Fan Fiction ❯ Sacred Pentacle ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Ajine was walking around searching for Mizumeko on the hallway near the auditorium while Gekuren, Denra and Mizumeko were walking to the exit. When all of a sudden Gekuren saw a girl he thought was Denra on the other side of the glass wall. But Denra was right beside him, walking. When he looked again the girl on the other side was gone.
 
“What is it?” Denra wondered he seemed to be distracted.
 
“I think I just saw you there…” Gekuren sounded confused.
 
Mizumeko grinned and then laughed aloud. “He's going nuts of course you'll see two of her that happens to be a glass wall,” he kept on laughing.
 
Denra tried her best not to laugh so she won't offend her confused boyfriend.
 
 
I'll be seeing ya Mizumeko,” Denra began. They were already at the parking lot of the school getting ready to leave.
 
“Yeah. Whatever.” Mizumeko yawned to vex Denra.
 
“You `lil twirp!” Denra got his ear and pulled it.
 
“Stop that you two. It's getting pretty late. We better leave.” Gekuren told them.
 
“Fine,” said Mizumeko.
 
“We'll just tell Nekuri that we met you… at least we only need to find one more.” Gekuren spoke again as Denra rode the motorbike. He put his helmet on.
 
“You do that,” was his reply and the two sped off…
 
Mizumeko watched the vehicle leave when a sudden fist hit his head making a swollen bump appear on his head. “What the - “
 
“I've been looking all over for you. Do you know how long I've been roaming around, searching for you!!?” It was none other than Ajine.
 
“It only goes to say that you're not at all a good seeker.” Mizumeko said to her.
 
Another fist hit his head. “We aren't here to play `hide and seek'. Let's get home before I hurt you for real.” And she dragged him to the bus stop.
 
 
Gekuren kept thinking of the girl in the mirror - as addressed by Mizumeko. She looked a bit sad, she wore her hair different from Denra, and her clothes as he remembers were almost the same shade of her golden hair while Denra was wearing a denim jacket over her green blouse.
 
“Gekuren? Are you alright?” Denra asked him, worried.
 
“It's nothing really…” he forced a smile despite his confusion. Actually, he doesn't know why he's giving much of a damn about that. Maybe because of the fact that he feels that Denra is not herself and that secretly he hopes she's some kind of an impostor and the other girl he saw was the real girl he fell in love with generations ago.
 
Denra opened the door into the condominium. She went straight to the kitchen, “Do you want anything?”
 
Gekuren heard her as he sat himself down on the couch. “No thanks…” he rested his eyes.
 
He felt the couch lower as it would if somebody would sit on it. It was Denra of course. She sat beside him, putting her cheek against his shoulder.
 
“Gekuren?” she whispered softly as if checking if he was awake.
 
“I'm awake. I'm sorry if I'm distracted recently. It seems I'm making you worry,” he said.
 
“It's okay…” She sat up and drank from the can of soda, she brought from the kitchen. “Next time we go out… let's take my car. I mean the air is real filthy especially during traffic. I can't bear with that and there were really many mud puddles on the road so I got lots of mud spots on my expensive shoe!!!”
 
Gekuren opened his eyes wide and stared at her. Not this again.
 
“What?!” Denra didn't understand why he was staring at her like that. “I'm actually very thankful that my friends didn't see…”
 
“If you don't like to be seen with me then you shouldn't have come at all!” He stood up and walked to his room.
 
“I didn't mean it like that.” She followed him but he shut the door on her face. “FINE!!” She got angry too and she went to her own room.
 
 
Ajine was in her bed though she kept on tossing and turning… another vision; there was it again the bloody place of war and the five people but this time her voice was in unison with theirs as they chanted. Great light filled the entire place…
 
Next, she was in a beautiful green field, with a huge cherry tree with all the cherry blossoms being blown by the wind.
 
“It's so beautiful…” she said to the person she was sitting with but she could not actually see his face, “Ruen?”
 
“I knew you'd love this place…” the voice was a man's, “Midori…” he called her. “Will you marry me?”
 
“Aaahh…” Ajine woke. That was all just a dream. “What's happening to me!” she screamed.
 
Suddenly the door opened and her grandpa entered.
 
“You're sleep-walking again…” she murmured with a grin.
 
He suddenly hit her on the head and then he left. “Noisy kid!” he mumbled as he walked out the room.
 
 
The alarm clock rang and Gekuren reached for it but then he lunged too far. He did manage to get the clock but he ended up on the floor. “What a way to start the day,” he murmured and put the clock down on the dresser.
 
And there was a knock on the door and as it opened, he saw Denra still in her nightgown. “I heard the alarm clock so I assumed you're already awake.”
 
“Go on…” he opened the blinds and sunshine came bursting in.
 
“I'm sorry for being such a jerk. I guess I was just raised like this, this generation… rich, beautiful and everything but it doesn't mean I'm not me anymore. I'm still your Midori…” she said.
 
“My Midori…” he murmured as they embraced. It was true. She is Midori unmistakably her… and yet Gekuren could not eliminate his doubts…
 
 
There they were again, the same five people and she was with them.
 
“You can't defeat me!!” a voice thundered.
 
“Let's go!” said a woman's voice but she didn't listen. She remained in her stance and then readied to pull her sword to make an attack on cue.
 
But then the enemy hit her with his quick assault and said, “I got you. Awaken… evil one… Rise and embrace your demonic nature.” It was the same voice.
 
She screamed as black flames engulfed her. The other four could do nothing.
 
Every single second was pure pain and then it came to a swift stop. She opened her eyes and the black flame was now a shapeless blob before her. In time, it formed a human figure and soon she found herself staring at her own face.
 
Not a mirror… nothing like a mirror. She had an evil smile on her face.
 
“Evil Midori…” said someone and the girl before her tried to strangle her.
 
“Help!!” she cried out.
 
 
Help me!!!!” She screamed out of terror.
 
“Ajine wake up! You're dreaming again…”
 
Ajine opened her eyes and found herself in her good old classroom. What a horrible nightmare.
 
“You should be thankful there's no teacher or else you would be scolded again,” her violet haired seatmate told her as a matter-of-factly.
 
“I know. I know, Sasaya, but I couldn't help it,” was Ajine's reply as she sat upright on her chair.
 
The school bell rang… Recess… Two girls went to Sasaya and Ajine.
 
“Sasaya did you see Monomi this morning?” asked a girl with dark brown hair and same color eyes.
 
“Let me guess… you and Rika saw him at the soccer field,” Ajine said dryly.
 
“How did you know?” Rika wondered. She had boyishly short rose pink hair.
 
“Duh? …He goes there every morning to practice,” Ajine informed.
 
“But I rarely see him!” Sasaya pointed out. Her red eyes were like small flames.
 
“That's because you're usually late for school,” said the other girl.
 
“Rui!” Sasaya squealed her name.
 
“It's calling you to come to school early.” Rui rubbed it in.
 
“Why do you like that guy anyway?” Ajine blurted out.
 
“ARE you BLIND!!” Sasaya and Rika shouted in unison.
 
“He's the most gorgeous and athletic and best soccer player in our loving alma mater,” Rika said, her wide black eyes filled with admiration.
 
Sasaya nodded. “And he's really nice. One time I called him and he was so kind, modest and everything.”
 
Rika's and Sasaya's eyes were both oh-so full of hopes…
 
“Let's leave these two.” Rui bid Ajine to come with her.
 
“Okay…”
 
When the two realized it, their two friends were already gone. “Where'd they go?”
 
 
So are you happy with your relationship right now?” Ajine brought up the subject of Rui's boyfriend. They were seated on the metal swings by the side of the quadrangle.
 
Rui blushed, hugging the vibrant blue wool sweater that was part of their school uniform.
 
Ajine smiled. She was glad her friend seemed happy. She undid the blue ribbon on her collar and unbuttoned the button nearest to her neck. Their uniform comprised of a long sleeved button down white polo and a pleated dark blue skirt and a blue sweater for cold weather.
 
“He rarely calls me now… but I understood that he has to work and study at the same time too,” Rui spoke.
 
“When's the last time you saw him?”
 
“Two weeks ago… I think.”
 
“That's really long,” Ajine reacted.
 
“I know.”
 
“Where does he work?”
 
“Yuwakawa Restaurant near Anruto University.”
 
“Let's visit him then.”
 
“WHAT!!”
 
“Why not you said it yourself that you haven't seen him in days.”
 
“But…”
 
“Don't worry Sasaya has her car and Rika studied there in her younger days surely she would know were that restaurant is…”
 
But…” Rui was still unsure if this was such a good idea.
 
“Don't you want to see him?”
 
“…I do.”
 
“Then let's find Sasaya and Rika and tell them we'll go after school.” Ajine pulled her by the arm.
 
 
Yuwakawa Restaurant.
 
“You're late!” someone greeted Gekuren as he entered.
 
“Sorry… traffic…” he reasoned as he scratched his head.
 
“Traffic?!? …You live just five minutes from here!” the fat master chef scolded, his gray mustache curling up.
 
“Cut him the slack… I'll handle him,” was Gekuren's saving voice of authority. She was a tall and slender woman with narrow yellow eyes and sleek black hair. She wore plain fitting gray blouse and denim skirt that reached her knees.
 
“Ms. Fuyure…” the fat chef retreated to his kitchen.
 
“Thank you, Nekuri…” Gekuren said when the chef was gone.
 
“What happened to you?” she asked and threw him a tray.
 
“I felt an evil presence as I was on my way,” he confessed. “When I was able to find it, I was faced by a huge monster. I was thankful we were far from humans… I destroyed him successfully.”
 
“Good,” was all Nekuri could say as she closed the cash register.
 
“Is this a sign of the danger that will come upon us?” was his question.
 
“It certainly is.”
 
 
Let's go!” The four friends went speeding to go to the Yuwakawa Restaurant. They passed Mizumeko who was standing alone by the school entrance gate, in his dark blue uniform.
 
Behind the shadows, a hidden evil was lurking. Slowly and secretly, it readies to attack Mizumeko from behind. Yet before it pounced, Mizumeko turned and glared at it with fierce eyes and it suddenly burst into flames.
 
“Pathetic…” he said with dissatisfaction. He turned to his left to find Kaimaru standing by the gate where the red Ferrari just came from. “Hey.” He greeted casually.
 
Kaimaru looked serious, his green eyes staring at Mizumeko. “You promised to take care of her.” He spoke with harshness.
 
“I will. Just as promised. You don't need to worry.” Was Mizumeko's answer, looking up to meet Kaimaru's intense gaze. “Don't you trust me, Creilmaster?”
 
“I trust the gods but not you.” With this Kaimaru walked away.
 
Mizumeko watched him as he slowly trekked away from the school, until he no longer saw the dark blue uniform that Kaimaru also wore.
 
 
Aaahh…” one screamed as a wooden katana flew upwards.
 
“You okay?” a long dark purple haired girl asked and helped Denra to stand up.
 
“You're so mean. I told you to go easy on me,” she fumed, refusing the offered help.
 
“Don't get angry with me now. You're the one who asked the favor and you won't learn anything if we don't fight!” the girl walked to leave.
 
Denra remained there on the floor. She had asked that girl to teach her some sword fencing techniques, believing that might help her regain her skills. “I'm hopeless.” She crouched to hide her face.
 
 
Don't you think you're going too fast?” Ajine told Sasaya. They were zigzagging their way through all the cars in the highway. Ajine's yellow hair was tangling all over her face.
 
“No! Rui needs to see Ken before his shift ends,” Sasaya answered.
 
“Yes!” Rika agreed. She and Rui had gotten dizzy because of Sasaya's fast driving.
 
“Thanks Sasaya. You're a real friend,” Rui managed to say despite her dizziness.
 
Sasaya glanced at the side mirror and noticed something. “Someone is following us,” she spoke.
 
“What!! At this speed?” Ajine couldn't believe it but she did see a car following their zigzagging.
 
When the road finally cleared of all the slow-moving cars that blue car still pursued them. Ajine tried to see the face of the driver but a shadow cast upon him. The said car was gaining fast.
 
“If he thinks he can out run me. He's wrong.” Sasaya said her fiery eyes full of determination.
 
“Sasaya…” Ajine warned.
 
“Hold on tight everyone…” Sasaya changed the gear and stepped harder on the gas pedal. The car zoomed away.
 
 
Denra walked alone at the school parking lot. It was already late afternoon and there were a few cars. As she neared her own vehicle, she heard something. She turned and saw an ugly dark green monster coming her way. It was twice her height and it had a long red tongue dangling from its asymmetrical face.
 
“Oh no…” she looked around but there was no one else around. She didn't know what to do.
 
As the monster advanced, “Wait!” she suddenly said to it. “You're so handsome and everything… you look like the devil himself. Could you please wait here a moment while I get a camera.” She marveled and the monster stood still.
 
“Here you go… say cheese!” but instead of a camera's light flashing on the face of the monster, a huge rock hit his face.
 
Denra laughed at her short lived triumph.
 
This made the monster furious and he attacked her. Then suddenly he was frozen and was sliced into half then it vanished.
 
A familiar figure standing nearby caught Denra's eye. He had layered green hair and courageous brown eyes. He seemed a little skinny in his light brown uniform but his stature was very intimidating. “Ukyo,” she whispered
 
“No… now it's Hitei, Hitei Miyamoto.”
 
 
Sasaya's Ferrari went to a swift halt in front of the Yuwakawa Restaurant. Just in time, as a guy with groovy blond hair was about to leave.
 
“There he is!” Rika said with her finger pointing straight at him.
 
Ken was dumbfounded, wondering why some girl in a red Ferrari was pointing at him.
 
“Rui go to him.” Ajine practically pushed her out of the car. The two were left to talk…
 
“We better park and then we'll eat here,” Sasaya said.
 
As they went inside Ajine saw a familiar motorcycle parked by the side of the restaurant. It was a Harley Davidson.
 
“Could it be?”
 
Nekuri looked up and saw three girls in blue school uniforms entering… “Waemono, I think our master chef needs you inside,” she told him.
 
“Oh… okay.” Gekuren immediately obeyed without question.
 
Nekuri picked up an apron, put it on and took the notepad on the counter.
 
 
I just saw him…” Ajine was very excited.
 
“Who?” Sasaya wanted to know.
 
“Rui and Ken look cute together,” Rika mentioned as she looked at them through the glass window.
 
“The guy I told you about… I just saw him go inside the kitchen,” Ajine answered.
 
“The guy on the Harley and in the auditorium?” asked Sasaya.
 
“Yes!” Ajine screeched. “Look there he is…” And Gekuren went out, took something from the bar, and then went inside again.
 
“I see you've got your eyes on Waemono there. Gekuren Waemono… good man.” Nekuri was now standing before them.
 
Sasaya, Rika and Ajine looked blankly at her.
 
“I didn't mean to startle you. I'll be your waitress,” said Nekuri, her golden yellow eyes flashing.
 
“Okay. So this Gekuren guy… he works here?” Rika blurted out.
 
“Rika!!” Ajine deliberately stepped on Rika's foot.
 
“Ouch!! Hey, I'm helping you here!”
 
“Yes… He's a good friend of mine.” She handed them the menu. “If you want I could call him to this table and make him serve the food you order,” Nekuri suggested.
 
“Hey!” It was Rui with Ken.
 
“I didn't know you serve too Ms. Fuyure,” Ken spoke.
 
“Ken… well at these times I do.” She sounded a bit rude and Ken looked a little surprised.
 
“We better leave now. After all we still got school tomorrow…” Rui said.
 
“So - rry.” Sasaya told Nekuri with regret.
 
“Nice talking to you…” Ajine said to her and they all left.
 
 
As soon as Ajine and her friends were gone, another vehicle, a Honda CRV pulled over the driveway. It was Denra and Hitei.
 
“Good afternoon. Ms. Yuwakawa,” one of the employees greeted her.
 
“Good afternoon,” she greeted back.
 
And they made their way through the tables and chairs.
 
“Waemono…” Nekuri called out loud.
 
“Yes…” he immediately came.
 
“Hi!” Denra was now sitting by the counter.
 
“Hi… Ukyo?” Gekuren was caught unawares.
 
The boy beside Denra smiled.
 
“So you found him.” Nekuri said as she examined him from head to toe.
 
“His name is Hitei now,” Denra informed.
 
“How'd you find Denra?” Gekuren asked him, leaning over the counter.
 
“I saved her,” was the brief reply.
 
“Saved her?” Nekuri echoed.
 
Denra shrugged, “Yeah. He's really so cool, a monster attacked and he arrived just in time,” she explained.
 
“I see. It seems everyone is being targeted now,” Gekuren observed.
 
“So it seems…” Nekuri commented as she continued drying a wine glass using a towel. “I think its time I tell you of our current situation.”
 
“Yes,” Denra agreed.
 
“But I want us to be complete and we can meet in a good place. I'm pretty sure more demons will come after us,” said Nekuri.
 
“All right… we better get Mizumeko,” Gekuren spoke.
 
“When do we meet?” came a question from Hitei.
 
“I'll just tell you. Don't worry I'll come to you by your dreams…” with this Nekuri returned the cleaned wine glass and went to kitchen.
 
“Where do you live, Hitei?” asked Gekuren.
 
“A few meters from here. We just moved two days ago,” he answered.
 
“So that's why I haven't seen you before,” Denra declared.
 
“Denra. I have my Harley with me.”
 
“It's okay. I'll drive Hitei to his house anyway.” She told him with a smile.
 
 
See ya tomorrow.”
 
“Bye.” Ajine walked to her house.
 
And suddenly she was in a battlefield. She was sword fighting with a guy in old-fashioned armor. She was able to outsmart her opponent to lose hold of his sword then she plunged her sword into him. He fell to the ground… dead.
 
“Midori,” someone called and she was able to avoid the deathblow that came unto her.
 
“Thanks Ruen,” she said loudly so he'd hear her.
 
She looked around. Another guy was battling five men but he was able to knock them all easily with his extreme speed or was he teleporting. And then a woman stood before a dozen men who now lay on the floor with white ghostly figures around her. A boy, years younger than her suddenly let out a gigantic flash of light that sweeped the entire place before him clean. All of a sudden, a big weapon almost sliced her head off. But with awesome power and technique, she knocked the giant down.
 
Ajine stumbled to the floor when it was over. She was about to open the door when she overheard her grandparents talking… but she could not really hear everything because they talked softly or they were just too far away from the door.
 
“No more money… That's unbelievable… Can't anymore send to school,” was all she could understand but she knew what these mean.
 
Ajine sighed then she leaned on the front door. The door went open and she fell down all over again.
 
“Ajine… I didn't know you were here,” said Yaren who opened the door for he planned to go out.
 
“Don't worry grandpa, grandma I'll work for my schooling. I can handle that,” she said in a determined voice.
 
“Good for you!” came Yaren's reaction.
 
“I knew we can count on you. Actually our neighbors, the Koredo's need a helper…” Sharei, her grandma suggested.
 
“The Koredo's… helper… I,” Ajine didn't like this idea.
 
“Now… now, Ajine you said you wanted to work,” she pointed out.
 
“Wanted - I need to… but - “
 
“What do you mean `need to'?” Yaren didn't understand.
 
“I overheard you and grandma talk about our money shortage,” Ajine confessed.
 
“But we were talking about an old friend of ours who has a kid he can't afford to send to school anymore,” Yaren explained.
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“I already promised Mrs. Koredo that you'll be glad to take care of Mizumeko. He's going away this Friday so you'll be going with him… like it or not,” Sharei told her.
 
“Why!!!!! WHY ME!!!”
 
 
The next day…
 
“I still can't believe school is almost over.” Sasaya was talking to her friends. They were sitting on the bare wooden floor of the fencing club hall. She had her violet hair parted in the middle with both ends pointing to different directions.
 
“Yep… Finally. The test today was real hard,” Rika mentioned running her right hand over her boyishly short rose pink hair. She then shifted her position from an Indian sitting position to bending her two legs and resting them flat on the floor with her two feet close together.
 
“Tell me about it!” Sasaya rolled her reddish eyes. She brushed off some stray hairs that clung to her long sleeved white polo.
 
“Please. Let's not talk about that!” Rui's dark brown eyes looked tired. She was sitting beside Rika. “I feel I stayed up all night for nothing.” She said as she brought out a brush to comb her shoulder level dark brown hair.
 
They were watching Ajine fence. She had her gorgeous blond hair tied tightly and high on her head. In fact, she resembled a samurai. Her usually happy blue eyes were sharp and fierce. Kaimaru, on the other hand, had his usual hairdo—black hair drowning in stronghold gel. His green eyes seemed excited and ready to fight. Both wore traditional, samurai costumes, red for Ajine and blue for Kaimaru.
 
“Don't you think Ajine and Kaimaru would be cute if they were a couple?” came Rika's question, her big black eyes suggestive.
 
“Yeah. If only that is…” Sasaya replied as a matter-of-factly.
 
“Why is that? I mean they are good friends and have known each other since… who knows when…” wondered Rui.
 
Ajine and Kaimaru bowed before each other. Then at the same time they stepped one foot back as they pulled their respective katanas.
 
“I don't know either. Kaimaru is actually kind of cute but looks a little arrogant.” Rika spoke her mind. “And he is like moving, right?”
 
“SSshhhh!” Sasaya shushed. “It's about to start. Let's talk about that later.” She dismissed.
 
The middle aged man of straight blue hair, the sensei, gave the signal and they began to duel. They were giving each other powerful blows that the other miraculously evaded. Both were truly skilled and at par with the other but…
 
“Kaimaru's really great but Ajine is extremely the best!” some guy said out loud.
 
As if on cue, Ajine was able to outwit Kaimaru and sent his bamboo sword, katana, sliding to the floor. He fell backwards and as he tried to stand up. Ajine pointed her katana to his neck.
 
“WIN!” the sensei declared.
 
Everybody applauded.
 
“You okay?” she withdrew her katana and offered him a hand.
 
“Perhaps you should now call me `Kaimaru, the fallen…' ” He said as he took her hand and stood up. “Can't believe you beat me again. For five years you've defended the title that I once owned. To think I taught you all you know.”
 
“Technically you didn't teach me all I know. Sensei did.” She teased and brushed the sweat off her forehead.
 
“Haha! Funny. Congratulations A, once again you've made your master proud.” He put out his hand
 
“Thanks K. It's always a pleasure.” She gladly shook his hand.
 
“Ajine, you have done it again, five time champion of the fencing club. You've beaten Kaimaru's four time record.” Their sensei spoke with utter happiness.
 
All crowded over Ajine and Kaimaru. Everyone congratulated them on a job very well done.
 
 
A kid with glasses made his way through the tables, chairs and customers in the half-filled restaurant. He seated himself by the bar.
 
“Mizumeko, right?”
 
He looked up and recognized her. Her sleek black hair tied low on her back and her yellow eyes glistening with the restaurant lights. “Nekuri.”
 
“Why are you here?” she asked as she finished counting the money.
 
“To talk of course,” he said plainly. “Orange soda please…” he placed some bills on the counter.
 
Nekuri automatically got a glass and filled it with orange soda then put it before Mizumeko. Afterwards she took the money, punched some buttons on the cash register then gave him his change.
 
Mizumeko took a sip of his drink.
 
“Denra has found Ukyo.” Nekuri began.
 
“Yes I've heard,” was his brief answer.
 
“You live far from here…” she said.
 
“I know. I know what you're trying to say as well…” Mizumeko said sharply, his black eyes with meaning. “But… I haven't told the rest like you.”
 
“Why is that?” she sneered.
 
“The same reason why you haven't told them yourself,” he shot back.
 
Nekuri narrowed her eyes. She wasn't sure what his statements meant.
 
“Don't get all angry now…” he sounded apologetic. He was staring at his glass… “Don't call upon her just yet. It'll confuse her…”
 
“Alright, but don't tell them either surely they'll be shocked.” She almost commanded.
 
“Indeed,” he made one last sip of the soda and finally stood up. “I shall take my leave now. After all a kid like me shouldn't be wandering off at this far place…” He smiled at her and walked his way out.
 
She could not help but think… he reminded her of something… or someone but then her face darkened. She bowed her head allowing some of her hair to conceal her face.
 
“Ms. Fuyure?” someone called her. “Yes…” she immediately recovered.
 
 
Another one came: she stood there. It was a cemetery. She was there with two people; a younger boy and another guy, they both seemed familiar. The guy was the one she called Ruen and the other boy was the sorcerer both in the other visions… They stood before two graves…
 
“I still can't believe that they're both dead…” she squealed and then she burst into tears all over again.
 
Ruen comforted her.
 
“It's the reality. We are all human and we'll die but don't worry we'll live again. In another place… and time.”
 
Ajine woke up.
 
“Hey sleepyhead!” said Sasaya. Her four friends were seated at a table.
 
“I thought you were gonna sleep through our last day of school,” Rika spoke.
 
“Last day…” Rui echoed with sadness.
 
“Rika! Look its Monomi!” Sasaya almost shouted.
 
Rika and Sasaya were so glad all of a sudden. A gorgeous and tall blond quickly passed their table.
 
“Do you two realize that you're no longer gonna see him next school year because he is moving, I think this Thursday…” Ajine informed.
 
“I need to call and say goodbye then,” Sasaya muttered.
 
“I have to find a new hunk to replace him then.” Rika spoke her mind.
 
“Definitely,” Rui agreed.
 
Ajine thought of Gekuren, He's so handsome, when will I see him again, but the words of the boy in her vision came to her.
 
“In another place and time.”
 
“AJINE! You're drifting away again!” came another voice that sounded annoyed.
 
“I'm so sorry,” Ajine apologized.
 
“Lately, it's either you're drifting away into deep thought or you're sleeping on us…” Rika said.
 
“A thousand pardons…”
 
“Are you sure you're alright?” Rui wondered.
 
“I was thinking about what'll happen to me this vacation,” Ajine lied.
 
“It'll be fun. Vacations are always fun. If you want we could go out and everything,” Sasaya suggested.
 
“Not me…” Ajine replied.
 
“What do you mean?” Rui wanted to know.
 
“I'm stuck to baby-sitting the Koredo snob…”
 
“You mean the kid - “
 
Ajine cut Rika off. “Yes… the pesky spoiled rotten brat who lives just next door. It seems he's leaving to go some place and I'll be paid to take care of him.” She told them with her fate this vacation.
 
“You poor soul.” Rui patted Ajine's head. “I'll pray for you.”
 
“I'm not dead you know!” and they all laughed.
 
 
Hitei!” someone called him. He was in the forest near his own home. He stopped running to see who called him.
 
“Denra…” he greeted her with a warm smile. “Why are you here?”
 
“Am I disturbing you?” she walked to him. She was wearing her school uniform that comprised of a white blouse and light brown pleated skirt that covered only half her thigh.
 
“No. I was just training…” he answered. He instantly got a hand towel and dried his hair.
 
“Ohh…” There was a touch of sadness in her tone.
 
“You okay?” asked Hitei.
 
“I just remembered that I have no powers. How am I suppose to be a holy warrior if I can't even defend myself…?”
 
“What do you mean? You've always depended on your trusted sword skills before and you've always been great,” he mentioned.
 
“Yes… those sword skills. I remember how I used to kick butt but now I can't even do basic stuff. I don't know how it happened, when I was born at this time… I just can't handle a sword like I used to…” Tears started to fill her blue eyes.
 
“Please stop. Things will be better…” He touched her shoulder.
 
Denra was about to hug him when he suddenly panicked and pushed her before she even got close.
 
She was quite confused and he looked surprised himself perhaps because of his own actions. They just looked at each other for a while then Denra shifted her gaze to the blue sky…
 
“So why are you here anyway?” he repeated his question that broke the awkward silence between them.
 
“Well since we're leaving for Suraita. Gekuren told me that the three of us should go together, so we'll be picking you up this Friday,” was her reply.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“What do you mean `what do you mean' Hitei you've been acting pretty weird,” she spoke her mind.
 
He shrugged. “Really, I don't know what you're saying,” he admitted, his brown eyes sincere.
 
“Stop joking. Of course you do! Nekuri told you like the rest of us. She always likes to call onto us as a group.”
 
He bit his lip then shook his head, “No. She didn't call me.”
 
“That figures. I'll tell you then. She says we'll meet her at Suraita and we'll be staying at her home there. She'll meet us at the station,” she informed him.
 
“How long will we be gone?”
 
“She didn't say anything. We might even spend the whole summer vacation there,” she guessed.
 
“I'll just meet you Friday then…”
 
She nodded.
 
“Okay. See ya.” He bid farewell and ran off to the forest.
 
“Truly strange!” she whispered as she headed back to her car.
 
 
Ajine walked with haste to the bus stop. School was officially over and she wanted to go home as soon as possible because she still had to pack for her journey with Mizumeko and to prepare for her `date' with Kaimaru. As she neared the school gate, a familiar blue car parked by her left caught her eye. A bald guy was practically lying on the hood and he was staring at her.