Fan Fiction ❯ NHS - Ninpocho High School ❯ Chapter 1- Fresh new start ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ninpocho High school

 

Chapter 1

 

The air was filled with the scent of gasoline and new book bags. About five buses circled a small high school campus with a bundle of children waiting anxiously for their first day of school. As soon as the bus doors slid tot he side a stream of laughter and tells entered the school buildings. Firs the large 3 floor faded ivory building with large tinted glass windows represented the main building. Behind it stood a smaller version though the building was painted a burgundy color unlike the main building. It also had three windows, two large rectangular glass sheets represented windows at the front then one smaller cottage like window in the back.

 

Inside the main building a certain girl walked in circles trying to spot her best friends. One of them was a 18 year old senior with a knack of schemes, plots and the power to manipulate others on will. He stood a tall 6"2 with a deep set of brown eyes while covered in a layer of sun kissed skin. The other being she searched for was a literature prodigy, only 12 and managed to enter high school due to her advanced writing level. Her words could express anything so precise that touching it, feeling it, even tasting it was possible. She stood a nice 5"5 with a set of almond shaped brown eyes.

 

Stephanie found herself walking around for half an hour so she got fed up and headed to her class. When she walked up to the door placing her hand on the cold handle she deiced to peek first, being the first one in class was an insult to her pride. Her eyes widened with delight finding staven sitting down in the back staring out the window. "Staven!" She called out while hopping over a desk, then tripping on it, and then getting her balance back together. "Staven?" she repeated since he didn't make any movements, he just sat still gazing out the window ignoring everything around him. It seemed something outside had trapped his mind sending him into a deep trance. Stephanie raised an eyebrow wondering what he was thinking about, curious she reached her hand out to poke his face. Normally he would catch her before her hand even reached through the air half way, though this time she was able to feel his skin on her finger tips. Taking advantage she pressed on his face making Staven wake up from what ever dream world he ran off to.

 

"huh.." Staven slapped Stephanie's hand back to herself while raising his eyebrow. "What were you doing Luna?" He asked with a serious face though Stephanie just shrugged sinking down into her arms. "You looked possessed so I wanted to poke you" He let out a chuckle then glanced back out the window. Feeling Stephanie's eyes burning on his shoulder he looked back at her with an awkward look, Stephanie's curiosity ate her so she returned the look. " what's out there?" She stood up and hoped over a desk then pressed her face against the glass 'I don't see anything..' Disappointed she hoped back to her seat hunching over a bit towards Staven.

 

"Psst ...I found something really cool over the summer break!" Holding in some squeals she was able to capture Staven's attention. "Go on" He responded. Stephanie took a deep breath and continued "Well, when I was spending the week over my aunts house.. I had to since my parents went to Florida without me! Assholes …but anyways back to the story." she took a break and looked into her book bag. Stephanie slipped a plastic bottle containing Pepsi and a small amount of Vodka, taking some sips. She gestured Staven if he wanted some but he just shook his head. "Ahh ...that was banging, anyways I was talking to my aunt about this school and how beat up it is. She was telling me some stories that didn't fit like one of her and her friends skipping school in the basement of the second building. I was like Say what?! There is no basement in the second building, but she kept telling me there is or was. She bragged about how she found her first love there too ...that was odd but she's odd so it fits, anyways I asked her how do you get to that basement and she said that there should be a manhole between the two buildings though she assumes they sealed it out because of a murder that happened. I tried to get it out of her....but she just got moody and walked away."

 

Stephanie's mouth felt dry after that long story so she took a large gulp of her unique mix. Staven chuckled next to her mumbling something that sounded like "Dam drug attic ...that was good Pepsi" She turned to him a little confused "huh?" She asked though staven saved with replying "Nothing just saying the place sounds cool" She nodded then hid her drink spotting their teacher. He seemed like a man you would find in a 'Wanted child molester poster'. The letters HARUNO SOUKOSHI were carved into his suit case then he wrote it on the board along with CALCULUS IS REALLY HARD SO SIT DOWN. The way Staven eyed the professor gave the vive of 'I wanna rip you apart' making Stephanie laugh.

 

"I think I saw his name in the sheriffs office.. If I'm not mistaken he's a offended child molester." Stephanie burst out laughing though staven's eyes widened thinking 'What the fuck?!' She caught his look then started to fan him "No, no, no, no! I'm kidding" He turned away from the teacher and buried his head inside his arms falling asleep. 'Guess he didn't sleep..' She slid on her desk staring into space then felt a cold chill run down her spine then eyes burning beside her. Quickly Stephanie turned her head towards the direction the eyes came from, the only thing she saw was an empty campus out the window though something didn't seem right or normal.

 

She turned away from the window and curled up in her arms closing her eyes. Soon Stephanie began dreaming, the atmosphere was a bit grey and old. The long tunnel she found herself in seemed to go forever and those two other bodies that had accompanied her disappeared. ~Boom!~ A loud bang woke Stephanie making her gasp for air, it also woke Staven up though he just lifted his head with an annoyed look. "What were you both doing?!" Cried out the teacher holding his plan book. "Just tired, calm down man" She replied "Calm down?!" As Mr. Soukoshi rambled on about how important it is to stay awake the loud ringing shut him up. "See you tomorrow Mr." she said running past him and out into the hall way. "What an ass"

 

Escaping the teachers clutches she waited for Staven to walk out of class. She glanced at her watch and her schedule "2nd block...what the fuck?! The other building! I wont make it in time"

Finally catching staven she whispered "If you see Tamashi tell her ok?" "Alright Luna" He replied with a yawn. She ran down the stairs pushing some bodies out of her way then running across the campus to the other building. Her ears perked hearing the late bell making her run faster than before, Stephanie threw herself into her class crashing into another student. "Aw man, my bad" She said trying to get herself up.

 

Each of them went through the daily morning blocks, then rejoiced while hearing the school bell. Stephanie was the first out of her room, she couldn't wait to see Tamashi. Slipping her hand into her pocket Stephanie started to dial Tamashi's phone pressing her ear to the tiny phone. "Hello?" Cynthia said a little muffled "I'll meet you guys by Chicken King in a little bit" Stephanie was a bit worried, shrugging she spotted staven walking past some freshmen. "Steven!! STAVEN!" She yelled, her loud cries were able to get his attention. To eager to wait for him to come to her she ran towards him grabbing his arm, she pulled him across the street then began walking to the Chicken King.

 

When Staven and Stephanie arrived there Tamashi was already visible. She had her back against the giant glass window biting her fingers while bopping her head to some death metal which was clearly heard. Stephanie walked to her and slipped Cynthia's head phones of her ears "What's up?" she said with a kool-aid smile spreading from each end of her face. "Lets eat something first ok?" Staven and Stephanie blinked a bit confused only shrugging then walking inside. Their noses tingled a bit sniffing the scent of friend chicken and a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.

 

"Let's get on line ...I'm hungry" Staven insisted "Alright Steven, I'm soo hungry" She agreed. All three of them pushed their way up to the counter and order what their stomach's desired. After being seated Stephanie began talking with a mouth full. "So wa was fup, fwy wgere yoo magd" She forced out while trying to swallow a tough strip. Both Steven and Tamashi glanced at her holding their laughter. "Uh... swallow that Luna, I got into a fight today ...that's why I ain't in the best mood" she said while rubbing a cut right above her lip.

 

Stephanie forced some Snapple down her throat with her eyes wide open. "WHO DID YOU FIGHT?!?!!?" Tamashi leaned back extending her hand out to Stephanie's face "Chill Luna, want the entire world to know?" She huffed turning her head towards the wall. She leaned herself on it while playing with her food. "I have an asshole in my advanced English class...He had the nerve to tell me to shut the fuck up..so heh. Like me Cynthia would be smacked down by anybody ...well he had it coming so I slapped him across the face, but oh noes. It did not stop there that nigga had the nerve to touch my face. He slapped me back and I just got my upper lip pierced so I started to bleed a little bit." She sighed and started to take a few bites out of her mashed potatoes Stephanie took her cue and interrupted. "So he hit you?! what kind of man is that ...asshole ...Want me to deal with him" Tamshi shook her head then swallowed her food and continued "Ha...I remember that time we were jumped and you took the boy and twisted his balls, well I took a cue from you but I used my wrist spikes as well" She said with a devilish smile spreading across her face. "He cried" Staven started to laugh mumbling something that sounded like "Pussy"

 

Tamashi laughed a bit popping her piercing back on. The first bell was heard from the Chicken king so the swarm of students inside headed back to the building, among that swarm Cynthia, Steven and Stephanie slipped back into school. The first stop was at Tamashi's locker, inside hung a life size poster of Joel exposing his chest area with a devilish grin. Stephanie gazed into it for a while only to be snapped back by staven's poking "Are you done drooling?" She blushed a bit "Uh ...maybe" She threw her jacket in then headed towards Steven's locker and he did the same. Then they reached Stephanie's locker "Uh guys, don't say anything ok?" They nodded their heads and she opened her locker only slightly but it was enough to see the bag's of haze (weed) and a few knifes.

 

"What the fuck are you thinking Luna?" Was staven's reflex as soon as he saw the marijuana, Tamashi's eyes were locked on the bags of Haze "You're sharing right Luna babeh" They couldn't help but laugh though staven shook his head "If you get in deep shit, I told you so" He mumbled "Pshh.. I ain't gonna get in no shit, I'm invincible like that" He shrugged then tamashi repeated what he did. Stephanie locked her locker good then led them down the hall way, "I got keyboarding (Musical) next and that's downstairs how about you guys?" They each took their schedules glancing at them "I have Choir next" Said tamashi scanning down to the room "Hey that's in the same room as you!" Stephanie chuckled "Cheap as school cant get separate rooms for the music department ...how about you Stavy" He shuddered at her sweet talk "I have band now, that's in the same room as you guys ...who would have thought that we would--" Stephanie and Tamashi cut him up jumping up and down screaming "We have a class all together!!"

 

As unbelievable that was it was the best thing that had happened to them all day so they could chat about this `tunnel'. As they reached the dented iron door a frizzy hair professor sang `Oh say can you see' one of the kids was out of tune and really noticeable tamashi stood still trying to slip out of the door, staven looked at her then pulled her in and pushed her towards the choir. She stuck her hands in her pocket and sang so low you would think she was lip singing. Both staven and Luna left to their sections of class, Luna quickly ran to a keyboard and played `Fur Elise ' staven sat taking his instrument and practicing a bit.

 

As they each played their part a strange looking man walked in the door. He was a good 6 feet tall with a long go tee. The death metal jacket that hung over his shoulder had a few rips, and uneven sown up patches. He looked around the room throwing his stuff by the door "I just entered you no good kids in a talent show for Christmas. All of you will be acting, all of you will be doing your part right and if don't you will be cut out of the music programs… Now…someone get me my jacket" He scratched his chin pulling out a blonde hair and pointing towards Staven. "uh oh…" Luna mumbled, she stood up at ran for the door grabbing the jacket and handing it to the man. "You should have more respect for us…its because of us you get paid" `Bow down to me bitch' she thought.

 

The man grinned placing his rough hand on her skin, running his fingers to her chin. "You should watch your tongue little missy" Luna returned the grin and took his hand of her shoulders mumbling `Dirty bastard' while heading to the keyboard. The frizzy haired teacher walked over to Luna placing his hand on her shoulder "You shouldn't have spoken to Mashier like that, he's a very scary person." Staven hearing this laughed "So am I" Luna laughed hearing staven say that "I'm not scared of anyone Mr. Zee" He nodded rubbing his hands together "Yes I know, but he usually takes it out on…oh well its not important, please continue pl-playing" He walked back to the choir section patting Tamashi on her head chanting "You sing beautiful! Now lets hear it louder" Her eyebrow twitched `Who does he think he is?' she thought, annoyed Tamashi took a deep breathe singing "You and me baby, aint nothing but mammals so lets do it like they do in the discovery channel, come on now.." she continued making everyone in the room burst out laughing and turn into raging horny animals humping everything in sight.

 

Everyone had taken either their instrument or chair and banged it against their crotch except staven who was nearly on the floor laughing. Mr. Zee started to go crazy yelling "Stop this madness!" Though his yells were drowned by the 123 students laughing into tears. Holding his head in his hands he let out a feminine screech causing all the students to stop their laughter and cover their ears. "Enough! Go back to your seats and Cynthia I'll see you after class" He left the room stomping his shiny shoes leaving the class to chant "ooooooooooohhhhhhhh" She sighed, and jumped on some desk's reaching a barred window. Lunna followed banging on the wire "What do they think? Are we animals of some sort" she took out a bowie knife scraping some of the spikes off "you ok" Cynthia chuckled "Yea like that would get me, I'm just thinking of a comeback for him" Lunna laughed "Aight I cant get this spike out maybe if I just…" She leaned in biting the spike which had no effect just a cut lip. "Dam…"

 

"Miss Stephanie, what may I ask are you doing?" Mr. Zee had popped up out of no where, his face was still beet red from the commotion. "Don't worry about it" Lunna jumped of the window sill and walked back to her keyboard wiping the blood of her lip. "Well, Ms. Stephanie that's pretty dangerous not to mention gross… I suggest you head on to the nurse before that becomes an infection" Lunna raised her eye brow holding back some laughter "Aight " Grabbing her book bag she walked past the metal doors and headed upstairs to the nurse's office.

 

Inside the dim lit room rested thousands of greatest medical student trophies and medals. A little creeped out Lunna whispered "is anyone here?" Knowing no one will hear her she attempted to slip out but the green headed nurse took her arm. "Where do you think you're going? Look at that lip oh my gosh what happened?" Her eyes were so beautiful, a light shade of green complimenting her green dyed hair. She leaned forward taking an alcohol wiping the dried of blood. "I uh… had an accident" Mrs. Shinrai wasn't buying it, though she had a complete wrong idea. "I've seen how kids these days listen to depressive music…and if hurting yourself is the only way out… I can help you…we can help you…" Stephanie tried not to laugh "Um.. I am not hurting myself...Its just that" she started to laugh "I'm sorry, uh I was trying to bite something of when it cut me" Mrs. Shinrai shook her head "Now, now…lies are not appreciated.

 

Stephanie opened her mouth to speak when she was interrupted by their principal. "Good after noon students, welcome to a new year. I'm just reminding you that the after school sports and activities sign up start today at the gymtorium. Have a nice day to both students and staff from Mr. Ryoma and your vice principal Mr. Maze. "Oh! Isn't that so sweet of them, we are truly lucky to have such a hard working pair" Giggled Mrs. Shinrai "um.. If you don't mind… I'll go back to class, so see ya" Running as fast as she could Stephanie ran back downstairs to the music room. Everyone tugged on their book bags and stomped on the floor ready to leave. Mr. Zee smiled at Stephanie trying to create a good atmosphere. She glanced at her watch then shook it a bit `shit I just got this last week!' annoyed Lunna threw her book bag over her shoulder and walked towards the door, tugging on Staven's and Tamashi's jackets. "only one more class and then we walk home… Finally." Both Staven and Tamashi exchanged odd looks and shrugged "Okay…" replied tamashi staring at her a bit.

 

The bell finally rung and all the students pushed their way into the hallway, still not in a good mood Lunna pulled Tamashi and staven to the side. "What are your next classes" She said in a moody tone. "Um, I have gym now." Tamashi glanced at her watch and ran up the stairs yelling out "I'll see you guys after school" Both Staven and Lunna nodded then Lunna looked at staven with a `I need weed look' "What class do you have now?" He turned his eyes away and mumbled "I have U.S history AP" He glanced at her then continued to walk up the stairs `maybe she needs to smoke that pile she has in her locker' he thought almost bumping into another student. Though the boy just repeated `sorry' and continued to walk. Lunna pressed her back against the wall looking down at her schedule "…Shit… Anatomy and Physiology with Mrs. Shinrai. Dam it why.. ugh no sense in just standing here I guess" She took her book bag and headed to the small room right next to the nurse's office.

 

The last period went by pretty quickly, the rain clouds began to fly closer and closer until their tears drowned the area. " Shit I don't have a car.. Wait! Staven does, I'll just ask him for a ride" Sighing Lunna ran around looking for staven and Tamashi, her straight hair became curly by the rain `NOOO I SPENT 2 HOURS STRAIGHTNING MY HAIR' Bummed out Lunna walked around once more but she still didn't find them "STEVEN, CYNTHIA WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU" She screamed into the humid air "God, can you yell out any louder" Responded Staven "Staven!" She yelled running towards his car and jumping in. She looked at Tamashi already inside the car, but she looked a bit more frustrated than before. "What's up kiddo?" She sighed, putting her head against the window. "Remember that bastard that I fought this morning? Well, his `favorite teacher' teaches gym and she found out about it and treated me like shit!" Tamashi pulled her hood over mumbling "I don't want to talk just leave me alone"

 

Lunna looked at staven through the rear view mirror, but he shrugged as well. Lunna laid back looking up at the ceiling, bored along the ride home she looked out the window. Watching each tree turn into a blur as they drove in the dam weather `what the' A small black beetle car advanced on them. The man signaled staven to roll down his windows, being patient staven did so. "what is it?" he called out. The man rolled down his window, he was wearing a ski mask and held out a paint ball gun. Staven pressed on the gas hard and sped up the highway, but the man did too. "Shit what the fuck was that?!" Lunna kneeled on the seat trying to get a glimpse of the man's car "ugly as beetle, we should crush it" Staven re adjusted his mirror and hit the gas even harder, now going up to a good 100 on a curved road. They all felt the car being raised when he passed a patter of curves, Tamashi lifted her head up with a `wtf is going on look in her face' Staven was still looking on the road, going as fast as he could without putting their lives in danger, though the man still followed. "You know what" Lunna wiped out a few shuriken, and handed half of her pack to Tamashi "Lets have some fun?" She finally smiled, rolling down the windows and sticking their heads out.

 

Each of them was now soaked, holding the small star shaped metal. "On three! .. THREE!" They each shot the stars with ultimate force cracking the man's windshield a bit, from the entire excitement Lunna almost fell out. Getting the rest of her torso soaked. "Ugh.. oh well we got him! Woo that was fun, huh staven." He smirked "Fun for you guys" Tamashi and Lunna sighed of relief then a Bloop sound made them jump. When they looked behind them a large blop of blue paint was sliding down the back window. "Shit that was all my shurikens" Staven laughed "I know how to loose him" Stepping on the gas he reached 125 mph on the highway then cut of on a hill heading up at a immense speed then shooting back down like a hawk. All of them felt their bodies lifted from their seats along with the car itself. Landing with a big thunk the reached the bottom and sped down some open land. "I think we lost him dude" Tamashi called out though staven wasn't slowing down, the smile on his face clearly showed this was the best of times he's had in a while. "lets enjoy the roller coaster for a while" Lunna Joked. Tamashi didn't mind, his insane driving made them all feel a little better.

 

The first stop was tamashi's house and it was up a hill with hundreds of trees. Staven drove zig zaging through them nearly smashing his car into various maples. When he stopped the car slid a bit because of the mud, Tamashi jumped out holding her book bag in her hand. "See ya'll tomorrow! And online" They waved then Lunna remembered to tell Tamashi about researching the tunnel. `I'll tell her online' She thought looking at the immense blur of tree's and houses. The sudden stop sending her into the passenger seat indicated that she was home "Thanks for the ride" She patted him on the back before she jumped out of the car "Drive safe?" He laughed and sped up the road to his home. Each of them did their business then headed to their computers. Lunna IMed Tamashi to gather some information so she tried along with Staven and Lunna. The night passed by fast, too fast it seemed that they just logged online to chat when the night sky turned as black as it could and each light around town was dimmed or shut off. `Good Night guys' She typed then turned of her monitor and slipped into the bathroom. Thinking about nothing but the tunnel `it would be soo cool in there' She kept on thinking over and over, this took a toll on her in bed. She tossed and turned in bed trying to get a good night's sleep. Eventually she drifted about in her dream world of adventures and fights, only to work harder so in reality she would have the same adventures she does in her dreams