Fan Fiction ❯ Of Pain And Joy ❯ Of Pain And Joy ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Of Pain And Joy
©Woah O.O
 
 
Sobs came from the babe, but it was impossible to distinguish whether or not they are of pain or happiness for he was new to the world. Men and women rushed around in greenish aprons and white gloves. Some tried to soothe the mother and others cleaned the small boy. The man holding the babe handed the babe gingerly over to the mother who smiled at him. She stroked the child with care. Tears fell from her eyes from the happiness that overwhelmed her. “I will name him Jun,” she said, her voice slightly hoarse from her previous yells of agony.
 
When the boy was only two months old, his mother that brought him life perished from an illness she required long ago. Jun was left in the world of the living with only his father who cared not for the child. The boy was brought up with excruciatingly painful beatings and emotionally scarring shouting. He was taught that this was happiness; that the pain that the father delivered to him was happiness and love. That is what the father told him to believe. And Jun did believe his father. He believed every word that came from his father's mouth. He believed that pain was happiness in its truest form. Whenever pain was delivered to him, the boy would smile. The young boy always smiled. He knew not the meaning of pain, only of happiness.
 
Five years after his mother's death came the death of his father. The boy cried not, but smile he did. The boy was sent to live with his grandfather that lived far from his parents' house. He lived there with his grandfather who continued the teachings that Jun's father began. The child lived through beating after beating until one day his grandfather was arrested for child abuse. This was after a most horrific thrashing that left patches of many dark colors all over the child and cuts that bled freely. Tears leaked out from the ten year old boy's eyes but a smile graced his lips. Men dressing in dark blue came up to him and looked him over. They asked him why he was smiling at such a time. All the boy could do was shrug in response and allow the tears to flow and the smile to remain.
 
Children are taught at an early age that pain is something to fear; that it is something to cower away from when it is upon them. They are taught to cry when they feel pain and laugh when they feel happy. Happiness is something that they should yearn for at a constant.
 
However, not all children are alike. Children look different, act different, and have different thoughts, but they are also raised differently. When a child is brought up being told that pain is something to be delighted about than they will not think anything of it. And so, when they feel pain such as this boy is feeling now, they will cry as normal with only one difference: the tears will not be of anger or wrath, they will be of delight.­­­