Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow_Masters ❯ ch1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
We are the shadows, we are one, there are no individuals. One among us, fights to be an individual, she does not know she is a shadow, but we will make her understand. She cannot escape what she is, she will join us willing or by force, but she will join us.
****
I sat up suddenly in my bed, soaked in sweat, breathing heavily. I try to get my breathing back under control. I could remember my dream. The same stupid dream I have every night since I was 16 years old. I can’t understand my dream or what is talking about, what did it mean by “she cannot escape what she is” who was it talking about?
I looked around my room, staring at the shadows as if there was some thing hidden in them, some times I would see someone in the shadows from the corner my eye, but when I looked closer I found nothing there. I once told my physiologist about my dreams, but all he said was that it was just my imagination playing with my mind. I thought the same until one of the shadows in my room one night talked to me. To say I was surprised was an under statement. I was so shocked I didn’t even hear half of what he said, I assumed it was a he, because it had a male like voice. He said something about I was in danger, and that I need to find a shadow-beast. I didn’t know what he was talking about, but by then the sun was coming up and he told me he would talk to me another time.
“ Good, you’re awake.” said a male voice from the shadows.
“ Great the talking shadow is back.” I murmured
“ I am not a shadow, I am a shadow-master.” the shadows replied
“ If you not a shadow, where’s your body? Never mind, don’t answer that, I don’t care what you are, now just get out.” I replied
“ My body is on another plane of existence and no, I will not leave until you find a shadow-beast.”
“ Who the hell are you? What is a shadow-beast? And what is a shadow-master?” I asked
“ I am called Shane. A shadow-beast is a beast that is made with magic and formed from shadows, each shadow-beast is different. A shadow-master is a person who can control shadow-beasts.” replied Shane
“ Well Shane, it’s nice to meet you, But I want you to leave, NOW.”
“ No.” Shane answered
“ Why fucking not!”
“ I have to protect you.”
“ Why?” I asked beginning to get frustrated
“ Because you are a future shadow-master, I must insure you safety until you find a shadow-beast.”
“ What the hell are you talking about? I’m just a normal, every day woman. I know nothing about magic, and I’m definitely not a shadow-master!” I shouted
“ You are a shadow-master.”
“ I am not!”
“ You can deny it all you want, but you are a shadow-master. And until you find a shadow beast, I will stay near you at all times.” replied Shane
I tried to see if I could see Shane, but all I could see were shadows.
“ Well, if you are a shadow-master like you say you are, then where is your shadow-beast?” I asked
“ Right here with me.” Shane answered
I got feed up with not being able to see who I was talking too, reached over to my night-stand and turned on my lamp. I nearly screamed, being 28 years old and living by myself, sometimes really sucked. I was staring face to face with a very large, very mean looking wolf, that looked like it was made of fire, though not the normal fire, instead of red, orange, and yellow, it was dark blue, electric blue, and white. The wolf’s eyes were a glowing silver color.
“ HOLY SHIT!” I yelled
“ Now Blake, you know better then to be so close to someone when they turn on the lights.” The bodyless voice of Shane said while laughing.
“ I’m sssssorry.” a gravely voice said coming from the wolf.
“ What is that thing?”
“ I’m nnnnot a ttttthhing. I’m a sssshadow-beassst. And what arrrre youuuu?” replied Blake
“ I’m dreaming! You can’t really exist.” I cried
“ I am vvverrry rrrreal. Doooo youuu want prrrooofff?”
The wolf like creature got up on to my bed, it suddenly stopped and began to growl.
“ Sssssshadow.”
“ Where!” shouted Shane’s voice instantly
“ Behhhhhind hhhherrrrr.”
“ Kattra, get away from there!” yelled Shane
I guess too many surprise, made me stupid, because instead of getting off my bed and away from where I was sitting, I turned around to look at what Blake called a shadow. A large gapping mouth full, of razor-sharp teeth form from shadows stared back at me. A sudden voice of a child screamed into my mind.
: Get away from it! :
Converting /tmp/phpA97Zuj to /dev/stdout