Fan Fiction ❯ raptor girl ❯ remember ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“RUN, HURRY!!” a young girl ran past a older woman and man “but…” “GO” she turned and fled but looked back and saw. .
the girl woke up starteled “wow haven't had that dream in awhile she gasped out between gasps . quickly she stood up and turned to get her clothes they consisted of a simple brown dress and long socks she left her house starting the long walk to the village gate. As soon as she was sure there was nothing outside that had the intention of eating her she ran through the forest swerving between trees and there branches hopeing that nothing was around or she'd never see the sunset.
 
Ki was 14 though she looked younger she worked harder than most girls her age. She'd been alone and cast out as long as she had been born. The citizens of this town where nice at first glance but there had been many of time where she had been hurt at there expense. Despite how small she was she had fought the neiborhood boys learn to cook. Neralyu dieing in the process. And became the fastest runner of the town. She worked and went to a school though in the winter work was less pleasant. But in the world that they lived in it was adjust or die. It was like going back to the middle ages. And all because some idiot had to bring back the dinos. to be more specific they not only brought back the herbivore but the carnivores to. And to think that spillburge made some movie about this well something like this, what idiot would let out starved carnivores dinosaurs all over the world in cities and towns, Robert slumbar, the biggest retard on earth.
 
Reaching the village gates she had to get some food as well as some shoes her old one where to worn out. “good morning ki!” yelled the baker, she often worked for her and her husband. “good morning Mrs. Royal” the royals where very nice people they always helped her never yelling like the other villagers.
 
Moving quickly she raced to the middle of the village where other kids her age where. She had made a few friends, but they didn't talk to her the way they used too. The girls had decied finding a husband was more important than friendship. The guys had made a game of teasing her. Seeing if one of them would make her cry , she had lost that ability a long time ago. She had hardly ever showed any emotion on her face when she was alone and they where around. She had befriended some of them, but now they where distant. She was in her seat in a matter of seconds waiting for the lessons to begin.
 
After the lessons where done she picked up a good sized stick and headed to the field where the herbivores where kept. It was dangerous but this was the only job open that actually had a good pay. All she had to do was watch the things if she heard or saw a carnivore she would just stampede the heard to the gate and set off the alarm. That was easier said than done especial since she couldn't keep up with the monsters. Then again that probably why she got the job in the first place.
John was at the gate today which meant if a raptor or a rex showed up she either have to jump on it's back or head into the forest or try her luck and head into open ground towards her home. “I'm gonna die” she said the blood draining from her face. Contiuening she walked through the gate as quickly as she could . outside getting the flock together. Lucky for her there wasn't anyone else with her today so she could partly relax at least as much as a person could in her position. But she could at least study, “thank god for spring”before she sat down and opened her book.
 
In the forest four raptors stood watching the heard. “seems the humans are useful for something” one said sounding similar to a femal voice, “yes we don't have to track much if we just stay on the outer fields and wait. This voice was gruff and wise. “I say we should go now and take one” said one that was younger more rash “we will wait” said another that was slightly older than the one before it. “look there's a human,” they turned and looked at the girl who was sitting over by the tree “I think she's sleeping, ravine , follow her this week and then maybe next we will feed on her herd” the younger one, ravine took a step toards her and the girl sprange up and looked toward the forest. “did she hear, no there hearing isn't that good” the girl was on her feet and the book on her lap tumbled to the ground she did a quick whistle before the heard stared towards the gate others answered her wistel with one of there own as they all headed in then there was a roar followed by another the girl's staff hit the leader with enough force to get it to run followed by the others of her heard and she's trailing behind them running trying to keep up she was halfway to the gate when it closed in fornt of her as the last of her heared dissappers behind it. Hitting the door and yelling for them to open it she turn the rex is heading strait for her and she runs into the forest switching between trees doubleing back and heading towards her home shestop she sees them she's backing away they charge she runs faster now hopeing there's a building she runs in and they leave he has found a way into the village. “Damn it a rex and raptors and that bastartd john wanted to cause her death.” They could hear the girl curse and shout from out side but she quieted down soon the birds where singing and thought they stayed in the trees they where peaceful.
 
I woke up the next day with a slight head ache I hadn't got that much sleep last night I had the same nightmare again but I have to get up and make sure the house is still in one piece and that nothing is rotten before I start towards the village. I fill the buckets with water from a nearby stream, nearby being a few hundred feet, and bathe, grabbing some berries to eat and some bread I pick up the stick and head off to the village.
 
The others left me to watch the girl moth is watching the other hearders that are out earlier, that stays close to the gates we found a small shirdot that wouldn't fill one of us and it still followed me to the girls house I should just kill it. I watch the girl