Fan Fiction ❯ Ocarina of Time ❯ Nightmares... ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Link looked out in what to him, appeared to be a gigantic forest clearing. It was dark and stormy out, so he wasn't sure why he was still outside. There was a large stone building in front of him. Without warning, a board of wood came down from the building. When he tried to go across, something ran away from the building. It was a strange white animal, with two riders, a girl and a woman. The girl looked as if she was trying to say something to Link, but the white creature moved far too fast. Soon, they were out of sight. A loud snort from behind him caught his attention. When he turned, there was a creature like the last one, except black with blazing red eyes. The rider was dark with red hair and an evil gaze. Now, what happened appeared in small scenes. One showed the man talking, but Link couldn't hear the words. Another showed the man lift his hand and create an energy ball at his fingertips. Next, there was a scene of Link being shot back by the ball, which exploded on contact. He felt strange painful sensations running across his body. The last showed Link on his back as the dark rider rode off. Though he didn't pay attention to it, a small faerie was following him the whole time.

Suddenly, Link stood upright in his bed, his face covered in sweat. This was the 3rd time this nightmare had come up and it was scaring him, badly. This was the farthest into the nightmare he had seen so far. He waited a bit, spending some time by making a Great Deku Tree carving he was making out of Deku Nut shells. Then, he went back to sleep, braving the horrid nightmare that plagued his sleep once more. The storm became worse and worse as time passed on. The increasingly bad storm also affected the storm in the dream. Link was determined to understand the dream though, so he went through the dream again, but this time, he couldn't wake up, unlike usual, where he just woke up after the last scene of his dream.