Fan Fiction ❯ Ojamajo Delay ❯ Hana's not here... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hanna was crying. I walked into her room with a warm bottle of milk in my hand. I started humming a tune to "Ojamajo de Ban Ban." I looked into Hanna's crib; I didn't see anybody in the crib. I started panicking. I didn't know what to do. Hanna wasn't in the crib, and that is all that I knew. The room was slowly closing in on me. It seemed that with every step I took the walls were moving towards me, very slowly. I heard somebody calling my name, "Doremi, Doremi." Then the person was saying something that I couldn't understand because their voice got muffled. The walls became very tight.

I woke up to see Majorika patting my sweaty head with her green, pudgy hand. She asked in her harsh, raspy voice, "Doremi, what have you been dreaming about lately?"

I answered slowly, "I have been having strange dreams with Hanna in them. She always seems to be in trouble. By the way, how is she?"

"She is doing well, but something seems to be troubling her. But I cannot make out what she is afraid of... It is like somebody put a shield over her so that nobody will find out," Majorika's eyes glittered in wonder and amazement.

I got off of the large gray couch and started walking towards Hanna's wooden crib. As I walked, the carpet floor patted my feet. When I reached Hanna's crib, I saw that she was playing with her favorite green whale, Sparky. She never went anywhere without him. If she did, she would throw a fit. I looked down at my bare feet, I saw Sparky. I bent down to get him, but he disappeared. When I got back up, I saw that Hanna was playing with Sparky.

"Hmm... Deja vu," I said softly.

Suddenly, Majorika ran from the gray couch sat next to me. She asked quickly, 'What did you say?'

"Majorika! If you would heard me, you must have ears of elves!" I exclaimed.

"Answer my question Doremi," Majorika said sternly.

"I said Deja vu."

"What happened?"

"Somehow, Sparky got on the floor. So, my instinct was to pick him up. But for some odd reason, he wasn't there anymore. When I got back up from the floor I saw that Hanna was playing with Sparky." I answered quizzically.

"This is not good at all! Somebody must want to do this: to trick our already poor eyes. I must inform the Queen at once..." she kept on muttering to herself but I wasn't listening.

As soon as Majorika ran away, into her own small room, I looked into Hanna's crib. She was there, playing with her old blue whale. I started to daydream then I looked into Hanna's crib again, and saw that Sparky was now orange... 'What orange?!' I thought.

I yelled for Majorika, "Majorika! Come, now! Sparky turned from green to blue to orange!" Instead of Majorika came Hazuki and Aiko.

Hazuki in her timid voice asked, "What is wrong Doremi? You look really pale, it's like you just saw a ghost."

I stuttered, "Sp-p-parky turned from green to blue to orange!"

As soon as those words came out of my mouth, Hazuki and Aiko went to Hanna's crib and saw that she was playing with Sparky. Sparky was his original color, green. Aiko started saying angrily, "Doremi! What are you trying to do? Hazuki nearly fainted this time. You better not do this again."

THUD. Hazuki fell onto the floor. Obviously she fainted. I went over to Hazuki to check if she was okay. Then, I put my finger on her neck, to check if there were any abnormalities in her pulse. None. While I was doing this, Aiko was looking into Hanna's crib. Aiko started stuttering, "Dor-r-rem-m-mi..."

"What, Aiko?" I asked briskly, "Come and help me carry Hazuki to the couch. Why are you standing there like a zombie?"

"Hanna is gone," she answered.