Fan Fiction ❯ Road to Somewhere ❯ Thick Forest ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This chapter is slightly longer than the other. I think it has a little more action in it. Anywho, I hope everyone enjoys it, cuz I had lotsa fun writin’ it! ^-^ Please, refrain from the flames!

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of LOTR, but I do own my character Hinageshi, Minaki. Please don’t sue, I have no money! ^^;;;

Summary: Hinageshi finds herself in Middle Earth with no idea how to get back home. In her attempt to return to her lonely world, she finds a more suitable life in the fourth age.


Road to Somewhere ~ Chapter2 -~Thick Forest~-


The sun rises, marking the beginnings of a new day. Silence fills a thick forest, not a sound for miles. A sudden flash in the sky and a body and various other things begin to fall at a rapid pace towards the forest floor.

“Oof!,” she groans as the impact sends shockwaves of pain throughout her body. “Heki .Itai,” she cries out in annoyance. “What the hell just happened? I feel like I just got into a nasty fight–and lost.“

Rising to her feet, she stares at the thick forest surroundings with complete confusion in her eyes. Looking around she notices her leather chair, ‘Two broken legs,’ and her night stand, ‘that’s definitely not repairable,’ scattered across the ground in pieces. Observing her current location, she sees her black bag six feet away from her, lodged between two rocks.

Growling in frustration, she stomps over to them and attempts to yank out her belongings. “Where am I?” she questions, while finally tugging her precious bag free.

“Huh. So much for a break,” she sighs. Checking all directions she looks for a clearing. None in sight, she randomly picks a direction and starts walking. As soon as she takes her first step, her sight blurs as a dizzy spell attacks. Shaking it off, she continues.

Hours later, she comes dashing through thick brush, clothes torn head reeling. ‘I’m so tired. Last night’s incident must be to blame,’ she sighs with exhaustion. ‘Why is this happening? Is someone behind this, or was it some mysterious coincidence?’ Relaxing, she closes her eyes. ‘This isn’t the first time something like this has happened. I’ve encounter demons and magic and all of that other crap. I doubt this is any different,’ she confirms.

“Gotta keep moving.” Huffing, she takes on a slower pace. Her eyes widen as she sees a clearing up ahead. With renewed strength, she starts running towards it in the hopes of finding someone that can help her. ‘It’s at least a hundred yards away. Come on. I can make it!’

As soon as she reassures herself, out of nowhere a giant spider grabs her by the ankle, immediately dragging her body back. Her instincts kick in just as her foot reels up, strikes down with lightning speed and connects with the massive creature’s hideous face.

Jumping up, she turns to the monster ready to fight when her body screamed out its fatigue. Her knees began to buckle as her strength starts to falter. Shocked, she gathers her wits and turns to run.

The ground shakes as two more spiders land 5 feet in front of her. ‘I’m surrounded. I have to do something!’ she screams to herself, frustrated.

Out of its dazed state from her kick, the first spider screams out and all three creatures motion to jump at her all at once. In the last second she throws herself past a space between two of the beast. Not wasting any time, she tries to dash off without bothering to watch her predators collide. Not seeing one of them recover.

Before she could even get a good run going, both of her ankles are snatch up and she is thrown across the forest and smashed into a tree. A terrifying scream rips through the forest as body connects with bark and the faintest sound of ribs cracking reaches her ears.

True fear filled her heart and eyes, but she refused to let her face give away her emotions. Just as the fear want to flood her emotions, it left as anger began to rise. She screams at herself, ‘This is ridiculous! I refuse to be beaten by mere insects. I’ve fought worse, I can do this!’ Slowly rising, she steadies herself with the tree, when she feels the hot, foul breath of her enemies, making her blanche.

Together, the three creatures rise up and pull back there front legs and upper bodies, ready to attack all at once. With great force, they move in at a swift rate with mouths open, ready to devour their weakened prey.

Then, ––a barrage of arrows fly out of the tree tops moving with silence and speed. Every single projectile hitting its mark and sending all three beast flying backwards at an alarming rate and smashing into the ground. In the blink of an eye, three figures jump out of the trees, two heading for the fallen creatures to finish the job and the other towards her.

Wary of her saviors’ intentions, she cringes back, causing her broken ribs to poke her lung. Thrown into a gasping fit, she feels herself collapsing. Tightly shutting her eyes, she waits for the hard impact, but instead feels soft, strong arms catch her. Looking up, she takes in sky blue eyes filled with concern, and everything goes black…