Fan Fiction ❯ Pyro Mechanica ❯ Reappearing Shadows Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

*Pyro Mechanica* Chapter One Part II "Reappearing Shadows"
Pyro Mechanica
Ash Kearsey

Reappearing Shadows
Part II

"Holy shit, did you hear?" The foreign man in the newsstand spoke out loud to a passing customer as he read the paper.
"Hear what?" The awkward man in a tan business suit paused to buy a paper.
"What happened over in the warehouse district this morning?"
"Oh yeah, man, the MPD was completely leveled."
"Who the hell round here is strong enough to take on the whole dame police force?" A look of sheer puzzlement upon his face.
"I'll give yeah three guesses and the first two don't count."
"You don't mean. . . ."
"Yeah didn't you hear, she was declared a threat to society? A price was finally put on her pretty little head. She's a murderer, a terrorist, a ruthless killer. I told yeah; start building robots with A.I. and their take over. There out to seek revenge that's what I think." Both men paused for a minute as a short figure in a black hoody approached the newsstand.
"I need two packs." The low voice asked timidly, keeping their face hidden.
"Packs?" he looked over at the man in the business suit with an awkward glance. "You can't buy cigarettes around here, you know the law. Buuuuut ah, come on back and lemme see if I can't interest you in somethin else." He looked at the man with an apologetic look. "Will you excuse us?" He slammed the gate down and opened the door for the figure to step in. After she was in he locked the door. "Hey man, what's wrong with you, every buyer should know the deal. You don't ask for 'em in broad daylight. That kind a stuff can get me shut down. It may not be illegal for you to smoke 'em but it's illegal for me to sell'em." He shook his head with slight irritation. "Alright, just don't let it happen again. This is my only means a supportin' myself." He pulled up a trap door under the counter. Within was held a large quantity of illegal substances. "Well?" he looked to her questioningly. "What kind ya lookin fer?"
She remained silent for a moment, her hood still up so as not to distinguish her characteristics; she spoke in a low calm firm feminine voice. "I don't care I'll take the cheapest ya got. . . "
He looked at her questioningly. "I . . . see." He dove deep into the box. "Here . . ." he tossed them to her. "Odrig Reds . . . it's as cheap as they come. That's 8.16 pints."
"8.16 PINTS!" she was outraged. "THAT'S ROBBERY!" she growled, but her rant was cut short as he noticed a peculiar smirk upon his face that she didn't' particularly like.
"Per . . . . Pack." He continued to smirk. For a second she thought about pummeling him and just taking whatever she pleased. But with the amount of traffic outside she was sure to be caught. Plus there were very few deals left in Mynas. Ever since it had been made illegal to sell cigarettes, but not smoke them.
"Alright . . . ." a slight low growl escaped her lips as she took out 17 pints and tossed them to him. "Just keep the change, I don't want it." She hated doing that, but she didn't feel like deal with him anymore. She took the two packs and left, he opened the gate once more after she stepped out and struck up another meaningless conversation with pass by customers. She walked down the street a ways pausing on another corner located in the downtown district square. She tapped the pack of cigs against her palm, shot one up and rests it between her lips.
"8.16 pints . . . . . you gotta be shittin me." Pints are small computer chip looking objects used as currency thru ought Mynas. The rest of the world used cash, but Mynas seemed to keep its own exchange rate. Always keeping themselves separate from the world. The exchange rate was about 5 dollars per pint; A hefty exchange rate. And cigarettes, now that they were illegal to sell were not only hard to find. But cost a pretty penny. And, usually, when you did manage to find them their about the only thing in this world kept under tight security so you can't even steal 'em; Thus making them a valuable extremity.
She shook her head as she lit it. Exhaling a large cloud of smoke, hands in pockets, she wondered around, hood up, and staying out of the direct way of people so as not to cause any trouble. 'All I want is to be left alone. Why can't anyone understand that?' She continued to ponder as the horrid memories of her unexplainable past raced through her mind. 'Why does everyone reject and fear the unfamiliar. Why is the world so corrupt?' Staying as hidden as she could, blending within the ominous sea of people. Her memories became flooded of past pain as she droned on with the consequences of her daily life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sound of childish taunting and teasing children echoed thru ought the silent snowy mountain town.
"Stop it . . . please."
"FREAK!"
"HAHA. . . look at all the funky scars."
"Hehe let's see if we can fry her system."
"Yeah, you're a robot right. Hehe, where's a control maybe we can play her like a video game."
"I SAID QUIT IT!" The poor little scarred, tan, green haired girl swung her hand back and accidentally knocked one of the offending children out cold. The other fell and hit their head on a fairly large rock.
"OH MY GODS! HE'S BLEEDING HE'S BLEEDING."
"SHE KILLED HIM" a little girl's voice rang out in horror. "THE ANDROID KILLED A HUMAN."
"I'M NOT AN ANDROID! AND I DIDN'T KILL HIM! He was attacking me all I did was push him away and . . ." she tried desperately to explain the incident as the small crowd of towns people grew closer in around her in a riot. "Please, I didn't do anything . . . please . . ." She shrieked in terror.
Suddenly a stone was hurled through the air in her direction knocking her upside the head. She fell to her knees crying in plea as the other towns people followed in suit. Hurling stones and other large objects at her as she kneel there covering her head. The blood trickled down her head and hands. Another large man came up and kicked her screaming in a furious tone. This man was obviously the father of the boy who had received an accidental ill fate. Not that that boy didn't deserve it, but because of her species, no one would listen. For it is of human nature to reject and fear the unfamiliar. They feared her with great threat and so they found this as an opportunity to rid themselves of the abomination kneeling before them in pain. They cared not that she was only child.
"That was my little boy!" The large man swung struck her with a spiked whip. "Bring him back you filthy undeserving piece of junk!" He struck her again this time ripping a fairly large piece of flesh from her midsection revealing even more wires as blood continued to pour from the wounds. The young girl let out a blood curdling scream and just as he pulled his arm back for the final strike and the other town's people continued to crowd waiting to take their own vengeance upon the abomination, thick thunderclouds gathered and the earth below them began with a strange rumble. The child lay there screaming and bleeding to death in pain and horror; it began to rain wildly and then suddenly right before the spiked whip cracked upon her skin again a blinding flash of light set forth the eternal shrieking screams etched themselves in space and time. The scene went blank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A chill went down Naomi's spine and a tingling sensation was sent through her skin as she glared over in the direction of the mountains border lining the city. She shrugged it off and continued to wander the bustling streets of Mynas; the dark desolate gothic city of corruption and pointless dreams. She peered up at the darkened sky as a light drizzle began to mist over the city. She squinted her eyes as if questioning the clouds, her eyes smiled as if a hidden joke had just popped into her memory; though her face remained as uncaring and unemotional as usual. Then suddenly she gave a nod and it began to rain harder. She watched the hectic people start to clear from the streets and she found it amusing how fast they scampered over each other in order get out of the rain. She wandered the now silent mostly emptied streets; this was the way she liked it. She put two fingers to her lips and gave a slight musical whistle, and sure enough there came Navaruu bounding down the street in a matter of seconds. He nudged her leg and followed by her side as they wandered down the all too familiar dampened emptied streets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One Part II . . . rewritten . . . once again whatdya think?! I really really really need everyones honost to god opinion on it. Even if it's negative. Please; I need everyones thoughts before I start setting it into publications. So here it is. Chapter One Part II, Part III coming soon.

Thanks Again
Much Love
~Asha