Fan Fiction ❯ Mumbo Jumbo ❯ The End, or the Part We Already Knew About ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This here fic is mostly made of conjecture on my part, and doesn't need to be taken seriously to be enjoyed. I'm also doing it for a friend, who was always wondering why does Mumbo do what he does? So enjoy, and remember, I don't own any of these characters. And yeah, I did just copy and paste this thing. Also, thanks to JebusOfNazareth for proofing this part for me.
 
 
 
It was the next day when Mumbo reappeared, this time pausing to let the sun wash down over him before he strolled into the jewel store, wand in one hand, and a deck of cards in the other.
 
At first there was a large crowd, and he started doing a few simple tricks, getting a few smatterings of applause. Then he started cutting the deck of cards, shuffling them, then finally pointed them at the security guards, and sent them flying, and on contact they exploded, knocking everyone down.

He set out laughing, waving his wand, all the cases breaking their contents flying up into the air swirling about; creating little figures in the air before breaking apart. Those fell into his hands, where they promptly disappeared with a simple upward toss. “You know, this would really be more fun if I had a better audience….” He lamented, before twirling his wand and saying “Hocus Pocus!”
 
This resulted in the head of the store, who had just come out to see the commotion, to be suspended upside down over the counter where the cash register was. “There we go!” he clapped softly, doing a little bow. Out of the corner of his eye he saw one of the clerks going for the silent alarm, stopping him short with a wave of his wand. “Ah ah ah….Not just yet….” He grinned, turning to look at the still-intact display cases.
 
The manager watched nervously, before Mumbo finally spoke after picking a few things up, a grin still on his face, his small pointed mustache flicking a little.
 
“Thanks so much…you've been a wonderful audience. Now watch as the amazing Mumbo vanishes into thin air! Mumbo Jumbo!” And with a wave of his wand, a little hope, and a flash of light and dark smoke, and he was gone.
 
 
*****
 

Meanwhile, an alarm had been sent out, passing through several relays before finally reaching their destinations…the Teen Titans' communicators. At the time, the Titans had been off picnicking, but dropped everything, including for one Titan something that shouldn't have been, and went running.
 
 
*****
 
 
Mumbo was running at top speed, his legs like animated whirlwinds as he ran towards a junkyard he knew well from his younger days, and skidded to a halt after a few moments, poofing one of the larger gems into his hands and inspecting it with an appraiser's magnifier. “Not bad for a matinee…”
 
Then it happened…the moment that would define his criminal career….
 
“Show's over, Mumbo!!” came a commanding voice that caused him to make a silly face and turn around. “Now hand over the jewels before the critics decide to trash your performance.”
 
“Now, Robin, I'm sure there's a peaceful solution here…but this isn't it!” He started throwing bombs, a grin on his face.
 
The rest, as they say, is history.
 
 
~Finish.~