Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's True Feelings Revealed ❯ Trying To Forget ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Thanks for the reviews! It really helps! I hope you like this chapter, it's got a little more romance in it and there will be a lot more later on. Thanks again for reading and please review!
 
Back in Titans Tower Raven was in the infirmary, she had been resting for nearly two whole days, her cape constantly flashing from royal blue to another of her emotions, almost always red. Beast Boy sat next to her nearly the entire time. When people taunted him about how loyal he was being to a person he claimed to have no feeling for he simply replied he was waiting for her to wake up so he could yell at her, ask her what she had done. He knew he would do no such thing.
 
 
Robin had locked himself up in his room for awhile, avoiding the questions of his teammates. Also trying to figure out what it was Slade had wanted. Was it merely to push Raven beyond control, was it to turn his team against him. Or was his objective simply not achieved. For a long time he pondered over this, Slade had said he knew more about the team than Robin did. What did he know, what was he planning? When Robin finally came out of his room he refused to answer the questions his team buried him in simply replying to each one, “Let her tell you herself. But only if she wants.” Robin had been very distant from his team in the last two days.
Cyborg trained harder than ever, if he hadn't been caught in that net, if he was a little stronger maybe that little boy, all those people. He refused to continue the thought. He tried to figure out what the things Slade had said about Raven meant without succession. Every time he found himself at another dead end he only pushed his workout harder as if it would help him think, leaving him lightheaded at night and sick through the day.
Starfire tried hard to cheer everyone up like usual but wasn't very cheery herself, and when people yelled at her just because she wished to make them feel better only made her feel worse herself. She eventually avoided the rest of the Titans taking long walks outside the tower trying to cheer herself up and take her mind off the awful battle.
 
Starfire had gone by a movie rental place on her way home from a rather calming walk and picked up fifteen random movies she thought her fellow Titans would like as well as two of the largest bags of popcorn she could find.
She found all the Titans and, even if they didn't wish to join, got them to sit in front of there large TV. “We are watching these movies and we will enjoy it.” She had told them but none of them looked very joyful.
At the end of the second movie all of them had had to face Starfire and realized it was not a good idea to leave the couch for any reason and, though they wouldn't admit it, they were all beginning to have fun for the first time in two days. Robin tried standing up one last time, Starfire glared at him, and sighed as he looked to the other Titans. He had to regain control of the group, yes, it had been a long time since the group had lost a battle with an enemy so badly, but Robin knew he couldn't let this be the end of his team. “It's been a long day and Starfire, I think we should all be heading to bed now. I just wanted to apologize, no one is happy about what happened at the bank, and I haven't been any help. Also, I don't think we should tell Raven anymore than she already knows; tell her everything worked out fine. She's got enough on her mind.”
“Does that mean we can't ask her what Slade was talking about?” Cyborg asked.
“You can ask but if she doesn't want to answer I think we all agree it's best to leave her alone for awhile.” After a little hesitation all the Titans nodded in agreement.
“Thank you, Robin.” Raven's voice filled the room, all the Titans looked back at her a smiling growing on each of there faces.
“Oh Raven, we are so glad you are alright! No serious harm as come to you correct?”
“No Starfire, I'm fine.” Raven answered her trying to evade the suffocating hug Starfire was attempting to give her.
Cyborg was next to speak and Raven could easily have predicted what he would say, “Hey Rae, have a nice nap?”
“What do you think, Cyborg?”
Robin walked up to her next. “Hey.” He didn't seem to have much more to say than that though he tried desperately to find something. “Uh, I-” He blushed slightly but his mask hid it. He knew more about Raven than any of the other Titans simply because when she first came he offered to be her friend and she needed someone to talk to. Though he still didn't know what it was Slade was talking about. “Tired?”
Raven didn't even bother to respond; she merely raised an eyebrow at him and turned toward her blabbing teammates.
“So Raven I was wondering,” Cyborg was saying, “Ya think you could clear some-“
“Not now, Cyborg,” Raven tone was slightly angered and very serious.
“Right, sorry.” After that he began to walk off to bed mumbling to himself. Robin followed him, still embarrassed about what he had said, or hadn't said maybe. Starfire gave Raven one last huge rejoicing how happy she was Raven was okay before leaving for bed also. Beast Boy and Raven were the only ones left in the room.
“Uh, morning, or night actually, I mean-”
“What happened?” Raven asked the stuttering Beast Boy.
“What do you mean?”
“You know very well what I mean.” Raven's voice was full of anger, and maybe even a hint of fear. “What happened after I passed out? I know very well when people lie right in front of me.” Almost as an afterthought she added, “And I don't appreciate it.” The glass in the window shattered to pieces but she did not seem to care.
“Nothing happened, Raven, honestly.” It hurt him to lie to her. Why? “I'm just glad you're alright.” He walked over to her letting his feet carry him, not sure exactly what he was going to do. His eyes meet hers full of concern he didn't even know lay in them, or why. Without thinking he reached his hand out trying to take hers. One of the lights above them broke into pieces shattering glass onto the ground. She had jerked away before he realized what he was doing. “Uh, sorry.” She refused to respond but rather turned her heel and walked into her room slamming the door behind. Beast Boy sighed and slowly walked into his own room.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Raven couldn't get to sleep that night. It wasn't only the battle going on inside her head that she continually tried to put to an end, but she couldn't keep her thoughts off of Beast Boy. What scared her the most was that it wasn't her anger she was having to deal with tonight, it was romance, love.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Yes Beast Boy was angry with Raven for ignoring him, for yelling at him, but that anger had already been forgotten. No matter how much he told himself to give up, how many times he told himself it would never happen; he felt strongly attracted to Raven and could not stay mad at her very long. He was so tired of hiding his feeling from her and others, he would tell her soon, he had to.
 
A/N: I hope you liked it, be sure to review and tell me what you didn't or I can't make it any better! There should be another chapter up next week! Thanks again!