Fan Fiction ❯ Reality and Time ❯ The Start ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Reality and Time
Chapter 1
The Beginning
Summary: Rin a mysterious girl with secrets that are out of this world is on a mission to seek out the foretold savior to save her home.
 
Reality and time, always against the inhabitants of the blue star within the Milky Way. Reality shatters hope, illusions, and dreams. Time competes with life. Rin shut her eyes in an attempt block out the chattering noise around her. Peace, it was all she ever asked for. However, the freshmen in room one continued to talk excitedly, failing to notice the murderous glares Rin was sending toward them.
“Umi-chan, do you know who is our sensei (teacher) this year?” one of the girls asked.
“Iie (No),” replied the aqua blue-haired girl, eyes sparkled with curiosity. “Hey, Rin-chan!” she called out, “Do you?”
Raising her head slowly, Rin shot a furious glance at her best friend, and muttered in a monotonous tone, “Iie (No).”
“Oh, come on, Rin-chan,” Umi whined slightly, “don't be like that!”
Unconcerned, Rin turned her attention back toward the window, staring at the world outside.
Meanwhile, in the hallway of Negai (Wish) High, a tall, dark chocolate-haired, Prussian eyed man ran down the hall in a hurry.
“I can't believe this! I'm late!” he groaned. (Now, picture the man in a big bunny suit like the one in Alice in Wonderland and a big clock trailing along with him!)
Reaching his destination, he flung the door open, and entered.
The class one freshmen stared upon the man in front of them with awe. Wrinkled shirt, unbuttoned suit, tie hung loosely around the neck, earring on the left, barely looked a year over 20…this is their new teacher?! Impossible!
Seeing the disbelief look upon his students, the man sweat-dropped slightly.
“Well…um…hi?” he introduced uncertainly. “I'm Sumizome Kaen, you're teacher.”
The class broke out in questions.
“How old are you?” one student inquired.
“Were you late today?” another shouted.
“He looks like bad news,” a whispered was heard.
“I think he's nice,” came a retort.
Kaen smiled weakly at the situation at hand. Ah, what to do, what to do?
“The roll is on the table. It's best if you send it before 8:15,” a voice interrupted his thought.
Turning toward the source of the voice, Kaen found himself staring at a honey brown-haired girl.
“Um…hi,” he squeaked out.
The student reacted indifferently toward his responds, and nodded in acknowledgement. “Call roll,” she merely ordered him.
He nodded, understanding what to do.
“Ok, quiet down everyone! Quiet down!” he shouted. “I'll be calling roll now, say `here' and raise your hand to your name.”
“Aioro!” “Here!” “Kirabiyaka!” “Here!” “Akuma!” “Here!” “Warugaki!” “Here!” “Taiyo!” “…” “Taiyo?”
The class sweat-dropped as Sumizome-sensei looked for Taiyo-san who seated near the window, obvious to the whole commotion.
Finally, Umi called out, “Sensei, Rin-chan is present.”
Kaen looked startled and asked Umi, “Aioro, who is Rin?”
Umi smiled sweetly and jerked her head toward the lonely girl in the corner. “That's Taiyo Rin. She's doesn't talk much and generally withdraw.”
Kaen nodded, it was the same girl earlier who told him to call roll, and marked Taiyo present. “Now, we'll be learning about bisectors and medians!” he said, clapping his hand excitedly and began the lesson.
Time passed, and minutes seem like hours. The class was silent with the occasionally scribbling of pencils on papers. One might have said that the class was well behaved. But in reality, the students were just bored out of their minds.
Meanwhile, in the corner, Rin was trying her hardest not to fall dead asleep. “Interesting” as the subject might be (note the sarcasm) Rin found it difficult to stay awake. Especially with the music Sumizome was playing…it sound like a cross between classic and pop…the horrors!
Looking back up toward Sumizome-sensei…all Rin heard was: “Blah, blah, blah, inscribe circle is—blah, blah, circumscribe circle is—blah, blah, blah…”
With on last effort to focus on the lesson, Rin drifted off the wonderland.
The sun rained its ray softly upon the sleeping Rin, the gentle north wind blow lightly at the green grass, which Rin lay upon. Voices were singing for Rin's awaken, calling out, drawing in, and promising life and adventure.
Slowly, Rin cracked an eye open, awaken from her sleep. “Where am I?” she moaned faintly.
Looking around, Rin found herself in an open field, alone.
“Awaken finally?” a voice asked. “Sleep well?”
“Always,” Rin replied, knowing who the stranger is. “But do tell; why did you bring me here?”
“Are you displeased to be brought back to your mother land?”
“No, but it would seem…rather interesting to suddenly find Rin vanished from the locked room…” Rin smirked slyly at the stranger in the shadows.
“Aren't you so calculating?” the stranger hissed.
Rin merely snarled back.
He is there, you know…” the shadow whispered softly, “in the room. He doesn't remember.”
“Saa…what do I do?”
“Make him remember, bring him back,”
“Easier said than done, my friend,”
“It must be done…our…the crystal…it…it is fading,”
Rin nodded her head reluctantly in agreement. Time and Reality, forever dancing an endless waltz…time running out, reality shattering hope, something must be done and only he could achieve it. “I'll try my best,” she proclaim determinedly.
Rin jerked awake in a startle. Her eyes widen as she grasp for air. Kaen, startled, turned his attention toward Rin; worry was present in his eyes.
“Diaijoubu (Are you ok)?” Kaen asked, concerned.
“Hai (Yes), diaijoubu (I'm alright),” Rin replied, voiced steadied. “Gomen (Sorry), sensei (teacher).”
“Diaijoubu (It's alright),” Kaen smiled warmly.
Rin had an urge to snarl at him, Kaen was just too nice, but held back.
Umi looked at Rin, confused and worried. She knew Rin must have another chat with Shadow again. And whatever they chat about, it is serious. Never had she seen Rin so apprehensive and afraid when awakened.
`The crystal,' Umi thought. `It has to have something to do with it!'
Sighing softly in defeat, Umi started longingly at Rin, begging to be told of the secrets of the crystal. Although, the two of them had been friends for a short three years, they are close. However, despite this fact, Rin keep secrets…secrets that are forever untold.
 
( TBC)