?" Aira asked, once they were all outside.

"Hmm.. Eat? No... Truth or Dare?" Isis asked.
"Im gonna sit out" Gaea said sitting down

"Ah, please play with us, Gaea! The way to get rid of the shame, is to play a game!" Aira said, grinning. "Shame? It's the dreams that are bothering her." Aaliyah said. "Yeah, but it rhymes." Aira said, putting her hand behind her head and sweatdropping.

"Aaliyah's right, I dont feel very fun right now, And anyway its not a big deal if im not included" Gaea said turning away from the group"Come on Gaea" Aira pleaded "We're all friends here"Gaea stood up and slammed her hands down on the table"No we're not" she said bluntly"Wha...What do you mean?" Aira asked shocked.The others stared at her wide-eyed."We all know Im just the spare wheel in the group, you lot are all friends and the only reason Im here is cause I was 'chosen', If I wasn't a guardian you never would have been 'friends' with me. Friends help and listen to each other, We're teammates, we work toghther. That was made painfully clear tonight when I had a serious and possibly life-threatening problem and Aira wanted to play games.""Gaea we..." started christina before she was cut of"Save it." Gaea cut in, even angrier. "There is something bad coming and when it comes I WILL be there to fight it but please don't keep saying we're friends just because we're guardians."Tears formed in Gaea's eyes."Gaea..." started AiraGaea ignored her and turned to leave."Ive warned you to watch your back, I'm not needed anymore, go back to acting like everythings ok..."And with that Gaea left and began her walk home crying along the way."Friends...." she said to herself "I never had them before and I was fine, I don't need people now, pretending to be my friend just because we share a destiny"


Aira stared in shock. She closed her eyes as tears formed. "If only you knew, Gaea." She whispered, before running in the opposite direction to her house down the street.Aira ran as fast as she could and opened the door to her house. She slammed the door behind her and put her arm over her eyes as she ran up the stairs to her room. She collapsed on her bed."What's wrong?" Alex asked, walking in. "Leave me alone." She said, taking Skye out of her backpack. Alex glared and then spun around and marched out of the room, slamming the door behind her. "Why does this always happen Skye?" She asked, petting the dog. "I make friends, and then I always do something to mess it up. Why do I always have to make stupid jokes that aren't even funny at the wrong time?" She asked her dog. Skye's eyes widened and she crawled over and curled up right next to her owner. "Thanks, Skye." Aira whispered, smiling and petting Skye."At least I have you, Skye." She smiled through her tears as she rolled over on her bed and closed her eyes, hugging her knees to her chest.


Gaea walked into her house, Her dad sat on the couch and Cornelia was laid next to him with her head rested on his knees. Her dad was leaned over and they were kissing. Uhh.... mushy parent stuff she thought"Hi guys Im home" Gaea said trying to sound cheerful, She didn't want her parents to worry even though in actual fact she was miserable.Cornelia sat up at the sound of Gaea's voice."Whats wrong honey?" she asked "Weren't you suppose to be staying over at your friends?""What friends?" Gaea muttered under her breath. She then spoke more loudly "No change of plan.""You should have called at this time Gaea" her dad said worridley "I would have picked you up.""Thats ok dad, I just needed to walk. I'm kind of tired I think Im going to go upstairs and rest"Gaea walked over to Cornelia and leaned down and gave her a hug, she then gave her dad a hug, he also kissed her forehead."see you later princess" he said softly.Gaea then went upstairs and laid on her bed where she started crying once more.

What shall happen, now that Gaea's dreams have gotten the best of her? Will M.A.G.I.C.A.L. be able to co-exist? And, who is this evil force haunting Gaea's dreams? The answers to these questions will be revealed in chapter 11, so come on back!