Fan Fiction ❯ Mock Me Not ❯ Friends and Enemies. Past Revisited. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“My god, Raven! Over here!”
Raven opened her eyes and blinked, looking around. her eyes widened at the sight of the red steam engine. Slowly, Raven's gaze trailed along it's many cars till, finally, it rested on none other then...
“Sirius!” she called out cheerfully, running and dragging her bag at the same time. Finally, she dropped her bag and embraced her close friend.
Sirius had shaggy, short black hair and was dressed in a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans that fit him well.
“Ah! Raven. Glad you finally showed up.”
Raven looked over and spotted the 'gang'.
“Ah, Mr. Potter!” she spoke in that infamous, thick, fake British accent of hers, “I'm never late!”
It was James.
James had short, messy brown hair and a crooked smile that most girl's found charming.
James was dressed in a peculiar manner; tan pants and a green sweater which was over a white dress shirt and tie.
'Whats up with the clothes?' Raven asked herself quietly. Only after a minute, did she guess it was Jame's father that dressed him this time.
“Oh ho ho, but you almost missed the train last time!”
She grinned at Sirius, who still had his arms around her shoulders. “Mhm. I know. I meant to do that.” She spoke in a casual voice which was quickly accompanied with a nervous laugh as Sirius quirked an eyebrow, “Mr. Black.” Raven said in a stern voice.
“Yes Ma'am?”
“Don't give me that look.”
“Which look, Ma'am?”
“This one.” She quirked an eyebrow and pulled herself away from him, placing her hands on her hips in an attempt to impersonate him.
Sirius laughed, along with James, and Raven simply grinned and walked over to her bags. She grabbed hold of the handles and yawned, turning towards the train, “Now, boys. If you don't mind, I must be off to find Lily.”
“But I'm right here, Raven!”
Raven blinked, paused, turned, then gasped, “Oh! That you are!”
Lily stood beside James, their arms hooked together and her head resting against his shoulder.
She had long, curly, copper-red hair this year. She was wearing a summer yellow dress that drifted just above the knees, and a yellow ribbon in her hair to match, keeping it back in a pony tail with 2 select strands framing her elegant features.
She raised both eyebrows, just standing there and staring at the two as she felt her jaw drop.
“You and...James...?” Raven trailed off when Lily nodded, before squealing, dropping her bags, and jumping off the train and embracing the two.
“Cute!” was the only word that came from her as she squeezed the two tightly.
After a few moments, James gently unlatched Raven from them, and she stood there, tilting her head with her hands on her hips.
“Why, this is quite the Kodak moment.” A voice came from behind Raven, drenched in sarcasm.
She blinked, turned, and quirked an eyebrow.
“Severus.” Raven said with a small nod. She knew Severus hated his first name.
“Cartson.” A young man, fairly handsome in that dark kind of way, nodded his head towards Raven in a small greeting.
He had greasy black hair that drifted to hang just above his shoulders. He was clad in black robes with a green and white scarf. The black, in Raven's own personal opinion, didn't really help his complexion.
Everyone went silent as Snape's cold gaze swept over everyone, then rested back on Raven.
“You might not want to squeal again, Raven.” He spoke in a cold voice, “The butchers might come by looking for you. Claimed a pig escaped from the slaughter house.”
She felt Sirius move forwards, but placed a gentle hand on his arm and stopped him. Raven and Snape just stared at each other for a moment, before she yawned.
“Keep your insults to yourself, Snape. I can imagine you've been thinking of that one over the summer, might not want to waste it at the beginning of the year, love. Cause then that would mean I'll have to wait till the end of this year to hear another stupid insult that i can imagine you sat up in bed every night trying to think of.” She spoke in a cool, mocking voice with a taunting smirk. Raven walked forwards, the others following, before Snape moved in front of her. Blocking her path.
They both stood at least 2 inches from one another's face. Raven closed her eyes a little, before tilting her head.
“Move, Snape.”
“No.”
“Don't make me polish something with that oily head of yours.”
“I would like to see you try.”
Silence hung between them, both staring at each other in a bit of a staring contest, when finally, Raven shoved him backwards; knocking him against the wall opposite to the entrance.
He let out a small gasp as the air was knocked out of him, and he stared at her. His eyes seemed to flare with loathing, but she simply glared at him.
“Don't get in my way, Severus.” Raven hissed before walking past him, collecting her bags as she walked.
Sirius looked after her, quirking an eyebrow. The others followed behind at a slow pace.
“Ever seen her mad before?” Sirius muttered to James as they watched her disappear into a cabin.
“No. And i don't think i want to.” James said in a small voice.
“I've seen her mad.”
Everyone turned to see Remus, crossing his arms and staring at James and Sirius.
“'Ello Remus.” James said in a cheerful voice.
“James. Sirius. Lily.” Remus nodded a little to each of them in greetings.
“So, as you were saying?” James paused, everyone halted, and turned to look at Remus.
“You don't remember? We've all seen her mad before.”
“Uhm...No. I don't. Which year?”
“It was the year her Mother and Father died.” Remus spoke in a sad voice, frowning.
Everyone went silent.
“2nd year...” Sirius concluded, sighing, “I remember now.”
“Yes...She vowed to go out and kill whoever killed her parents...”
“I remember.” Lily sighed, when finally Raven's voice made everyone jump.
“When your all done remembering the year my parents died, I wouldn't mind some company in the cabin.”
Sirius turned to her and gave her a charming smile and nodded, “Coming, Raven.”
Raven attempted a smile, but failed miserably and turned, entering the cabin once again.
The others joined her.
Everyone sat in an uncomfortable silence, before she spoke.
“I heard you guys talking...You know...I only said that cause i was upset...If i was ever dreadfully mad at one of you, keep in mind i would never hurt any of you...”
Remus looked over at her and smiled, “We know.”
Raven nodded a little, before turning your gaze on the window as the train started to move.
“Can't wait to get home.” She muttered, before resting her head on the window.