Fan Fiction ❯ Reality is an Illusion ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello everyone! This is my new I want to try and make this a good original story, and maybe, one day, if I think it good enough, publish it. (Please excuse my snort of disbelief here.. ::snort::) If you guys think it good enough, I may reconsider. Constructive criticism is welcome, but please don’t be mean! , Happy reading!


Reality is an Illusion
Prologue


It runs in the family.

It skips a generation.

You’re a special child.

Our ancestors were told this every time some mishap happened or occurred. They were the scapegoats – for reasons no one knew. Whenever someone tried to get to know them, they would be repelled, as if some force field wanted – no – needed to keep them isolated.

Because of this, they turned to each other. They were the same in that they were different. But, Fate, with her tricky hands and even slyer mind, decided to make them enemies. They needed no one in the world, and nearly everyone agreed with her; except Destiny, who had her own plans. She said that people of similar differences, people of the same kind, must stick together in order to survive.

Destiny was overruled, and sentenced to not meddle in the affairs of these particular people. Although everyone knows that when you are told not to do something, you do the exact opposite; Destiny was no different. She gathered only those faithful to her, Time, Chance, and Love, and relayed her plans to their ears only.

The plan spanned a long time in coming; everything had to be perfect, and hidden. These four had decided to set a path in motion that could not be changed. But everyone knows that nothing is certain, even though it may seem that way. There is always an alternative. When these four forgot that, their plan spiraled out of control, and even they could not predict its outcome.

Around this time, our ancestors’ families grew out, and separated. They formed separate clans, and head and branch families were created. Rivalries formed, alliances were made. With rivalries, came uprisings, and disturbances which then led to war. The Higher-Uppers, as they liked to be called, had only wanted peace, but when the selfishness on both sides, between Fate and Destiny met, occurrences that were unheard of, problems unfathomable, began to happen.

The power in our ancestors died out, but not completely. Every few generations or so, one of them would outshine the other, and then would disappear. Of course, everyone back then thought that they just died, but no, there was another plan among the ones with power that was ingrained in their very being – transfer those powers. Thus, Duvakon, non-human beings with immeasurable power, began to appear when the process of transferring the energy went wrong, reacting with the different genetic codes, and corrupting those who strived for more power.

Even with these new beings, the humans continued to transfer their powers. Now though, they only transferred the powers to people from their family; only from head family to head family, and branch family to branch family. The Duvakon continued to transfer their powers until they became smarter, and noticed a way to integrate it inside their bodies, with the result of different types of Duvakon, depending on their certain power.

With the Duvakon being so much harder to defeat, the humans retreated into themselves and by sacrificing many generations’ powers, correctly predicted that one child would appear at the time of greatest need, and have powers beyond belief to save or destroy them all. This prophecy came true, but not exactly how they wanted it. More than one child was born – many more, actually – and not all of them were from the human’s side.

But at this time, a deeper, darker threat was beginning to form under the pretence of the petty war. This evil had no end, and no morals. This evil overtook all of the corrupted humans and Duvakon that it could get its hands on, and used them as pawns in its vile game of deception and lies. Forced to work together, some Duvakon and human factions intermingled, and interbred, resulting in Levia – a cross between the races.

The Higher-Uppers decided they did not like this turn of events, and made all but a select few forget about this battle, and live normal lives – be the lights at the end of the tunnel, the hope that the world will end up like that one day. Half of the children of prophecy, who were going to either save or destroy the world, forgot, until the need desperately arose for them. Something that us, who knew nothing of this conflict, could cling to, as a shred of the life we once lived. Even though we lived oblivious lives, deep down, we knew we would never completely fit it. We were happy children at that time, and then it all changed.

Who are we and who were our ancestors you ask? What was now, and then? These are most likely questions racing through your head. We wonder how many more questions we can conjure before you can’t take it anymore. Well, then, a statement for you that may either explain everything or wash all theories of yours away, a saying from the peaceful, oblivious life we used to lead: ‘Everything in the world works in a roundabout way. If you start something, it must be ended, and if you give something, it must be received.’ If only that were really true.

“But, it’s not, now is it?”

“Oh be quiet. This interruption was not needed.”

“You know what you’re doing, I guess, so carry on.”

Our lives were forever changed, because of one event that wasn’t even supposed to happen. It all started with: ‘These wounds that you see, they are real, and may very well be the death of me. You will be the ones to heal the wounds of others, but your sacrifice will be the shattering of reality as you know it. Be prepared.’


A/N: So? What did you all think? Truthfully, I think I added a little bit too much of myself at the end, but, I tried my best. All criticism is welcome, and if you are confused, well, that’s the point. If you aren’t, or you think you aren’t, tell me your thoughts in a review, and if you’re right, I’ll dedicate a one-shot to you for any topic on to you on my Fanfiction account! Updates will most likely be sparse, but I will try my best! Please review and let me know what you think! Happy Easter everyone!