Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ Bomb! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5
Bomb!
After training, the Titans decided to order out for pizza, but Phoenix asked to make it herself. “I remember the type my mom used to make, and you can have any kind of topping you want.” Due to lack of anything else to do, Raven and Starfire helped gather and prepare the crust and sauce while the boys played video games.
“Dude,” Beast Boy drooled," what smells so good?”
“That would be the pizza. You guys can add toppings to your portion, then we'll bake them,” Phoenix smiled. It had been a long time since she'd had pizza, and longer since she made it with her mother's recipe.
“Oh my gosh, those look awesome!” “Aw man, look at that cheese bubble!” “That Hawaiian slice looks the best of all!” Comments like these poured out of the Titans' mouths like the waterfalls of spit as the pizzas were cut and served. All words stopped as a feeding free for all began.
If they hadn't been eating, they would've heard the door open, noticed the clank of the object that was left on the floor, and they would've noticed the constant ticking sound it made sooner.
“What's that sound? It sounds like a clock ticking!” Cyborg asked.
“Not who, what! It's a bomb, right there on the floor!” Robin shouted. “Raven, Phoenix, you need to get that thing out of here!”
“No time, we need to contain it here and now,” Raven replied. Phoenix nodded in urgent agreement. The two created a double-layered force field around the explosive, and lifted it off the floor.
“How much time before the weapon activates itself?” Starfire asked.
“Looks like 20 seconds,” Cyborg observed “, you might have enough time to get it outside if you hustle.” Beast Boy ran to a window and opened it, allowing the two concentrating girls to levitate the force fields containing the bomb outside.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! When the bomb exploded, the blast was so strong, that it broke thought both restraining energy walls, and caused the windows on the north side of the tower to implode.
Robin, Starfire, and Beast Boy peeked over the kitchen counter, slowly. They had been protected by Robin's cape, and the three only managed to fit because Beast Boy had been in the form of a mouse. “Is everyone all right?” Robin asked.
“I've got a bit of glass in my arm,” Cyborg replied from behind the sofa “, but other than that . . . I'm a-okay. What about you two . . . Rae, Phoenix? Where'd they go?” The remaining Titans searched the room, but the two missing members of the team could not be found.
“I believe I may have found some bad news,” Starfire spoke up from by a southern window. “There are only two places where the glass is broken here, and no glass fell inside . . .”
“ . . . so who or whatever broke these windows went out and down!” Robin finished. “Titans, go! Phoenix and Raven could be badly hurt. We have to find them . . . now!”
When Raven was found, she was laying on the rocks at the island's edge . . . unconscious and bleeding from a small cut on her forehead.
Phoenix, however, was nowhere to be found, and she hadn't received a communicator yet, so there was no way to track the new girl's whereabouts. “I suppose now we must continue to search for our friend's location blindly, or we must hope that she is able to find help for herself,” Starfire said sadly. Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg nodded slowly, picked up Raven's limp form, and took her inside the tower. They'd patch Raven up, and then continue the search for the missing Titan.