Fan Fiction ❯ Red X, in...Punked ❯ Fight Night ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I would just copy and paste one of my old ones, but it wouldn't really do this part justice. To start with, I don't own any of the characters, though some of the bad jokes could be mine. And big thanks to CloudsHalo, who offered to let me use his identity for Red X, Kale Riley. This doesn't mean this story is linked to his, though some could see it that way. Also, no offense meant to Billy Idol, whom the other character in this story, Punk Rocket, is based on. I didn't make Rocket, but I find him fairly offensive, and so I just wanted to say that in case any one complains about it, I have no issues with Billy Idol. I actually hope everyone who reads those won't hate it :P And yeah, I just copy and paste this thing from chapter to chapter.
 
 
A/N: Some of this part may seem a little weak, but some of the elements present here aren't actually going to be here for the full fic, if my interest isn't in it. The title itself may also get changed at times.
 
 
 
~The Second Chapter~
 
 
It was your classic Mexican stand-off, more or less. Except of course, one of the three people there didn't actually want to be in the fight to begin with - he'd just used bad judgment and gotten himself involved, even though Punk Rocket was asking for a severe pounding, with his annoying guitar. Raven, though, meant Titans, and Titans meant trouble, especially when at a disadvantage like being out in broad daylight, when it's best to work when it's dark, and perhaps a little cloudy.
 
Red X was standing next to a wrecked car, slouched over a little, several throwing stars in his hands, Raven was levitating a large chunk of rock, and the idiot who started all this, Punk Rocket, was trying his best to look threatening while waving his guitar around. For X, this was not a good day. About five feet away was his backpack, with all his clothing that he wasn't wearing, and his wallet, and about two handfuls of precious stones inside it. He had to grab it before someone blew it up, or tore it apart, then scram and make a hasty run for it, and go invisible when he turned a corner. That was the plan, anyways.
 
First though, he had to take care of this fine little mess he'd gotten himself into. He tensed for a moment then threw one handful of stars at Raven, the other at the peroxided putz. The stars hit the ground and started exploding, and while Raven recovered in mid-air, Punk Rocket went sprawling back into a mail drop-box, tipping it over and landing on his head.
 
`Now that that's out of the way…' X turned to go, running for the backpack and diving, only to have it lift up into the air and fly towards Raven. He slapped the ground with his hands, and pushed himself upwards, like on a spring board, and spun in the air, grabbing her by the collar of her cloak, and then by her mouth, squeezing hard enough to make her let go of the pack so she could try to dislodge him. Then he let go, grabbed the bag, and put it on, even though it did make him look slightly silly, for it was also the safest place for it at the moment.
 
“That wasn't very nice…” she wiped her lip with the back of one hand, making a sour face. “And your gloves taste like dirty socks….”
 
He went red under his mask, almost as red as his x marks, and gave her a mild glare. “And your breath smells like rancid leaves…your point?”
 
Her cheeks went a light red, and her eyes narrowed as she levitated a large portion of the street and threw it at him, causing him to backpedal and jump up, and teleporting over to the museum's ruined second floor, looking down at her, amused. Then, thanks to something called Murphy's Law, another large Doppler wave sent him flying backwards, flipping over a few times before skidding to a halt. `Right, that idiot….'
 
The idiot in question tossed his guitar up in the air and hopped onto it, starting to fly around and cackle stupidly, buzzing the crowd below and zipping around Raven in a really annoying manner, and avoiding all of her attacks with a simplistic ease. Red X looked towards him, then started working it out in his head, then as Rocket started making his sixth circular spin around Raven, X broke out into a run, and jumped out of the shattered window, hitting the teleport key and reappearing right in front of the would-be villain, his left foot extended out. The Skull face on the bottom connected with his nose, breaking it, and sent him falling down to the street below, the guitar sliding into X's hands.
 
As he fell down to the streets himself, he lifted it high over his head as he fell, and smashed the guitar into the asphalt, creating one last mega Doppler wave as the street started to crumble, and everyone present fell down holding their ears, except for the three at the epicenter.
 
 
*****
 
Punk Rocket was whimpering, holding onto the remains of his guitar, while Red X starting coming down off of his adrenaline high, panting hard, with his hands opening and closing. `Well, that was definitely something I DON'T want to do again…'

Raven was still floating, a look of pain on her face as she held her ears, which had threatened to blow near the end, and gave the two men a dirty look. She raised her hands, and chanted, “Azarath Metrion Zinthos,” lifting up two metal cords and sending them flying at them. Rocket was snared in his, but X merely activated his wrists blades and cut through the one heading for him, then reached into his belt and pulled out a small black ball with a red x on it. He threw the ball down and shielded his eyes as it exploded and started releasing a very powerful knockout gas that put everyone in a three meter radius to sleep.
 
Raven tried covering her mouth and nose, but the speed of the attack caught her off guard, and she fell down, hacking and coughing loudly, before hitting the street, completely out cold.
 
 
******
 
 
Raven sat up slowly, a dizzy look on her face, and blinked repeatedly at the sight of Punk Rocket glued down to a still-intact streetlight with a large mass of red constricting gel, one of X's trademark weapons. He was still out of it from the gas, and what was left of his guitar was piled up next to him in a neat arrangement, along with a note with an x mark tacked onto one of the larger pieces. She slowly stood up, brushing herself off, and walked over to it, picking it up and reading it, before her face fell and she sighed in disgust.
 
 
Hugs and kisses, dark girl, but I had an appointment to keep, and a heist to pull, so I left you with the Rocker-reject, along with what's left of his guitar.
--X
 
With a soft growl, she balled up the piece of paper, and threw it down, before reaching into her cloak and pulling out her communicator.
 
“Robin, I'm gonna need some help down here….” She began, her voice deadpanning.
 
 
*******
 
 
The brown-haired young man was laughing to himself, one of the smaller gems in his open hand, occasionally getting flipped up into the air and caught again, the rest in his backpack along with his costume and belt.
 
`Well, that had to be the most fun I've had in a while…even though it was kind of hard on my ears….' He thought to himself, pocketing the jewel and starting to think of what he would do next. `Probably find a fence for all this stuff, and get rich….' He chuckled, whistling again and putting his hands in his pocket. `Maybe I'll pick up an i-pod or something….'
 
He nodded to himself, laughing a little more, and disappearing in the crowd, while Raven was floating overhead, searching in a futile attempt to find Red X, and while waiting for the Titans.
 
`I love it when the good guy wins.'