Fan Fiction ❯ Objective Legend: The Unknown ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vincent continued to look for the evidence he needed of the possible attack, if not, the weapon used. Soon enough, Litta began to help him search, letting Axel continue what he was doing. The more they searched, the more Axel tried to wake Danie up, and the more they waited for Cloud's return. “Come on, Danie! Wake up!” Axel continued, occasionally giving a soft shake. “Dammit! Fucking wake up already!”
Litta said nothing, though she wanted to tell Axel to lay off Danie, since she knew that the girl wouldn't wake up anytime soon. Instead, she began to move some furniture, and soon found something lying underneath a chair. A knife. Litta quickly caught Vincent's attention. As he strolled over, the girl picked it up from the floor by the handle, and handed it to him. He examined it cautiously.
“It's something worth looking over,” Vincent replied shortly after, which automatically caught Axel's attention.
“What is it?” Axel asked, facing Vincent.
Vincent allowed the knife to come into view. Turning it around slowly, he continued to examine it the best he could.
“So, how does that make her seem sick?” Litta finally asked out of curiosity.
No answer was given. Vincent sat down next to the desk where the lamp was set on, and looked closely at the side of the blade. At a certain angle, he was able to see a clear liquid coat the edge of it. “Poison,” Vincent answered after a few minutes in silence.
“WHAT!?” screeched both Litta and Axel. Both froze in shock, but quickly regained control once Cloud came in with Materia in hand.
“So poison is the cause…thought it might have been,” Cloud spoke.
“God damn it, Cloud!” Axel demanded, “Don't just stand there then! What Materia do we fucking use?!”
“Best bet would be Esuna for the poison, and Cure for the wound.”
Cloud tossed the needed Materia to Axel shortly after. It took Axel a while to tell which Materia did what, but eventually he healed the wound and got rid of the poison in Danie's body. In place of the wound, a medium red mark with a small slit was left. Cloud and Vincent were the first to leave the room. Litta stayed around with Axel while he sat down next to the bed on the floor.
“You leaving?” he asked Litta eventually.
“Probably not until either you leave or until she wakes up,” she answered, almost mumbling. She made her way to the table on the other side of the room, which wasn't very far from where Axel stand anyways.
“I have a question to ask you,” Axel calmly, yet sternly, remarked. “Since you know more about her than I, do you have an idea why she could have done this?”
“What makes you say she did it?” Litta questioned back. “Couldn't someone have came onto the ship and have done it?”
“Yes…however, it was recently…and, one, the security would have picked up the person…or, two, me and or you would have seen this person…”
“True, true.”
“So…the answer?” he asked again, making eye contact.
“I don't know…possibly cause she's too stressed or something…” she answered. Getting up Litta turned to Axel and finished, “You know what, I'm gonna go…Hopefully Cloud hasn't spilled out what just happened. But just to make sure.”
“You do that then,” Axel agreed. He watched as Litta left, before he decided to sit where she was and relaxed his head on the table, waiting for Danie to wake up. The more he waited, the darker the room became. Eventually, he turned on the lamp and grabbed a book to read.
The sun just about disappeared over the horizon when Danie actually began to stir. Opening her eyes, she turned over to see the time, oblivious to the fact that Axel was there. Before long, she sat up and stretched. Soon enough, her right hand touched where she was cut and she stopped. She could feel a slight dent there as she ran her fingers across. Someone had to have healed her. And that was when she felt a presence.
“You came after me why?” she eventually asked in a stern voice.
“You cut yourself why?” Axel retaliated back, more stern then she was. Danie didn't answer. She didn't even know how to answer a question like that. She just sat there and stared at Axel. “What the hell made you think like that and allow you to scoop to that level? Danie, I thought you stopped!”
“Listen Axel!” she raised her voice, “You know nothing of what I've been through! Just leave me the hell alone!”
Danie stood up and started to storm off. Axel, however, got up and stopped her. He turned the girl around and shoved her back, away from the door. “You aren't leaving until you tell me why you tried to kill yourself and promise to stop!”
“I don't have to tell you shit,” Danie sneered back. She grabbed a small gun under the bed at the corner and aimed it at Axel. He answered back by grabbing his gun and aiming at her. He didn't intend to hurt her, just to get her to drop her weapon. “Go away or I'll shoot.”
“You wouldn't, Danie.”
“Aye, I would and I will if you don't move your ass right now.”
“No,” was all that came from Axel.
“Dammit move!”
As Danie gave more of her attention to Axel's hand with the gun, he managed to grab hers out of her hand and aim both at her. After about a minute in silence, Axel tossed the guns out into the hall and shut the door, continuing to face Danie. “Danie, listen. It doesn't need to be this way!”
“Then stay out of my life!” Danie ran toward the door and ducked under Axel's reach in time. Nevertheless, before she can reach the handle, Axel had regained his control of the battle and restrained the girl against him. “Let go!”
“Then stop and think for once!” Axel demanded, holding her tightly so she couldn't struggle free. The more she struggled, the more he tightened his grip. “Listen…” he started softly, “…what makes it right for you to die?…what reason do you have just to kill yourself?…stop taking everything so hard onto yourself! We're here to help you……Why can't you see that?! Let us help you. Don't think everything is your fault….Ever!” Danie started to stop moving and stood still.
“It's easier to run…I know…” Axel finished.
“I don't want to face the pain anymore…I don't want to face anything alone anymore…I'm so helpless in most of the times…I don't know what to do anymore!” Danie answered in a soft mumble. Axel loosened his grip on Danie and let her go. Both just stood there for a while, until Axel replied, “It's ok. I'm here for you…”
“You're just saying that be-” Danie started, but Axel interrupted soon after.
“No, I'm not! We don't you take in what we are telling you, Danie?!” His voice grew softer as he continued, “Seriously, we all care about you. And each other. Trust me when I'm saying that I am here for you. Alright?”
“You don't know how hard it is for me to trust someone…”
“Then try with me…please…”
Axel watched Danie as she sat back down on the bed with her head hung low as she looked at the floor. She was almost in tears from thoughts that ran through her head, and the other teen knew that she was from looking at her. He stood there for awhile, before he sat down next to her. “You ok?” Axel finally asked. The only reply given, was a negative, soft no. By this time, Danie was in tears, and Axel decided to comfort her by embracing her in a small hug. She replied in the same way, burying her head against his chest.
Both remained silent as time continued to pass by. After about ten minutes, Axel asked again, “Feelin' better now?” Danie had stopped crying at this point and she nod her head. She sat up and let go of Axel, while he just slowly did the same. “I want you to know…you can tell me anything and talk to me anytime, ok? I'm always here for you, and I'm willing to help you as well.” She nodded again. “Now get a happier face on and lets get back down to the Rec Room.”
Danie just stared at him, cuing Axel that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. He sighed as he looked down. “You must make me force you, don't you?” No answer, but a clueless Danie continued to look at him. A sly grin came across his face and that was when Danie realize she needed to run. She went to get up, but not before Axel had tackled her back down. “Ah, no, you're gonna smile…” He paused for a minute before he began to tickle her.
After he got his wish on her to smile, he stopped and let her calm down. He knew he had gotten on Danie's nerves when he tickled her, so he immediately took off when she stopped laughing. “Hey get back here damn it!” Danie called after him as she got up and followed.
The two eventually reached the Rec Room's door, when Axel turned to face Danie to tell her something. As he was about to speak, Litta came up behind Danie and walked up to Axel. She managed to lure Axel away for a moment to tell him, “None of the people in there, besides Cloud and Vincent, knows what happened with her. So don't bring it up.” With that she left, and Axel stopped Danie from entering the room.
“Wait,” he started, “Don't bring up what happened earlier. If they ask what you were doing, say you were sleeping, or something.”
“Ok….I wasn't going to anyways,” Danie answered back before they both walked in.
“Hey, there's two of them,” Kai remarked as he looked over. He motioned them to come over to sit down with the rest of the group. “Litta will be back shortly, she had to go jot something down really quick.”
“She told us, we caught her on the way out,” Axel replied. He and Danie walked over to the table and sat down. Danie yawned to make the others think that she just woke up from a little nap. To her luck, they didn't bring up anything about where she was at.
“…where do we go when we just don't know and how do we relight the flame when it's gone…” Danie began to softly sing under her breath a random tune that popped in her head.
“Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing, and when will we learn to control…” Kai continued where Danie left off. He then decided to start a subject for talking, “I say we start singing again, it's rather quiet right now.”
“And exactly what will we sing?” Athrin asked shortly after.
Kai pointed to Danie and suggested, “Hey, she knows `Serenity' from Godsmack, I say we sing that. And she can join in with us.” He smiled.
“Uh, no, I'm not singing right now,” Danie opposed. “Axel can take that part!”
“Say what?! I'm not gonna go sing right now either, er…Phoenix you do it!”
“Hell no! Have Felix do it.”
“Count me out…” Right then Litta walked into the room and Felix blurred out, “Litta will though!”
“Huh? Do what?” she replied, confused.
“Sing `Serenity',” both Kai and Axel replied together.
“No,” she answered sternly.
“Angel?” Kai asked.
“Nope…Shade you do it.”
“What the hell? I can't sing! Danie can, she's better at it.”
“Fuck you, I ain't singin!”
“Alright!” Athrin interrupted the argument, “Then we won't sing, since everyone is just arguing about it.” With that, everyone sighed in relief. “Geesus!”
While everyone was calming down from the argument, Cid came storming in the room. The first place he went was to the table where Vincent and the others were at. After a few minutes of blowing off anger in news, he finally came to the table with the teens. He didn't look to happy, nor did he sound like it.
“Ok, apparently you kids need to stop Rufus before he goes to the sunken ship down by Costa Del Sol. If he gets there and isn't careful, Weapon will go crazy and decide to destroy every damn fucking thing in sight. Or he can get his hands on the Ultima Materia located there. Either way it isn't a damn good thing. Therefore you asses need to get down there and get the damn Materia before he does,” Cid instructed.
“Wait a minute…does Rufus know about the Weapon?” Kai asked.
“I hope to hell he does,” Cid replied harshly, then left the room. The kids just looked at him as he left, remaining silent.
 
A few minutes passed before Vincent approached them. “I would get moving if I were you.” The kids agreed as they got up. They single filed out of the room, Athrin leading them to the deck. Axel was the first to speak eventually, “So this Weapon is Emerald, correct?”
“Yes, Axel, don't you pay attention to the games?” Kai retaliated.
“I play the game enough times to at least attain everything, and yes, I do know all the damn Weapons, I was just making sure I was on the right track!”
The teens scattered among the deck as they waited for Cid to land the ship near Junon's harbor. Danie and Litta remained to themselves, away from the guys. The guys were in a group clear across the deck. Staying in their groups, not much was discussed.
“So where exactly are we going?” Litta asked Danie after awhile in silence.
“Do you remember the ship that was underwater near Costa Del Sol?” Danie reasked.
“You mean, we are diving?!” Litta became shocked.
“No, we're going to take a submarine down there. But it will be wise to know how to swim and to bring our weapons, in case we have to fight Emerald.”
“You know it is impossible to beat that thing, right?”
“Yes, but we might have to fight it so some of you can reach the ship and stop Rufus, or get the Materia.”
“This will be fun…”
“Aye.”
 
“Since when does Cid boss us the hell around?” Axel remarked harshly.
“Since he is in charge of the ship,” Athrin sneered back. “And yes, we must get this Materia before Rufus does.”
“God damn it!”
“Axel, calm down,” Angel came in, “You really need to cool it.”
“I would have to agree,” Kai approved, “You've been going a little crazy since this whole incident started.”
“Ah, shut the hell up,” Axel snapped back.
 
The ship eventually landed near a small town. They waited for the rest of Cid's instructions before they grabbed their weapons and departed the ship. The teens regrouped once they reached the sub floating next to the dock about a mile from where they where dropped off at.
It wasn't long before each of them entered the sub and got organized. Danie, Kai, Axel, and Angel were in charge of the sub's weaponry, while the rest maintained the ship, and Athrin was designated to drive.