Fan Fiction ❯ Project M.I.S.T.: Chikyuu ❯ The Temple Grounds Battle! Jishin's Close Call - Part One ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Project M.I.S.T.: Chikyuu

Disclaimer: As I stated before, this story is totally original. If you have any questions, email me at souzou_ketsuna@hotmail.com, or leave a review with the question and your email and I'll write back.

Opening Thoughts
Ekishou

Well, now a few hours have passed since I returned to normal, and believe this; I still think I'm still within a strange dream. One minute I'm human and the next thing I know I'm, from what this man named Toki-Sori said, something called a Senkyouden. And to top it off, I have blue wings, a sword fabricated from a strange crystal, a crystal that is a "power amplifier," and the ability to manipulate water and ice magic. The worst part about it is I had to fight an assassin the man called Yuuku! She was tough! I couldn't have survived if it wasn't for the aid of Toki-Sori and Kon-Denkou.

But now it turns out I won't have much time left on Earth. This means someday I'm going to have to say good-byes to Moroi, Enrai, Seiei, and Mama. Yama on the other hand, I won't mind saying good-bye too. He annoys me so much! And I hate him so much! He's even tried to score with Moroi in the past and that ticks me off too. However, it seems he's laid off for a while and hasn't gone after any girls. But I wonder who's next? And as well, I wonder who the other Senkyoudens are like me . . .

(Opening Theme: Reality Check)
(Crisis Theme: Chaos Angel)
(Jishin's Theme + Episode Four Battle Theme: Gaia Span)
Episode Four

The Temple Grounds Battle! Jishin of the Earth's Close Call

Dark storm clouds hung in the sky above, as a never-ending rain seemed to fall. As he sat in his house tossing a soccer ball up and down, Yama was lying sideways in a chair and he appeared to be quite bored. He sighed to himself, then placed the ball on the floor and sat up, looking around his large bedroom for something to do. He was wearing a dark green shirt completely buttoned up except for two at the top, black jeans, white socks and black slippers.

Mizuiro didn't tell my entire profile, so I'll repeat some of it and reveal some other information you may not know yet. She is right that my name, Tensai Yama, means "Mountain Horizon," as well that I am 178 cm tall, 67 kg, and that my birthday is March 25th, 1985. Yes, I do like chocolate, and I hate tomatoes, but believe this or not I like Cherry Blossoms and Tiger Lilies. Yes, I have favorite flowers. I'm not exactly how Mizuiro revealed. The only reason I flirt with so many girls is I'm looking for the perfect girl. I would like to fall in love with the perfect girl and be there for her. However, I just haven't discovered her yet. I haven't felt that spark yet you're supposed to feel when you find her. Mizuiro has a good reason for hating me and I don't blame her for it. I agree, what happened last year wasn't fair but she shouldn't let it affect the friendship we once had. She was a great friend to have, just like my current best friends, Enrai and Seiei.

After looking around, he let out another annoyed sigh and got up from the chair. Seeing that his shirt was somewhat scrunched upward from the shift in positions, he pulled it down to return it to its normal appearance before walking over to a nearby desk in the corner of his room, where he looked at a flyer he was given the other day. Picking it up, he put on a pair of small reading glasses, and looked it over carefully.

"Let's see . . .'The Nadeshiko Shrine is making it's grand opening today, and as part of it they're selling good luck charms. Guaranteed to bring you luck with whatever you need luck for.'"

He blinked and placed the paper onto his desk as he thought about the announcement for a minute. The address written along with the invitation ad was one that was familiar to him, for he remembered it used to be abandoned from the appearance if it every morning when he would pass by it heading to the high school. After thinking about it for a moment, he shrugged and smiled to himself.

"Hmm, what the heck? Might be fun to try something different."

He then walked away from the desk and left his room, heading down the hallway and down the stairs into the main lobby of his house. The interior was massive, almost the size of most apartments in the city it seemed. Heading for a small table by the doors, Yama then grabbed a notepad and a pen before he leaned against the wall. His scribbling was vigorous as he began jotting down a note.

"Mama & Papa, gone out for a while. If you need to come get me then I'll be heading for the Nadeshiko Shrine. I'll be back no later then before curfew. Love ya both, Yama."

Feeling it was good enough, Yama placed the note on the table, making sure the corner of a nearby book weighed it down so it wouldn't accidentally blow away from the opening of the large doors. He walked over to the other side of the doorframe and grabbed his umbrella and jacket before headed out. Because it was indeed raining hard, he immediately opened the umbrella and began running down the street toward the newly opened temple.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Yuuku was leaning against the wall as Makura watched the water in the fountain. It was searching Tokyo for Senkyouden energy, but the process proved to be quite slow especially when it had to concentrate on at least right different signatures. With her first failure, Yuuku has felt pretty miserable that she had let her friend and leader down. At the same time, she was plotting revenge against Ekishou for the defeat she had received. Her eyes were closed as she pondered of a suitable way to get the job done.

"Yuuku, are you listening?"

Suddenly, Yuuku snapped out of her trance and looked around, seeing Makura looking at her with concern from the fountain. She frowned and then uncrossed her arms. Yuuku suddenly became sad, seeing the worried expression on her leader and best friend's face. She let out a small sigh of frustration with herself before she began to speak with the lime haired assassin.

"I am sorry Makura. I was not listening." she replied.

"I see. What I was saying was that sending you back to Earth this afternoon."

Makura said, placing her hands down onto the stone. She waved a hand above the water to create a new image as she turned to face her ally. It was an aerial view of Tokyo, mostly of the downtown district and a quick flash of Tokyo Tower. Yuuku watched the landscapes rotating in the view of the water, suddenly seeing a beautiful shrine courtyard, decorated by many fall-touched trees.

"This is where you'll go."

"What would you have me do?" Yuuku asked.

"There are strange energy traces coming from a shrine that just opened in Tokyo. They may be Senkyoudens, or those disgusting love charms the family there is selling. Look for the energies and when you find them, terminate them, even if they aren't Senkyouden people."

"I understand perfectly."

"And if you encounter Ekishou, take her out."

"Of course. Makura. I will do as you command."

Giving a sly smile from he thought of a rematch with Ekishou back on Earth, Yuuku pulled out her T-Sphere as it became illuminated with the same dark energy as the one time before during her first usage. As it engulfed her and transported her back to Tokyo, Makura suddenly heard the sound of an opening door behind her. Turning around, she watched Kainashi slowly treaded across the floor toward her and the fountain after closing the door behind him.

"You sent Yuuku back to Earth, didn't you?" he asked.

"Of course I did. She stands the best chance against Ekishou as well. Ekishou is weak to lightning magic and it seems to be Yuuku's favorite method of assault." she replied, flashing a smirk. "Why not let her have her fun? I don't care if she succeeds or fails. While what I desire is the throne of Senkyou . . .I do care about her safety much the same. I told her to return if she no longer able to fight."

She trailed off as she began thinking about other matters. After finishing she turned back to the fountain, causing an image of Ekishou breaking free of the ice shackles to appear upon the surface of the water. She then narrowed her eyes and glared, throwing a dagger into the water to cause the image to become distorted. Kainashi simply chuckled at her sudden display of violence before he proceeded to wrap his arms around both of Makura's shoulders.

"Something tells me you aren't wishing for merely the destruction of Princess Hinote, are you love?" he asked.

"Ekishou . . .child of the ice and water spirits . . .disciple of the serpent Leviathan . . .is just as great a threat as Hinote, as will all of the other children if they surface before their destructions. Hinote may not currently be a Senkyouden, but it's her presence that prevents my taking the entire world. My blood will grant me the Symbolic Wings upon the heiress' death, but as long as the other seven children are alive, they pose a threat as they will protect Hinote."

Makura frowned, then lifted her hand once again off of the craftsmanship of the fountain and waved her fingers over the mystic water. Waves were formed as the capitol of Senkyou appeared, with the castle seen high atop the mountains. It was indeed an elegant castle, with many flags mounted atop the five tallest towers and dozens of its country's banners lining the castle walls, displaying a phoenix rising from a rainbow colored bonfire.

"Currently, our world knows Hinote is the next queen. However, Oracus, Ittou and Mugendai think they are the only ones who know the greater truth, in that the other seven children are as well linked toward the future."

"How so?"

"Each will be a member of the royal court somehow. Ekishou is destined to be a strong warrior and always noble to her cause. Her future is possibly linked to becoming general of the kingdom's army. She is a threat in this way, as are all the others. Somehow, the other seven Senkyoudens are all connected to the royal court of Hinote's future rule . . .if we don't kill her first that is."

The imagery then disappeared, casting the chamber into shadows once again. Makura's eyes closed, as she seemed to be in a focusing trance, not concerned with the darkness, but forgetting about the tall male who continued to hold her close to him. As she thought about the situation unfolding as they spoke and thinking about the possible future to come should she fail to complete her desires, Kainashi nodded to himself and began thinking about the described scenario's as well.

"Now I understand . . .but why send Yuuku to this shrine?" he asked.

"There is something there, emitting a strange aura. It's hard to determine whether it's a human's amplified psychic abilities, or if it's Senkyouden energy. Whatever the reason, it's best to play the cards safely." Letting out a sudden smirk, Makura turned on her heel and walked toward the exit of the chamber. Kainashi paused for a moment, looking back down at the fountain's water as it showed to him the shrine Yuuku was heading for at that very moment. He gazed upon it until it disappeared once again, then turned and followed his leader and from what it appeared, his lover.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"At least the rain finally stopped . . ."

Yama said to himself as he looked up at the sky. He was now walking up the stairway toward the Nadeshiko Shrine, with droplets of water falling from the autumn colored leaves in the trees onto his green umbrella. As he headed up, it seemed more was on his mind than just buying a couple of good luck charms, especially concerning what was unknown about his life to himself.

"I wonder why rain always depresses me," he thought. "Hmm, I guess it's because of my first memories in my life . . ."

"Mommy? Daddy?" A small boy sat on the street corner on a cold night. His blond hair was very short and spiky, still drenched nonetheless, and he wore a simple black tank top and blue shorts with black sneakers. He had his arms crossed in front of him as she shivered uncontrollably, letting the light and the raindrops fall onto him. He couldn't even tell the raindrops from his tears anymore.

"I'm all alone. Where are mommy and daddy?"

He then stood up and looked around. There were no people to be seen. What was strange for him was that he didn't remember how he got to the lamppost. He then wiped his eyes clean and decided to head up the street, hoping for some kind of miracle.

Suddenly, Yama returned to reality as he realized he was standing at the summit of the stairway to the shrine. It was a very beautiful but there was something missing it seemed. He looked around and frowned, as the shrine grounds seemed totally empty. Heading along the main walkway he continued to look around, only to find that it was indeed deserted. Walking over to the main building and knocked on the booth, he waited a moment before knocked again. Once again, he received no response. Becoming frustrated, he let out a sigh and turned to look toward the other buildings within the shrine territory.

"Hello? Anyone here?" he yelled politely. Another few moments passed before he sighed in frustration. "I wonder where everyone could be . . .? You'd think with a new shrine opening that there would be a lot of people here."

Before he decided to leave, Yama suddenly heard footsteps coming from nearby. After they stopped, his curiosity was sparked right then. He walked over to where he heard the footsteps and peered around the corner, gasping at what he saw. Standing in front of a set of bells was a girl wearing a temple kimono with a five-pointed amethyst star necklace around her neck, holding her hands together in prayer. Her eyes were closed as she chanted, but Yama managed to make out her red hair tied into two small, shoulder length ponytails on both sides of her head. Opening her eyes, they were revealed to be a dark blue.

"Wow . . ." It was all Yama could say.

The girl grasped the red and white rope of the bells and pulled, allowing the bells to ring aloud and echo outward and away before she ceased and released her grip. She then placed her hands together and closed her eyes once more and prayed in what seemed to be a foreign language. Only when she spoke a second time was when Yama was able to understand.

My name is Mitsukai Faia, which means "Fire Angel". I am 16 years old and my birthday is on May 9th, 1985. I am 171.5 cm tall, and I weight 47 kg. My appearance may seem odd, especially the way I wear my red hair into those ponytails, but society's opinion of my looks isn't important to me. My favorite food is ice cream, and there isn't really anything I hate. My favorite flower is the cherry blossom. While my favorite subject is Math, I hate Physics. I like taking photographs of anything and I also like to read. Plus, I like to act. I live at this shrine with my uncle, for my parents died a long time ago when I was very young, so I was told. I don't remember them too well, but I love them greatly otherwise. I used to live in Canada, but just recently we came here to run the shrine that my uncle had received.

"Gods which protect this shrine, grant to me my prayer." Faia said, closing her eyes once again. "We have yet to receive visitors to our beautiful shrine, which saddens my uncle. I ask of thee, please allow people to see the beauty of this as well, and possibly lead them here. If we do not get any visitors, my uncle will be most displeased and hurt."

Ringing the bells once more, Faia then opened her eyes and breathed a melancholy sigh, picking up her broom and grasping the handle gently. She released a single tear, before bowing her head and closed her eyes a third time. Standing to the side, Yama smiled for he knew that her prayer would be answered. After straightening out the collar of his shirt, he walked out from behind the corner and across the pathway toward the mysterious girl.

"Excuse me . . ." he began to say.

Faia's head suddenly jerked upward as he spoke, hoping she wasn't hearing things. She slowly turned to face Yama, then smiled as she realized the gods had granted her wish. Her eyes lit up at the sight of a visitor, especially one that she considered to be as good-looking as him. She quickly dropped her broom and proceeded to race over to the blond male.

"Hi! May I help you?" she asked loudly, showing a wide and warm smile.

"Actually yes. I was wondering if I could buy a good luck charm from your shrine." Yama replied, returning the smile.

"Sure!" Faia replied. "Right this way!"

Turning and walking back to the booth, she placed her broom against the building and walked inside. A moment later she opened the windows and faced Yama once more. He looked inside to see seven boxes, all of them opened and showing different colored charms. He felt a slight amount of frustration though, because he couldn't quite read what was written on each one. Smiling, she then pulled up a rack full of different colored charms. Yama appeared surprised at the selection, especially after being able to see was what written on each one of them.

"So what kind of charm are you interested in?" she asked. "We figured it would be a fun idea to offer different kinds of charms for different desires. There are charms for luck in matters of school, family, friends, the future, forgiveness, romance, and health."

"Hmm, guess I'll have one friendship and one romance charm." he replied.

"Okay, just a second."

Giving a smile, Faia suddenly dropped down behind the counter and searched through the small boxes that were filled with the numerous types of charms. After finding a yellow charm that represented friendship, she then discovered the red charms that represented romance. During the time of her search, Yama found himself leaning against the counter and looking around the shrine grounds. The beauty of the place fascinated him as autumn had touched all of the leaves that were either still in the trees or on the ground.

"This is such a beautiful place," he thought. "She's lucky to be able to live in such a place . . .but what's odd is I've never seen her before. I wonder if she even attends the same high school as myself . . ."

Suddenly, Faia jumped up from the ground, holding the charms in both hands. Looking toward Yama, it seemed to her that he was still lost in his gazing of the entire shrine grounds and the autumn scenery that only seemed to heighten the eye candy of the surrounding area. She suddenly smiled, thinking of a fun way to get his attention. She took a deep breath and leaned forward to be right behind his ear and then released her intended mischief.

"I HAVE YOUR CHARMS!" she yelled.

Practically jumping over the building, Yama was frightened by her sudden outburst. He spun around to face her, eyes widened and his breath quicker from the scare. Faia blinked, then smiled and giggled before placing the charms down on the counter. She didn't seem phased at all by his expression nor by his words of inquiring which quickly followed.

"Why did you do that!" he demanded.

"I was bored and the opportunity was jumping out at me. I went with it." she replied.

After hearing the explanation, Yama couldn't help but chuckle. He suddenly liked her seemingly carefree nature and her friendliness to a complete stranger that he found himself able to feel more comfortable around her. Pulling out his wallet, he began looking through the change pocket and pulled out a few dollars. He then handed her money to pay for the charms, which she took and kneeled down to place in the money slots underneath the counter. As those actions were performed, they continued their already started conversation.

"So how long have you been here?" he asked.

"Just a couple of weeks actually. We're still trying to unpack all of our things." Faia replied. "It's pretty hectic trying to get the shrine ready AND get all of our belongings organized to seem like a nice little home."

"I see. And whom do you mean when you say 'we'? Who else lives here?" Yama asked.

"It's just myself and my uncle who live here." she replied. Flashing a smile, she suddenly gasped as something popped into her head. "Oh my, where are my manners?" she said, extending a hand. "Since it seems we're friends now, would it be possible to ask your name?"

"Sure. I'm Yama Tensai."

Yama smiled, then placed his hand into hers and the two shook on it. It was a firm and securing handshake, which gave him more impression about her personality. He felt she was one who seemed very secure with herself, with no sense of shyness whatsoever within herself. Faia smiled back to him as they shook, closing her eyes to reveal a somewhat cute face.

"And I'm Faia Mitsukai."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What am I going to do . . ."

Ekishou sighed to herself sadly as she crossed her arms in front of her. She walked down the pathway surrounded by the autumn trees, watching as numerous leaves fell toward the ground each time the wind passed by. Strapped to her back was a metallic sheath that incased her sword, and her wings were now smaller to have a greater chance of being hidden from view. She continued to make her way through woods, making sure no one saw her but at the same time, deep in thought about her current situation.

"I can't believe I'm not human . . .this is horrible. What's worse is I've been living a lie and never even knew it!"

She suddenly stopped, seeing that she was now standing in front of the lake that was located in the center of the park. Ekishou smiled, then walked over to the bank and sat down after pulling her sheath in front of her for she figured sitting on it wouldn't be that comfortable. She then pulled her legs up to her stomach and rested her chin on her knees as she stared out onto the water. Though she was her true self for only a day, she felt a sudden appreciation for the water she realized she used to take for granted.

"What am I going to tell the others? They're going to be frightened of me!" she said, feeling tears in her eyes.

She raised her hand and wiped them away, but more appeared right away which made her realize that she was fighting a losing battle with her emotions. She then sniffled and climbed up onto her feet, brushing off the back of her skirt and readjusting the sheath of her sword. Looking around, a poster on a nearby bulletin board caught her eye. She slowly walked over to it and read the advertisement written on the paper.

"'The Nadeshiko Shrine is making it's grand opening today, and as part of it they're selling good luck charms. Guaranteed to bring you luck with whatever you need luck for.' Hmm . . .maybe I'll buy a charm and wish for forgiveness." she said.

Turning on her heel, Ekishou then headed down in the opposite direction she came from, with her new destination being the Nadeshiko Shrine. The leaves crunched underneath her feet as she walked, but she seemed to ignore it as more was on her mind than the simple sounds that were associated with fall. After all, she knew very well she would never be the same. After all, she was a Senkyouden . . .

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I hope this tea isn't too hot . . ."

Faia let out a sigh as she poured Yama a cup of tea. The two were in the living room at her house after Faia suggested having a chat inside and out of the cold atmosphere of autumn. After receiving permission from her uncle, the two decided to talk about their lives, important issues and places that Faia would need to know about if she was to live in Tokyo. She found the conversation extremely useful as she hung off every one of his words. However, they decided to take a break from talking and enjoy some warm tea.

"It should be fine." Yama replied, picking up the cup. "So what happened to your parents?"

" . . .They died in a house fire, as did my little sister." she replied. "I inhaled so much smoke that the doctors told me it caused brain damage. I can't remember the fire at all, but my uncle told me about it. He was devastated because he and my mother were close."

"I'm so sorry." Yama said, seeing her sadness. "Actually, I sort of know how you feel."

"How so?"

"Well, I can't remember my parents, but I neither love them or hate them. I don't even know if I had brothers or sisters."

Yama hesitated for a moment, wondering if he wanted to tell his story that hurt him so much. He never liked the memory if regaining consciousness on a rainy night in a deserted part of the city and feeling completely unwanted and abandoned. However, he thought that it would be good to let it out again, especially since only a select circle of friends, mainly Mizuiro, Moroi, Seiei and Enrai. He drank some of his tea, and then placed the cup back on the coffee table before deciding to continue.

"You see . . .the earliest back I can remember is waking up in the street. I was about five years old and alone. I think my parents were either killed somehow or that they might have abandoned me. I don't know which," he said.

"How terrible."

Just then, there was a knock at the door as Faia lifted her cup. She turned to the door and cleared her throat after swallowing the tea she had just consumed. The door opened, revealing a tall man wearing a temple kimono as well. He had dark brown hair that was slightly spiked and one eye that was blue, for his left eye was scarred shut and was covered with a black eye patch. He also had a combination of a moustache and goatee. He looked toward Faia with a serious expression on his face.

"Yes Uncle Gorotsuki?" she asked.

"Faia, I'll be in the basement if you need me. I'm doing a fire reading," he explained.

"Okay uncle. I don't think I will need to disturb you, I've got everything under control." Faia replied, flashing a small smile.

Nodding, Gorotsuki smiled back and left the room, sliding the door shut behind him. Faia watched as his shadow disappeared from sight before she turned back to Yama and drank some of her tea. There were a few minutes of silence between them, especially for Yama since he was somewhat in shock at seeing the man Faia called her uncle. He had never seen anyone so large in his life, muscle and height wise. Before her could contemplate the intimidation he felt however, Faia cleared her throat from drinking too much tea.

"That . . ." he stuttered to say. "That . . .THAT'S you uncle? He's so HUGE! He could break me apart like a twig!"

"Don't worry Yama, everyone is intimidated by Uncle Gorotsuki when they first meet him, just because he's a bit more towering and because of the scar on his eye, but in reality he's a very nice and friendly person." She smiled to show there was indeed nothing to be afraid as she placed her cup back on the coffee table. "He took care of me after the fire and took me into his home, especially since we have no other relatives, and he was the closest to where I was living when it happened. I'll never be able to repay him for all of the kindness and consideration he's shown me."

"You're lucky to know your family." Yama expressed. "I wish I could meet my real family . . ."

Faia watched Yama as he frowned, feeling bad that she currently knew her uncle and that he had no one from his blood family that he knew. She could see how lonely he was, even though she felt he was the kind of guy who must have many friends in his life. But then again, she realized even in a crowd people can be lonely. Getting an idea, she reached into her pocket and pulled out an indigo colored charm. She then leaned forward and placed it into his open hand.

"Here you go." she expressed, smiling the entire time.

"Huh? What's this for?" Yama asked.

"It's a Family Charm," she explained. "If you wish on it and keep a strong sense of hope, then your family will always be with you. It's a present because everyone deserves to know who their families are."

Looking down at it, Yama remained confused for a few minutes before letting it sink in. Here was a girl who he met only a little while ago, and already she was attempting to cheer him up with his problems that though they were a great issue in his life, he tried not to let plague his everyday activities. He smiled at her generosity, as he placed the charm in his pocket, then took his cup and lifted it to his face.

"Thank you Faia."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Floating in the sky, Yuuku surveyed the shrine area as her right hand grasped her power amplifier still around her neck. Her eyes were narrowed in a determined fashion and her bronze wings were totally outstretched as she looked around, wondering where exactly the mysterious auras were that Makura had sensed. Though she could feel a faint trace, she still knew that she needed to search through the amplifier to get a better understand what the energy was. Thinking for a minute, she decided she needed a closer look at the area. She allowed her wings to completely relax and she dropped down to the ground. After landing on her feet with the complete grace of a samurai warrior, she stood straight up and looked around once more.

"Hmm, I am sensing some energy . . .something familiar and revolting" she thought. "Makura was right about her suspicions."

She smiled, and then walked over to the ceremonial bells. She was so preoccupied that she failed to notice Ekishou walking up the steps of the shrine area. Looking up toward the bells, Yuuku smirked as she crossed her arms in front of her. Smirking, she then raised her left hand up to her face as her other hand gripped the handle of her katana. Her eyes narrowed as a sly smile appeared on her face, which seemed to trigger a surge of lightning energy to engulf the now clenched fist.

"These humans believe that wishes can come true, simply by ringing a copper bell?" she said aloud. "How pathetic . . .but as Makura said, there is a mysterious force emitting from this place . . .and of course I must carry out the orders given to me, and destroy that force to be on the safe side."

Suddenly and without warning, Yuuku felt a large force striking her from behind and pushing her forward and downward. She was slammed onto the ground with the weight still on her, holding her down with much force indeed. The female assassin released a growl as she attempted to overpower the mysterious force.

"What was that!" Yuuku yelled.

She turned herself around, then gritted her teeth when she saw Ekishou raise a clenched fist. Driving the fist forward, Ekishou put all her strength into the effort as the empty hand slammed into Yuuku's face. She was stunned for a second, but quickly retaliated by quickly bringing her boot up to Ekishou and slamming it into the blue winged Senkyouden's stomach. She was thrown off from the force of the attack, causing her to roll a few feet away before stopping on the pain pathway. Ekishou clutched her chest, coughing from having the air knocked out of her, as Yuuku climbed to her feet, holding her hand to her face.

"What are you doing here?" Ekishou demanded.

"I'm here to carry out a mission little water sprite." Yuuku replied, glaring at her opponent. "What brings you to this site of future demolishment?"

"What are you saying!" she asked, coughing up some blood. "Do you plant to destroy this place?"

Ekishou's eyes widened as they still kept an angered trait. The pain in her stomach and the blood coming up were instantly forgotten as she climbed to her feet. Smiling, Yuuku closed her eyes and crossed her arms as she sat down on the block below the ceremonial bells. A smirk appeared across her face as she pulled on the ropes, causing the melody of the bells to ring out and echo throughout the battle area. She turned back to the water influenced Senkyouden, pulling out her katana blade and bringing it up to rest on her right shoulder.

"That is exactly true. Don't try and stop me Ekishou, for such an effort will only be unavailing." Yuuku replied. "You realize that you cannot win."

This angered Ekishou. Clenching her teeth, she pulled her sword out of its sheath and charged forward, across the terrain and toward Yuuku. The assassin simply smirked as she brought the blade down from its perch. Raising her empty hand, a stream of fire suddenly appeared and shot forward, striking the blue winged opponent and incasing her within a pillar of fire. Ekishou's entire body felt the effects of the flames and she screamed out in pain. The fire seemed to seep deeply into her skin and face, bringing forth more unbearable pain as more screams of agony escaped her mouth. She was completely imprisoned with no means of escape it seemed, especially when she found herself trying to break the cylinder walls with her fists. Watching the fire burn her hands with ever hit and knowing it was safe to leave her unattended, Yuuku smiled as she went back to the task at hand.

"Now then, I shall finish my mission," she said. "Let me see, there is a great deal of glass around here . . .Oooh, wouldn't it make such a mess if anyone in these buildings are stricken by all of that glass if it were to shatter?"

Yuuku then started laughing manically as she jumped into the air, using her wings to gain more elevation. When she felt she was at a proper height above the shrine, she removed her power amplifier from her double choker necklace. Grinning, Yuuku held out her amplifier in front of her and closed her eyes. The broach began to glow in a bronze energy as a dark storm cloud appeared above her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gorotsuki sat in a meditative position on his knees. His hands were clasped together and on his lap forming random mental symbols, while his eyes closed as a large fire burned in front of him within a square hearth, dancing wildly but never once going beyond its set boundaries. As the flame burned, his hands and fingers kept changing to form different signs as he meditated deeply. Grabbing some kind of dust, he tossed it into the inferno and it burned brighter as he began chanting.

"Great fire god, reveal thy vision now. I call upon the entities of Star . . .Fire . . .Water . . .Wind . . .Thunder . . .Sun . . .Moon . . .Earth . . .Light . . . Shadow. I implore thee, come forth and show me what I seek now!"

Suddenly the fires burned brighter once again, causing Gorotsuki's eyes to flash open as he witnessed the vision inside. Yuuku's form appeared within the flames, only now she seemed to be within tranquility's grasp. The broach floated above her hands with both her gloved hands on either side as it illuminated a bronze light throughout the shrine area. Suddenly, he witnessed the winds picking up speed a large surge of lightning shot down from the storm could and through the amplifier. The energy increased quickly and surrounded Yuuku in a sphere of lightning. Suddenly, the sphere grew larger in the next few seconds as her eyes flashed open.

"Element of lightning which I call forth, come alive and strike the very earth below me!" she yelled.

The lightning suddenly became brighter upon the words spoken, shooting out in all directions of the area. As this happened, a massive lightning bolt gathered in all the energy from the sphere and shot down toward the ground. Upon colliding, it seemed to push the area in deeper while a shockwave began emitting from the center. Gorotsuki gasped as he witnessed a set of windows shatter quickly from the energy.

"Shit!" he cried out, watching the vision vanish. "I have to hurry!"

As the fires size shrank until it was completely normal, Gorotsuki was already scrambling to his feet. He quickly rushed to the door of the room, and then up the stairs as the hope of beating the shockwave raced through his mind. He had to hurry and make it to the purpose of his doing the fire reading before the vision he saw brought forth sheer tragedy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

As the sounds of thunder echoed throughout the area, Faia suddenly gasped and placed her cup back onto the coffee table. She remembered that the weather reports didn't call for lightning, and she remembered that a lightning storm in the middle of autumn was next to impossible of happening. As she stood up and walked over to the large window, Yama looked toward her and followed, curious as to why she suddenly did that. Faia placed a hand on the glass as she looked outside toward the pathway to the shrine, with Yama joining her and looking outside as well.

"What's wrong Faia?" Yama asked. "Did you hear the sounds of thunder just now?" she asked. "Yeah, I did. But there shouldn't be lightning at this time of year, right?"

Suddenly, Yama's eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly at the sight upon the pathway. From his point of view, it seemed like a large wave of lightning energy was quickly flying across the ground and toward their location. Leaves were completely ripped form the trees and pieces of concrete were torn away from the ground, which make Yama gasp in horror. She suddenly turned toward him, becoming slightly nervous after seeing the current expression on his face.

"Faia, take cover! NOW!" he shouted.

"What do you mean? What's going on Yama!" she demanded.

Yama made no effort to respond verbally to her question, as the sight in which he had just witnessed engulfed all of his thoughts and concerns. He quickly grabbed Faia, who cried out in surprise, and dove to the floor with his own body acting as her shield. As the two landed on the wooden panels, the shockwave that Yama had seen slammed against the house, causing the windows to crack and quickly shatter into hundreds of jagged shards.

"Don't move Faia!" Yama shouted.

The clear debris scattered and flew in all directions of the room, hitting the floor or falling outside of the house. Suddenly, Yama cried out from a suddenly pain as shards fell onto him and pierced his back, plus his shoulders and upper arms. Despite that however, he refused to give in and quickly pulled Faia closer to him to make sure none of the shards struck her.

"Yama stop this! You're going to die!" Faia yelled out. "No! I'm not going to lose any of my friends! I don't want to lose any one else!" he replied, resisting the urge to scream.

A moment passed and everything became silent. Both Faia and Yama refused to move in fear that the destruction was only in a state of pause. Finally needing to know, Faia opened her eyes slowly, looking around the room to make sure it was completed. She suddenly felt something damp, where she realized that Yama was still on top of her. She returned her gaze quickly, and cried out in horror when she saw his shirt stained with his blood. Faia frowned, then slowly crawled out from underneath him and examined his back. She instantly felt weak at the sigh of all of the blood still draining from his body, but put the urge to be sick behind her.

"Yama! Are you okay?" she asked. He opened his eyes and looked toward her, smiling weakly as he saw her concern.

"I've been better. It's not every day that you are pierced with so many glass shards . . ." he replied.

"This looks bad," she whispered. "I'm going to find my uncle and a first aid kit. Don't move an inch or you'll make it worse!"

"Don't need to . . .worry about that." Yama replied, sounding tired and weak.

Quickly climbing up onto her feet, she headed for the door. However, she stopped suddenly, turning toward him and smiling faintly. She then left the room and raced down the hall, leaving Yama to finally release his pain. He slammed his fist against the floor and clenched his teeth, letting his entire body collapse as he lay upon the floor. The blood continued to escape his back, and more was suddenly spurted out of his mouth as he began to cough uncontrollably for a moment.

"At least she's safe . . .I don't want any more people to die or leave . . ." he quietly said before coughing again. "How funny though . . .looks like that despite all the friends around me, I'll end up alone in the end anyway."

Suddenly, he heard loud footsteps slowly approaching the room. Yama lifted his head and watched the door, hoping it was Faia or Gorotsuki returning with help or the proper first aid needed for his situation. However, he suddenly witnessed his vision blurring from the lack of blood within his system and as well he felt his entire body weakening. His mind was then taken by fatigue as his eyes crossed and closed, forcing him to fully drift off into a deadly slumber as his blood continued to leave him. As he lay lifeless, a strange figure with a male's build and wrapped in burgundy clothes walked into the room. His eyes were hidden away behind a hair of sunglasses as he walked across the floor toward Yama.

"I must hurry or he will perish," he said.

When he found himself standing in front of Yama, the stranger kneeled down before him and checked the teenager's pulse to find that it had decreased dangerously. Knowing he had to act fast, the stranger then proceeded to wave a hand over Yama's back, causing all of the glass shards to disappear instantly. A hand then entered a pocket within the strange garments and removed two crystals, one shaped as an oak tree and the other shaped as a chain of three triangular mountains with snow covered peaks. He then placed them both within Yama's right hand and closed his fingers over them.

"Don't worry," the stranger said. "Everything will be fine."

He smiled, then stood up and turned to leave. As he did, green and brown energies slowly appeared and emitted from the crystals, proceeding in a mist like energy to surround Yama like a thick fog in the early mornings. It floated all around him for a few moments before the green descending downward and seeping into the wounds of his body. As that happened, the remaining brown mist entered his body as well, only it seemed to incase him suddenly within a brown and green shell.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Holding her open hands up to her broach that was back on her choker so that the palms were facing it, Yuuku kept her eyes closed as her magic searched the shrine area for new energies like Ekishou's, only slightly different. After a moment passed, she opened her eyes and smiled. The light within her amplifier faded, and suddenly she began to laugh with great delight.

"I can no longer sense those aura's," she thought. "It appears as if my magic was successful this time. How wonderful!"

Weakened greatly by the pillar of fire, Ekishou swayed back and forth on her feet before falling sideways to hit the walls of the inferno like prison. She wiped the perspiration from her forehead while struggling at the same time to keep her eyes open. Reaching her hand up toward her power amplifier, she barely managed to close her fist around it as she closed her eyes.

"How am I going to get out of here?" she said weakly. "Toki-Sori . . .anybody . . .I need help . . ."

Suddenly, Yuuku reappeared from the sky, landing on her feet before riding from the ground. She looked toward Ekishou as the warrior of water finally passed out from the lack of energy. Yuuku smiled and waved a hand in front of her, which caused the walls of the pillar to drop. As Ekishou fell forward toward the ground, Yuuku leaped into the air and unleashed a whirlwind kick. The bottom of her heeled boot collided with the side of Ekishou's head, sending her sliding across the cement-tiled pathway. She finally came to a halt by slamming into the base of a tree. She lay lifeless after stopping, which pleased Yuuku greatly.

"This is much easier than last time," she said, smiling in a sly manner. "I could get used to battles like this."

As she watched Ekishou remain immobile and covered with not only cuts and burn marks, but now with blood slowly coming out of fresh wounds, Yuuku was unaware of another presence approaching quickly. The build of the body resembled that of a young male. He ran quickly down the pathway, carrying a spear on his back between a set of green wings. Upon reaching the archway, he leapt up to the top and landed. He knelt down, looking toward the crisis unfolding as Yuuku walked over to the water warrior and kicked her in the stomach. When she was sure Ekishou was completely out of it, the assassin began to cackle as she lifted an electrified hand over the lifeless body.

"Time to say good-bye. Too bad you never gained a chance to return to your native soil." Yuuku said mercilessly.

Gasping, the winged male suddenly leapt up into the sky and completely unfolded his wings, diving down toward Ekishou as Yuuku launched a surge of electricity flying toward the warrior of water. Right before the energy landed, Ekishou was quickly scooped up and flown into the sky. The electricity quickly dug through the tree, causing it to fall over onto the ground a few minutes later. Yuuku growled in anger as she looked up, fists clenching as she watched the two in the sky. The male's entire form could be fully seen. He had blond hair with one side half covering one of his blue eyes. His clothing consisted of a red sleeveless body suit, brown gloves on both his hands, two metallic shoulder pads with two belts around his chest, metal knee pads on both legs, and brown hiking boots. Around his waist was a large, black colored belt with a brown crystal shaped like a chain of three triangular mountains with snow-covered peaks. Holding Ekishou around her waist with both of his arms, he watched Yuuku from down below as her anger continued to rise.

"Well, look at what we have here." she said with a grin. "It would appear that Jishin has decided to join the battle?"

Suddenly, both warriors heard a groan that directed their attention toward Ekishou. She stirred, and then slowly opened her eyes half way. Looking down, she gasped as she discovered that she was no longer on the ground within the fire pillar. She looked around, then upward to see Jishin. Her eyes widened as she saw his face.

"What's going on . . .?" she demanded. "You're a Senkyouden too?"

"We'll talk later. I think there's a greater concern on the ground." Jishin replied.

"You've got that right!" Yuuku shouted.

Giving a sly smile once more, Yuuku raised her katana up and behind her head. She narrowed her eyes toward the two airborne teens as the blade became electrified. She pulled the katana forward and toward the ground in front of her, sending a wave of lightning magic toward Jishin and Ekishou. Quickly reacting, Jishin pulled Ekishou closer as he flew toward the side. The energy flew past them and exploded in the sky as the two landed on the ground. Jishin released his grip around Ekishou's waist, and then smiled as he turned to face Yuuku once again. He then quickly glanced back to look at the blue winged female.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Nodding, Ekishou pulled out her sword from its sheath and gripped the handle with both hands. Jishin reached back, grabbing the upper piece of his spear before pulling it upward and out front. He then grabbed the lower part of the pole and narrowed his eyes as the two faced off against the orange haired assassin. Yuuku snickered, placing a hand on her hip as her smile failed to disappear.

"This should be amusing," she said. "Ekishou of Water and Jishin of Earth think they have a chance."

As they continued to stare off, Jishin gritted his teeth as he glanced back to Ekishou. Suddenly a thought hit her, in that she realized Yuuku had leaked out some information that might prove fatal toward the orange haired assassin. She looked toward him, then quickly placed a finger onto her power amplifier as it began to pulse in sync with her thoughts. Jishin was fully unaware of her actions, especially when his own mountain amplifier began pulsing as well

"Jishin, Yuuku said you're of Earth," she said.

Jishin gasped, hearing her words within his mind. Glancing at the crystal, he figured that was how she was talking to him telepathically. He removed his hand from the lower part of his spear and placed one finger onto his amplifier, causing it to pulse as he continued the mind-linked conversation. His amplifier began to glow brighter as he allowed the telepathic link to connect completely with himself and Ekishou.

"Yeah, so what?" he asked.

"That must mean you can manipulate the Earth Element like I can manipulate the Water Element. Just concentrate your energy on that and you can form a spell to use against her!"

"I'll fight Yuuku while you get a spell ready. I fought her yesterday and I have a small idea of how she likes to fight." she said.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Jishin asked.

"Trust me." Ekishou replied.

Both nodded, then turned toward Yuuku as she continued to watch, keeping her grip on her katana blade tense yet free at the same time. Ekishou's eyes narrowed as her grip tightened in her right hand. Removing her fingers from her power amplifier, Ekishou gripped the handle of her sword. Yuuku smiled, then quickly gathered another surge of lightning energy and fired it. It flew across the ground, tearing away the tiles in the pathway. Jishin reacted quickly, putting his hands out in front of him and raising them upward. The action resulted in a slab of earth to break away from the ground and rise, shielding both himself and Ekishou. The lightning energy slammed into the wall, but disappeared moments later. Seeing a good opportunity, Ekishou clenched her teeth then raised the blade as she raced forward toward Yuuku. Swinging he sword, Ekishou let out a loud battle cry as Yuuku performed a back flip which just happened to hit Ekishou's head with her boot.

"YOU REALLY THINK A WEAKLING LIKE YOU CAN STOP ME!"

As the water warrior stumbled backwards from the attack, Jishin's eyes closed as he slowly became engulfed in a green aura that matched the color of his wings. Everything seemed quiet from his point of view as his energy gathered around him. As he maintained his concentration, he couldn't help but be amazed at his new abilities. He was able to feel the souls of the trees and other forms of plant life, as well as their own individual voices. Jishin felt at peace somehow, even in the midst of the waging battle between Ekishou and Yuuku. Slowly rising from the ground, Jishin's wings unfolded fully and stretched out horizontally. The energy surrounding him brightened and increased as he decided what he would do.

"Guess it's time to see exactly what I'm capable of . . .I hope it's something. That orange haired chick looks like she's playing for keeps."

Ekishou leapt into the air, her ice energy swirling around her arm as an ice shard began to form. Once it materialized, she threw it downward toward the assassin, watching as it covered the distance hastily. Yuuku smiled, and then lashed out her sword to form a fireball that flew up toward the dagger. Both collided, but the shard was instantly reduced to water before becoming steam. The fireball continued flying upward, catching Ekishou off guard. It struck her in the chest and knocked her out cold, causing her to plummet toward the ground. Yuuku smiled as she placed her katana back in the sheath, then unfolded her wings as she flew up into the air toward her opponent, creating a hammer fist. She put all of her strength into her attack as she slammed down against Ekishou's back, causing the blue haired girls form to take on an increase in velocity. She slammed down against the ground, appearing to show no signs of life. Yuuku remained in the air, flashing a grin at her work.

"One down . . ." she sneered.

As the scene unfolded, Jishin's arms were crossed in front of him as his right hand held his spear. A gust of wind suddenly appeared and swept through the trees, pulling away most of the leaves from the tips of the branches. Instead of floating to the ground however, the leaves remained on the wind and flew toward Jishin as his energy continued to increase all around him. The leaves them proceeded to swirl around his form, creating a tornado like affect. Yuuku gasped as she felt a sudden rise in energy pulsing in her head, causing her gaze to be averted from Ekishou to Jishin. Seeing the spell being prepared, she couldn't help but snicker as she crossed her arms in front of her.

"Might as well see what this boy hopes to achieve." she said, smiling once again.

Suddenly, Jishin's eyes flashed open and his green energy burst out from him in all directions. It passed over the many leaves swirling around him, causing them to change their composition and instead of an organic substance they were all metallic. Spotting Yuuku, he lashed out his arms toward her and caused the metallic leaves to fly forward in her direction at a high speed. The female assassin snickered, and then raised her left hand toward the leaves to show her palm. A burst of fire energy shot out, forming a large barrier that caused the leaves to instantly melt and disappear upon impact. Jishin gasped in horror, gripping his spear tightly with both hands as he witnessed his failed attempt.

"This isn't good. How can I beat her when she's got that much strength!" he thought.

Seeing his obvious distraction, Yuuku knew it was the perfect opportunity to attack. While maintaining the firewall, she used her right hand to form a pool of water below the warrior of earth. She gave a sly smile, and then lifted the hand quickly until it was above her head. In tune with her motions, the pool suddenly shot a burst of water upward to strike Jishin and engulf him in a sphere. He cried out and felt his body weakening from both the attack and from the large amount of energy used in his magic, which caused him to black out like Ekishou. The water instantly disappeared, causing his form to fall and hit the ground as well. Yuuku couldn't keep in her contentment, and thus let out a loud maniacal cackle as she floated down and landed on her feet.

"What pathetic Senkyoudens they were!" she declared. "They cannot even defeat me when they out number me!"

As she continued to cackle, there was a sudden flash of energy that appeared in the sky. She stopped as she felt its high energy, then looked up only to see a barrage of fireballs flying down and striking her multiple times. She screamed out as each of the flaming spheres hit her, unable to counterattack or even move. Once the barrage ceased, she dropped to the ground as scratches and deep cuts lined the bare skin of her arms and legs.

"What was that?" she thought. "Those fireballs came out of no where and now I have little energy left! There is no way I can kill Ekishou and Jishin now . . ."

Yuuku frowned, then reached into her fighter gi and pulled out the T-Sphere. She then closed her eyes as the dark energy engulfed her and transported her away. Hiding behind one of the taller trees in the forest, a hand covered with a fingerless glove twirled and griped a diamond staff. It was shaped to resemble the leg of a bird clutching a quartz sphere. All that could be seen of the wielder was a body draped in a sapphire cloak. A smile could be seen on the being's face before it turned around and ducked behind the tree once more. It's cloak flapped in the wind before it too disappeared.

"They'll be fine . . ." echoed a voice.

Time passed and the afternoon was drawing closer toward the supper hour. There was a suddenly groan as Ekishou's eyes slowly opened. At the same time, Jishin was slowly coming around as the two pushed themselves up before climbing to their feet. As Ekishou checked herself over for wounds, Jishin slowly walked over to her. He placed his spear back into the case on his back before stopping in front of her.

"Are you okay Ekishou?" he asked.

Just then, Ekishou growled in anger that confused Jishin greatly. She instantly spun around and lashed out her hand at his face, slapping him hard on the left side of his face. He stumbled backwards a few steps before stopping, and then frowned as he placed a hand to his cheek. Ekishou continued to glare at him, her hand now clenched in a fist as she put her sword away with the other.

"What was that for!" he demanded.

"Of all the people that had to be Jishin, why did it have to be you, Yama Tensai? And another thing, don't EVER touch me again!" she yelled.

"I had to do that in order to save you!" Jishin retorted. "Otherwise you would have been toast!"

"That's not good enough!"

As the two continued to argue, there was a soft laugh that could be heard only at close range up on the trees. Standing atop the highest branch was the cloaked stranger, with its arms crossed in the front and purple wings fully unfolded to both sides. The staff was still in its hand as the being spoke to them self in a female voice to herself. Smiling, the mysterious girl turned to leap down from the trees, landing on the ground in a kneeling position. She stood up, and then proceeded to walk down the pathway into the distance. She soon disappeared, her cloak once again flapping in the soft breeze.

"Those two are Senkyoudens I see," she thought. "But with their current attitudes toward each other, they shall have many difficult journeys . . ."

Closing Thoughts

Gesshoku

What an interesting outcome, I wondered how those two were able to stand each other seeing as Ekishou had chosen to show hatred toward Yama . . .err, Jishin. I mean, those two are total opposites and they were working together just find until they found out who their human forms were. I can't even begin to imagine how they got along before the rest of us returned.

Now it's only a matter of time before the rest of us are found. With Yuuku still on the loose, I hope Ekishou and Jishin will pull themselves together and work as a team until Toki-Sori and Kon-Denkou find the rest of us. If they can't then Kuroi-Sakaime may claim their lives. Good luck to both of you!

(Ending Theme: Last Endless Dreams)