Fan Fiction ❯ Meet The Friends ❯ Epesode 5: God... no, wait ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Special Guest

Torrik sat there and stared lazily out the open window. A warm breeze came through, blowing his hair into his face. It was another boring Thursday, and he couldn't sleep. Not only did a strange feeling keep him awake, but Dracos' snoring was a slight factor. There wasn't much going on outside either from his view. It was early afternoon, and hardly anyone was on the street. He figured they were all at work, doing the things they get paid for. Since he and Dracos worked nights only, they were usually the only two in the apartment. He sighed and pressed his ears back when he heard a laughing from the other end of the wall. Too tired to get involved, he attempted to ignore it, but after a while he grew annoyed. He backed away from the window and slid off the couch. Then walked all the way to the room on the floor below his. Once he got there, he strode in through the door and peered out the open window in the living room.

"Don't you two ever do anything else?" he asked.

Terrin and Pagasis, who were sitting on the railing of the fire-escape, turned and looked at him with questioning expressions. Both of them had the day off.

"No." Terrin shook his head.

"Well… yeah." Pagasis looked thoughtful. "Terrin's mom."

"Shut up."

Torrik walked over to the railing and leaned on it, looking down at the alleyway below. He felt like lazily slipping over it and free-falling to the ground. Maybe then he'd get some sleep.

"What's up?" Terrin asked. "You don't look so good."

"I feel like shit." Torrik said.

"Oh."

"So, what's today's count?"

"About three so far." Pagasis replied.

"Did Esthenia get nailed again?"

"Nope."

"That was funny…" Torrik grinned.

"It was." Terrin chuckled. "You know what was funnier though? This one fat guy walked out here and he had a doughnut. The pigeons were on him in seconds and he was all running around his car trying to get away. He was so large that his pants kept falling down..."

He started to laugh. He couldn't help it whenever he pictured it in his head.

"The pigeons got pissed after a while." Pagasis continued. "They started bombing him. It was like a war going on…"

Torrik nodded. He had a feeling it had to be something that good to make them laugh loud enough for him to hear all the way from his room.

"Dude, don't you ever look… Excited?" Terrin asked him.

Torrik shrugged.

"Esthenia was right…" Pagasis chuckled. "You are impossible."

"Maybe so." Torrik said. "But I don't ever remember Esthenia being right about anything."

"That wasn't nice!"

All three boys turned to see Esthenia's head hanging out the window.

"Home early?" Pagasis asked.

"Yeah…" Esthenia said as she climbed outside and joined them. "There was hardly anyone there so Mona said I could come home until eight. You know it picks up at night."

Torrik backed away from the railing.

"I'm going to try to get some sleep now." he said as she headed for the window. He stopped when he was next to Esthenia. "You're right… I am impossible… You bore me so much that I'm impossible to keep awake much longer. Thanks."

He then climbed through the window.

Esthenia frowned and leaned over the railing next to Pagasis.

"He's in a grumpy mood…"

"He's just tired." Terrin said.

"I can see that." Esthenia sighed. "But why does he always have to pick on me?"

"Because you're fun to pick on." Pagasis grinned.

"What?"

"Sure," Terrin said. "Like that one time the bird pooped on your head."

"That wasn't funny!" Esthenia hissed.

"Yeah it was."

"No it wasn't!"

"Was too."

"Was not!"

"Was too."

"Was NOT!"

Pagasis just stared into space as they kept at it. He wondered if his life would ever be normal.

"I'm beat…" Umie sighed as she leaned on the counter.

Mona, who was washing glasses peered over her shoulder at her.

"Sorry to hear that." she said. "I see that you're not here at your usual time. You must've been busy today."

"I was…" Umie sighed as she rested her chin on her hand.

"You want your usual?"

"Please…"

"Coming up…"

Umie stared blankly at the wall as she thought about how her day was going. Her uniform was starting to make her sweat. She had to chase a man who tried to rob a grocery store for a couple miles before finally wrestling him to the ground and arrested him. Then later, she had to put up with an angry mother whom she pulled over. The woman couldn't see why she was getting a ticket. Her excuse was that she was telling her children to calm down in the back seat. This was hard for Umie to believe, for the woman had been driving almost a hundred miles an hour through a red traffic light.

"Here you go." Mona said as she slid a large ham sandwich and a basket of French fries to her.

"Thanks." Umie said as she took it. She was chewing on a fry when her radio, attached to her belt, came on.

"Officer 16, we have a robbery in-progress…"

Umie growled as she listened. Once the report was finished, she turned to Mona.

"Sorry." she said as she turned. "Could you wrap that?"

"Sure thing." Mona winked, and Umie was out the door.

She ran up to her motorcycle and once it was started, she took off as fast as she could toward her destination. She bolted past traffic and people as she tore through the streets to a small gas station. Once she got there, she hopped off her bike and ran up next to the door. Inside, she could see two people. The one with his back to her appeared to have something in his hand. A weapon perhaps?

"I didn't do it!!"

Umie had kicked the door open and seconds later was pointing her gun right at Tsuniker's head.

Umie stared at him for a moment. Letting out deep breaths. She then lowered her gun with a sigh.

"What's the problem?"

"This man!" the cashier exclaimed while pointing at Tsuniker angrily. "He robbed me!"

"I did not!"

"Okay, okay!" Umie put her hands up to silence them. "Tell me now, what happened?"

Both of them tried to talk at once.

"One at a time!"

"Well," the cashier said. "I was just standing there behind the counter, when this man walked up to me and demanded that I give him money! I refused, and he threatened me with something he has in his pocket. I wasn't going to take any chances, so I gave it to him."

"Is this true?" Umie asked Tsuni in shock.

"No…" Tsuniker said. "He owed me. It's my job."

"What is that?"

"I gave him a blow-job, and he owes me." Tsuni said. "I'm a jiggalo."

Umie just stared at him for a moment.

"O-kay… and so why did you threaten him?"

"I didn't." Tsuni said as he pulled a pair of hand cuffs from his pocket. "He left these in my room. I told him if he didn't pay me, that I wouldn't give them back."

"Those are my lucky pair!" the cashier exclaimed.

Umie sighed. She felt a little angry to be pulled away from lunch for something so dumb. She had a feeling that the cashier didn't tell her the whole story.

"Okay." she said. "How about this. You pay him the money you owe, and you give him back his… toy."

"That's blackmail!" the cashier yelled.

"Well…" Umie said. "I could arrest you for false conviction of robbery. That's an offense. I could also kick you in the nuts for making me miss my lunch. Maybe then you won't have to hire a jiggalo, because you won't be worrying about that area anymore."

The cashier gulped. In the end, he and Tsuniker exchanged their dues and were off. Umie and Tsuniker walked outside.

"I can't believe this…" Umie hissed. "This has to be the dumbest day ever!"

"It wasn't that bad." Tsuni said as he pat her on the back. "At least nobody we know saw it."

"Hey!!"

Umie and Tsuni both looked over and saw Terrin, Pagasis, and Esthenia sitting on the fire escape of the apartment. They were all waving at them.

Umie let out a sob as she headed for her bike. Just then, something landed on her shoulder. She looked to see a glob of white, followed by the hysteric laughing of her friends on the balcony.

The apartment was quiet as Pagasis and Esthenia strode through the lobby and headed for the doors. They figured that everyone was down at the bar hanging out. Esthenia had to go back to work. She didn't mind serving her friends. Just as they were walking out, they passed Torrik. Esthenia paused, waiting for a smart-ass comment. Nothing happened.

Pagasis stopped and looked at her over his shoulder with his hand on the door, holding it open.

"Was that Torrik?" he asked.

"Yeah…" Esthenia said as she looked around. "I thought he was asleep…"

"Where `de go?" Pagasis wondered as he looked around the lobby.

"Strange…" Esthenia murmured as she walked out the door.

Once they made it there, they fund out that they were right about everyone being there.

Tsuniker and Zera were sitting on the stools, talking to Mona. Umie, Mupo, and Sheirow were playing at a pin-ball machine in the far corner. They looked pretty amused.

"Bout time you got here." Mona said as she tossed Esthenia her apron. "I just got a call saying that a music group was coming out here to eat tonight. They called ahead to see if there was any room available. There's going to be a lot of them.

"Where's Terrin?" Pagasis asked as he took a seat next to Zera.

"I handcuffed him to his bed…" Tsuni said.

"No silly…" Zera said. "He's going with Torrik and Dracos tonight. So he's getting some sleep."

"What's he doing that for?" Pagasis frowned.

Umie appeared next to him.

"He said something about not having to work tomorrow, and he promised to help Dracos clean up the arcade after a group of kids trashed it the other day."

"Oh…"

Umie stared at him for a moment.

"What are you staring at?"

Pagasis just grinned.

"I saw that you were on duty earlier." he said. "Stunning performance…"

Umie's ears pressed back.

"Shut up." she hissed.

"Hey, you should help me out more often." Tsuniker nodded. "That was fun!"

Umie stood up.

Pagasis held his arm out.

"Let's not do that."

"Why not?" Umie asked. "I'm going to kick him in the nuts."

"He might deserve it," Pagasis said. "But then he'll be out of the job."

Tsuniker nodded.

Umie sat back down.

"Paggy!"

Mupo was wrapped around his neck. Her cheeks were bright red.

Pagasis could smell booze from her breath.

"Uh… Mupo, have you been drinking?"

"Uh… yeah." Mupo giggled. She then backed off. "Guess what? Sheirow got a million points!"

Sheirow appeared behind her. He placed his arms on her head and leaned down.

"No…" he smiled. "I only got a thousand. You just saw three more zeros. You're drunk sweetie!"

"I'm not as think as you drunk I am!" Mupo exclaimed.

"It's a good thing she can't drive…" Umie sighed. "I don't want to hand out anymore tickets today…"

"Damn!"

Suddenly, the lights went out.

Pagasis looked around. Everything was dark.

"Mona?" Zera exclaimed. "What happened?"

"Sorry…" they heard Mona say from the dark. "I accidentally tripped on the loose wire again. I'll find it in a sec…"

They all heard a crash followed by Mupo's yelp.

"Owie!"

"You okay?" they heard Sheirow ask her.

"Yeah…" Mupo groaned. "I think… my lip is bleeding… I bit it… Owww…"

Pagasis heard Umie sigh and a small banging sound when she rested her head on the counter.

Suddenly, there was a light coming from somewhere. It was so bright that nobody could see. They blinked and stared in the direction of the door. Someone was standing there.

"Got it…"

The lights turned back on.

"Oh…" Sheirow said when he saw who it was. "It's just you."

It was only Torrik. He seemed different to everyone somehow. It might have been his eyes. They were relaxed, but more cheerful, and unlike his usual wardrobe, he was wearing a pair of bluejeans and a long sleeved, black shirt. Over that was a white tee shirt that had "Jesus is my Home Boy" written on it. He was holding a bright green electric guitar.

"Konnichiwa!" he said as he made a peace sign.

Everyone looked at each other for a moment.

"Are you doing okay?" Pagasis asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course I am!" he said as he raised his arms. "I am the light!!"

"O-kay…" Umie said as she looked away from him. "He's lost it…"

Esthenia walked out of the kitchen. She froze when she saw him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. Her eyebrows were raised in question too. She could sense something strange as well. "I thought you had to work tonight."

"I already did." he said. "I was rocking… and banking my head like this…" he stared whipping his hair around. "and then I stuck out my tongue… They like that!"

"I do!" Tsuni grinned. He seemed to like this a lot.

Zera just had a look of bewilderment. Like Pagasis and Esthenia, she felt a little concerned for his health. She didn't say anything.

"Hyellow!"

Mupo had her arms around his neck.

"Woa!" Torrik exclaimed. "Y'all see this?! She threw herself on me! Watch the strings missy… I just got this baptized."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Pagasis asked.

"No…" Torrik said as Mupo stalked away. "I'm cawazy!!"

"In that case…" Sheirow strode up to him. Torrik just stared off into space as Sheirow grabbed his hand and felt his pulse and looked at his watch. "He seems to be fine. He's alive anyway…"

Mona walked from the kitchen with a few new wine bottles. She stared at Torrik for a moment, then went over to the shelf and started re-stocking them.

"Doesn't surprise me…" she sighed.

"Okay, you jack ass…" Esthenia hissed as she strode up to him. "Enough of this. You're starting to scare me."

"Woa! Down kitty!" Torrik exclaimed.

Esthenia gasped. He had an expression of surprise on his face. She'd never seen that before.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the light!" he said as he gave her a peace sign.

"What?"

Just then, another Torrik appeared right next to him. He had his hair down and was wearing a blue shirt that said "take a picture" on it.

"Hey…" he said with a slight wave. "We thought we'd stop in for a moment before we left…"

Esthenia backed up. Both boys looked identical.

"What the hell?" Zera gasped.

"Woa!" Mupo squealed. "I AM seeing double!! I love being wasted. Double SEXY!"

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Torrik asked. He then peered at his twin out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head. He and the other Torrik stared at each other for a moment. Then, the Torrik with the guitar gave him a toothy smile and raised his eyebrows. He looked strange.

"This is a sign from god!" he exclaimed as he dropped to his knees. "Oh praise… I was sent a brother!!"

"What the fuck?" the other asked as he stared down at him. "Who are you?"

"The question is my friend…" the other said as he stood up. He got really close to his face. "Who are you?"

"I asked you first." the other one said annoyed.

"This is getting you guys nowhere." Pagasis said.

"Fine." the annoyed one said. "I'm Torrik."

"Heizeus." he said as he gave a peace sign. "It means Jesus in Spanish. You can call me Zeus for short."

"Who the hell is that?" Dracos asked as he walked in. Terrin was at his heels.

Heizeus just cocked his head to the side.

Terrin froze when he caught site of him.

"I like it when men stare at me." Heizeus smiled. He then looked at Torrik. "I know I'm not a homo, but I must say that you are the most handsome looking fellow I've ever met."

Torrik just kind of grinned.

"You're kind of hot too…"

Tsuniker clapped his hands in delight.

"Hold up…" Mona said as she walked up to them. "Aren't you the leader of that band, "Crack-milkshake"?"

"Indeed I am." Heizeus said. "I decided to come a little early and check things out. The boys are playing strip poker in the van…"

"That explains the naked guy running down the street just five minutes ago…" Dracos said with little enthusiasm.

"You mean the dude with the paintball gun and the glow sticks?" Terrin asked.

"IGOR!!" Heizus cried in a devilish tone.

"You've got to be kidding…" Pagasis said.

"I think I can see the difference now…" Esthenia said as she examined them. "Torrik has blonde in his hair and he has earrings. Zeus has none of those."

"You think that's a difference…" Dracos said. "Come check out his tail!"

Dracos was right. Unlike Torrik's long, thick and stripped dragon-like tail, Heizeus' was long and whip-like and got fluffy at the end. It looked a little like Mona's with the white at the tip. Only his was orange instead of brown.

"I see…" Zera said. "He's a fox-dragon."

Mupo got up in his face again. Her cheeks were still very red.

"I'm a dragonwolf." she smiled. She then let out a squeak.

"O-kay." Heizeus didn't have much of a choice but to step back.

Sheirow just kind of smiled and held Mupo's shoulders.

"Excuse my wife." he said. "She'll settle down once she gets the alcohol out of her system."

"Dude, if you think that a little boose can mess up your head," Heizeus said. "I've got some stuff in the van that'll make ya nuts!"

"That explains a lot…" Terrin sighed.

"I want some!"

"Tsuni…" Zera scolded. "You're hyper enough."

Dracos looked at him and Torrik.

"What about us guys?" he asked them both. "Shall we head out now?"

"We should." Terrin nodded. "I'm sure nobody would appreciate it if we were late."

"Come on." Dracos grabbed Torrik by the shoulders. "Stop admiring yourself and lets go…"

Torrik just kind of glanced at him over his shoulder.

"Please." he said. "Why don't you just go a little lower and grab my ass…"

Dracos released him.

"I'll do it!" Tsuni said.

Torrik turned to him.

"How bout this?" he asked. "I'll leave, and this guy'll take my place for you. How's that sound?"

"Fine with me." Tsuni winked.

"Atta boy!"

With that, the three guys left.

"That was the freakiest thing I've ever seen." Umie finally said after being silent the whole time.

"Who?" Heizeus asked as he approached the counter.

"You…"

"I'm not freaky until I get my frick on!"

"Dear god…"

"Thank you."

He started to play with the guitar strings as he sat down.

Pagasis watched him with interest.

"Where are you from anyway?"

"Heaven."

"No, really…"

"That's the name of my home town."

"Oh… Ironic…"

"Do you want something to drink?" Esthenia asked from behind the counter. "That is what this place is for after all…"

Heizeus looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I'll have some orange juice."

"Oh…kay."

"How long are you guys here for?" Zera asked him.

"About a couple days." Heizeus replied as he received his class of orange juice.

"That guitar glows, doesn't it?" Pagasis asked, still looking at the bright green instrument.

"Yup!" Heizeus smiled. "I got it customized in Heaven."

"What's that say?" Zera was looking at it too. She had her head cocked to the side, trying to read something written on the guitar face.

"Halo."

"Fancy that…" Esthenia sighed as she carried a tray past them to a group of customers in the corner booth.

After a while. Heizeus stood up. He left his tip by the empty glass as he turned and left. He didn't say anything except for "bless you." when Umie sneezed.

"Not even a goodbye?" Mupo wined.

"Someone tell me what happened…" Umie said. "Is he god or something?"