Fan Fiction ❯ Meet The Friends ❯ Epesode 7: Zera's Birthday ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Where am I?"

Zera looked around. She was in a dark room with no visible furniture or windows. Only the corners of the square room. She felt a rush of sadness...

"Where is everybody?" she asked loudly. "Is anyone here?"

Silence...

Zera stared at her feet.

"I can't believe they forgot..." she sighed.

A crack of light appeared as a door opened from one of the walls. Zera was slightly blinded by the sudden light as the door opened and the silhouette of a man stood there.

"Tsuniker...?"

"..."

"Who are you?"

The man didn't answer once more. Instead, he walked up to her. It took Zera a moment to realize who it was.

"Dracos?"

"Happy birthday Zera..." he said as he leaned forward and kissed her.

Zera opened her eyes to find herself making out with her pillow. Zera stared at it for a moment, then sat up and cussed.

"Damn!" she hissed as she stared out her apartment room window. "It was just a dream!!!"

"Bloody fuck'in hell Tsuniker!" Esthenia exclaimed. "You could at least knock first!"

"Don't worry." Tsuiker winked. "I've seen those parts before."

Esthenia wrapped her towel around her a lot more tightly. She tried even harder to hold the bathroom door closed so she wouldn't expose too much to the intruder sitting on the living room couch.

"I swear..."

"I know you do..." Tsuni said as he crossed his legs and rested his chin on his hand. "You swear too much."

"What do you want?"

"Well... My brother is coming up today..."

"You have a brother?"

"Oh yes." Tuniker nodded. "He's not gay though. He says he wants to come down here and ask you out."

Esthenia's jaw dropped.

"How does he know who I am?"

"Well... I told him."

"You didn't..."

"I did."

"Bastard..."

"Sort of..."

"Why?"

"HA!!" Tsuniker laughed. "April fool! Got ya!"

Esthenia hissed and threw a shampoo bottle at him.

"Funny." she said. "Now will you go away so I can get dressed?"

"I guess I'll take my leave." Tsuni said as he stood up. "Don't forget about tonight."

"I won't." Esthenia said. "You might have to remind Pagasis though."

"I got it all taken care of." Tsuni said with a flick of his wrist. "Just leave it to me."

"That's what I'm afraid of..." Esthenia sighed as she closed the bathroom door. "I've got to talk to Mona about boarding that hole up..."

"I can't believe this..." Pagasis sighed as he walked into a large grey building. He walked up to a desk where there was a rabbit anthro filing her nails. "Um... hello?"

"Up the stairs and to the left..." she said with little enthusiasm.

"Thank you." Pagasis said as he turned and walked to the stair case. He held a note in his hand. It reminded him of a detention slip that a teacher had given him.

He didn't look at the sign on the door as he knocked when he reached the location where the secretary had directed him.

"Come in."

Pagasis timidly walked in. His eyes met a brightly lit room with a lavender carpet and wooden walls. There were large windows that had curtains that matched the carpet.

"Have a seat." someone said.

"Where are you?" Pagasis asked as he sat down on the long chair.

"I'm behind the wall getting some tea." the man said. "Lay down... I'll be there shortly."

Pagasis did as he was told and rested his head on the little pillow and rested his feet. It wasn't too much longer when he heard footsteps and someone taking a seat in the chair behind him. He couldn't see the doctor at all.

"Do you have an appointment?" the doctor asked.

Pagasis held out the note behind him.

The doctor took it and examined it with a hum.

"I see..." the doctor said. "You're having trouble dealing with anger?"

"Well..." Pagasis sighed. "That's the part I don't understand. It wasn't that big a deal."

"Well..." the doctor said. "Anger could be a very serious matter. No matter what level it's at. Let's start from the beginning..."

"I wonder what's taking him so long..." Esthenia wondered as she stared at her drink.

"He's probably just working late today." Mona said as she cleaned the glasses behind the counter.

"Maybe..."

"So, have you found a job yet?" Mona asked.

"No..." Esthenia sighed. "I've been looking for about two weeks now. It's either the job's taken, or I'm not good enough..."

"Well..." Mona said. "Maybe I could come up with something. Just think, it's either you and Pagasis live for free, or I pay you. It's a good deal if you ask me. Plus you get tips."

"Really?" Esthenia exclaimed.

"Why not?" Mona smiled. "I've been waiting for somebody hard core."

"But... I'm not really hard core." Esthenia blushed as she stared at her Mountain Dew.

"I see you beating on the guys all the time." Mona grinned. "I think you can handle it."

"What do you want me to do?" Esthenia asked.

Mona held out an apron and a note pad.

"You see those truckers over there?" she asked as Esthenia took the things.

Esthenia stared in horror at a group of large Dragon anthros that where sitting at a corner booth. The very sight of them revolted her.

"Go greet them with a big smile." Mona grinned.

"And then they made me their leader..." Pagasis said.

"I see..." the doctor said as he jotted things down on his clip board. "So, aside from everything else that you've told me... Quote: You had your head shoved in a toilet in third grade... What happened today that made your boss send you to me?"

"Well... One of my co-workers took my Pepsi..." Pagasis sighed. "I didn't argue with him. All I said was that I wanted it back. And then before I knew it, the boss rote up this note like it was some kind of detention slip and sent me here for therapy..."

"I understand completely..." the doctor nodded.

"Good..." Pagasis sighed in relief. "So could you just write a note saying I'm good then...?"

"Actually..." the doctor said. "Instead, I'm writing you up for anger management..."

"What!" Pagasis exclaimed. "You can't be serious!"

"This is a very serious matter." the doctor said. "Just think... If your boss didn't catch you on time, you could have done some serious damage to your co-worker. It's my job to make sure that doesn't happen."

Pagasis rolled his eyes and groaned.

"I can't believe this is happening..."

"Neither can I." the doctor chuckled. "You're my third patient today for the same reason."

"What are you talking about?" Pagasis asked as he sat up and faced his doctor.

"S-Sheirow!!!??"

The gryphon anthro winked at him. He wore a long white lab coat. In his hand was a clip board.

"I can't believe this!" Pagasis exclaimed. "You're a shrink!"

"Yeah..." Sheirow smiled as he scratched his head. "I like helping people I guess. Oh... by the way..."

He handed Pagasis the note that his boss had given him. Pagasis' eyes popped open and his jaw dropped.

"April fools!!?" he moaned. "My boss sent me here for a joke?"

Sheirow nodded.

"Yeah, he called me ahead of time and told me the story." he said. "I thought it was kind of funny... so I decided to play along. By the way, your co-worker stashed your Pepsi in the refrigerator. He didn't drink it though. That could spread germs."

"What's this fine print say?" Pagasis said as he studied the note. There was a fine print at the bottom. Sheirow handed him a magnifying glass. "Love your work buddies..." Pagasis read. "What's up Jackass... from your great buddy Dracos... A very enthusiastic yo.. From Torrik. What the hell?"

"I love this day..." Sheirow sighed.

"I'm going to kill them!" Pagasis growled as he stood up. He then looked at Sheirow sternly. "Don't write that down..."

"Sorry..." Sheirow said as he stopped writing on his clip board. "It's part of the job..."

"Tsuniker!" Dracos exclaimed. "I swear, if you sing that song one more time, I'll throw you out of the truck!"

"I'm sorry!" Tsuni said. "I love it!"

"Why don't we just turn the radio off..." Torrik sighed.

"Hey, you may be the driver... And you may own this truck..." Dracos said. "But I control the radio..."

"You debate yourself too much..." Torrik sighed. "So, where are we off to next?"

"I thought you knew." Dracos said.

"Well... I may be driving, and own the truck... but I have no idea where I'm going."

"True..." Dracos said. "We're off to the crazy house to pick up the shrink and the angry one."

"It's so convenient that this is taking place on April fool's day." Tsuniker said. "Plus I got to see Esthenia naked!"

Torrik slammed on his breaks.

"What the hell was that about!?" Dracos exclaimed as he lifted his head from the dash board. There was a small dent in it.

"There was a dog in the road..." Torrik said.

"I was only kidding..." Tsuniker said. "She was wearing a towel."

"About time!" Pagasis said as the truck pulled up. He and Sheirow where sitting on a bench outside the office.

"What's wrong Paggy?" Dracos snickered as he rolled down the window. "You're not angry are you?"

"No..." Pagasis said with a hint of sarcasm. "And have to see a shrink... Whatever gave you that idea?"

"Hey, It's better than the duct tape and apple plan..." Dracos grinned.

"Jump in." Tsuniker said as he opened the back door. "We only have a couple hours to prepare."

Pagasis and Sheirow climbed in. Pagasis grinned when he sat behind Dracos.

"Guess what?" he said as the truck started down the road. "Every time we hit a bump, I'm going to smack you in the head."

"Why?" Dracos asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Pay back."

Torrik swerved a little and sure enough, the truck leapt up a little. Dracos got nailed.

"That was cheap..." Dracos said with a frown.

"Oh look..." Torrik said as he swerved again.

"Will you cut that out!?" Dracos exclaimed as he rubbed his aching head.

"That's a stupid question..." Pagasis grinned.

"This is kind of funny..." Torrik said as he swerved again.

"Dude!" Sheirow said. "You're going to kill us! Even I drive better than this."

"Sheirow..." Dracos said. "I can't drive worse than you even if I tried."

"That wasn't very nice..." Sheirow said.

"Don't worry..." Pagasis grinned when the truck jumped again. "I'll avenge thee..."

"About time you got here." Mona said as they walked in.

"Well... we were taking our sweet time hitting every bump we could find." Dracos said. "But then that song came on the radio and Tsuniker started singing again. So we sped up... Do you have any ice by the way?"

"Where's everybody else?" Pagasis asked.

"Well... You know where Tarrin and Mupo are. Umie will be here pretty soon and Esthenia..."

At that moment, Esthenia walked out carrying a trey with sandwiches. She had the apron on. Her face flushed as soon as she spotted her friends.

"Hello..."

"Esthenia?" Pagasis said. "You work here?"

Esthenia nodded.

"Come on lady!" one of the Dragon anthros called from the corner booth. "We haven't got all day!"

"Sorry!" Esthenia exclaimed. "I'm coming."

"That should keep her on her feet." Pagasis said.

"You don't have to pay rent anymore either." Mona said.

"Saweet!"

"Okay!" Tsuniker said as he held up a shopping bag. "We have two hours until it's time. Let's get started shall we?"

"Is this where she works..." Tarrin wondered when he entered a strange building. He had a piece of paper with an address on it.

"Aw man..."

It was a crowded bar. There were people surrounding a platform, and someone was dancing on it.

Tarrin felt his jaw drop when he realized that it was Zera.

She was dancing on a brass pole with a very skimpy outfit.

"Oh geeze.." a voice said behind him. "I should have known you'd show up at a kinky place..."

Tarrin turned and faced Umie. His face turned red.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm picking up Zera." she said. "I've got the address here. Is this where she works?"

Tarrin pointed to the dancer.

"Woa..." Umie gasped. "I had no idea..."

She then covered Tarrin's eyes.

"Pervert..."

"What?" he asked. "I'm a full grown healthy male."

"You won't be..."

Minutes later, Zera walked up to them. She had her regular clothes on again.

"What are you doing here?" she asked them.

"We were in the area and thought it would be nice to walk home with you..." Umie said.

"How nice." Zera said. "Oh, wait..." she turned and slipped a dollar out of her shirt and handed it to some guy. "Be a sweety and get me a soda."

"Okay!" the guy said as he turned his heel and headed for the bar.

"So, what is everyone up to?" she asked.

"Work." Umie said.

"Oh."

"Here's your soda miss..." the guy said when he returned with a can of Mountain Dew.

"Thanks." Zera said when she took it. She shrugged when she looked at her friends. "This job makes me thirsty sometimes..."

"Let's get going." Umie said as she looked around. She noticed that a group of men where staring at her. "This place makes me nervous."

"It isn't that bad..." Tarrin said as he spotted a group of women in thongs.

Umie kicked him in the shin.

"Hey, you got the time sweetie?" a man asked Umie with a wink.

"I'll give you time..." Umie hissed as she raised her fist. Tarrin held her back.

"Okay, let's get out of here before I loose my job." Zera said.

"Let me go!" Umie growled as she punched Tarrin in the chest. "I wanna make them hurt really bad!"

"It's dark in here..." Zera said as they entered the bar. "Strange... Mona never closes early, and the door was unlocked."

"I'm not sure..." Umie said as she walked over to the light switch. "Let's just turn this on..."

"SURPRISE!!!"

The light turned on and Zera found herself surrounded by all her friends and complete strangers. She covered her mouth and started to laugh.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "I thought everyone forgot!"

"This is proof that we didn't." Esthenia said. She was behind the counter pouring shots.

"Well... actually Pagasis did until we reminded him..." Sheirow said.

Pagasis stepped on his foot.

"Happy happy birthday!" Tsuniker shouted as he leapt on her. He was wearing a glittery cone party hat and one of those Hawaiian flower necklaces. Around his arm was a basket full of balloons, pulls one out and popped it over her head with his claw, showering her in confetti.

"Let me see one of those..." Pagasis said as he picked up one of the balloons that Tsuniker had in the basket. He pulled out a pin and popped it over Dracos' head. But it wasn't full of confetti.

"You jack-ass!!" Dracos exclaimed. He was drenched in water.

"That was funny..." Torrik said. He was kind of between that sensation of laughter and sarcasm, but not laughter. That's what Torrik does.

"I'm going to send that horse to a glue factory!" Dracos said as he chased after Pagasis.

Pagasis just laughed and ran out the door.

"Where's Mupo?" Zera asked as she looked around.

"She said she was going to be late." Sheirow said.

"Oh..."

"Check out what just arrived..." Mona said as she pushed a cart in. It was a huge cake. "This is enough for the whole damn neighborhood."

"Holy cow!" Zera exclaimed as she looked it over up and down.

"It was my idea." Tsuniker said.

"Stop taking all the credit." Esthenia said.

"Cut it." Umie said. "I wanna eat it!"

Mona handed Zera a knife.

"Now don't go killing anyone with it." she grinned.

Zera took the knife and walked over to the cake. She raised it and was about to cut it when it fell apart and Mupo, in a bunny costume, came rolling out of it.

"Uh..." she moaned. "H...happy birthday."

Everyone stood around in complete shock.

"Umm... Mupo." Esthenia finally said. "You were supposed to pop out the top of it, not fall out of the side of it."

"I'm sorry." Mupo said as she shook frosting out of her hair. "It was getting hard to breathe, and before I knew it, I got dizzy."

"It's okay sweedie." Sheirow said as he picked her up off the floor. "You did great."

"Drop the lovy-dovy shit." Dracos said.

Zera smiled and walked up to him.

"I knew you'd remember." she smiled.

"Oh really?" Dracos asked. He was starting to feel a little tense.

"Yeah." Zera said. "So, you got something for me?"

"Uh..."

"I do!" Tsuniker exclaimed as he held out a rectangular box with a bow on top.

Zera took it and shook it a little. The color drained from her face when it shook her back.

"Is that... vibrating?" Umie asked.

"This had better be an electric toothbrush." Zera said to Tsuniker.

"Well..." Tsuniker said innocently. "You could put it in your mouth..."

"Okay, I didn't need to know that." Tarrin said. He sat down next to Torrik. They both exchanged looks.

"You know you like it." Torrik grinned.

"Say what?"

"This is from me." Esthenia said as she handed Zera a floral bag. "I wasn't sure on what to get... so I went with the stuff you like..."

"Pocky!!!" Zera exclaimed as she pulled out a large box of chocolate and strawberry pocky. "And Ramen..."

"Yeah." Esthenia said as she scratched the back of her head. "Tsuniker told me that you live off the stuff..."

"Thanks!"

"This is from me." Sheirow said. "I knitted it myself."

Zera opened the package to find a long knitted purple and black scarf looking thing. She examined it a little in confusion.

"It's a tail warmer." Sheirow said proudly.

"It looks like a knitted condom." Dracos said.

"It looks a bit big for you." Tarrin said.

"If it were that big, It would be painful." Dracos shuddered.

"Then you'd have to learn how to control it." Torrik said.

"How would you know something like that?" Tarrin asked.

"Camma sutra my friend." Torrik winked.

"O-kay..." Umie said with concern. "I think your guy's egos are bigger than your cocks."

"You wanna find out?" Torrik asked.

Esthenia punched him on the shoulder.

"From me..." Pagasis said as he handed Zera a box wrapped in duct tape and newspaper. His face was red.

Zera opened it to find a silver chain necklace with a dragon pendant.

"Pretty..."

"Ooooo..." Mupo gawked as she leaned over Zera's shoulder. "Shiny."

"You smell like cake." Zera giggled.

"Here you go." Torrik said as he handed her his gift.

"Is this a... bra???"

"Yeah..." Torrik said. "I found it on Dracos' bedroom floor. I thought you'd like it."

"Hey!" Mupo exclaimed. "That's mine!"

"My room!!??"

"Just like old times..." Esthenia sighed as she stood next to Umie and Mona. They watched everyone run around. There was laughter in the air, it made her feel good. Tarrin joined them.

"Are you sure these are the people you once knew?" he asked.

Esthenia spotted the vibrating box on the table.

"Oh yeah..." she smiled. "That's them all right."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZERA!!!!!!