Fan Fiction ❯ Shounun and Abhorsen ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Abby: Where're Lapri and Ed?

Shougn: They're running late!!

Ser: THE READERS ARE HERE!!

Sin: What should we do!?

Abby: Um... Ser! Sin! STALL!!! Shougun, you're with me!!

Ser: WHAT!? ME!? AND HIM!?! *major blush*

Shougun: SEARCH PARTY! WHOO HOO!

Abby: Shougun... it isn't that type of party!

Shougun: Man why do I keep getting ripped off?

Ed: *walks in like Frankenstine dripping wet and bow-legged* ...whoa... swirly... tall... don't do... TOO LATE!!! *falls on the ground twitching*

Lapri: *follows Ed inside, also dripping wet, bow-legged and swirly eyed* WHEEEEE!!! LET'S DO THAT AGAIN!!! PULL A SHITY!!! PULL A SHITY!!!!

Abby: ?_? WHAT!?!

Shougun: *whispers to Abby* I think they lost it... but what's there to loose?

Ser: *turns to readers in fear* Ummm... Hi guys!!! ^^; Wonderful weather we're having, right Sin?

Sin: Ummm... sure?

Ser: Right... well... *sees Lapri and Ed* THERE THEY ARE!!! *points at them* Whoa... what happened to you two.

Lapri and Ed: JET SKI!!! ADRENALINE RUSH!!!! MUST DO AGAIN!!!

Ed: *sees a pigeion that got into the room* MINE! *chases it around in a circle*

Lapri: ED!! NO HARASSING THE WILDLIFE!! IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!!

Ed: *turns to Lapri with pigeion squirming in mouth* It is?

Lapri: Well, it was on the Jet ski, AND YOU WERE DRIVING!!

Abby: @_@ ED WAS DRIVING!?!? NO WONDER YOU TWO LOOKED SO OUT OF IT!! SHOUGUN!! GET THEM SOME PEACH JUICE!!

Ed and Lapri: PEACH JUICE!!!.......HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI HANA-KIMI!!!!!

Shougun: *throws them each a bottle that smacks them in the head* There ya go. Will you two stop fooling around?

Lapri: You're just jealous because you didn't go!! IT WAS SO COOL!!

Ed: 10 FEET IN THE AIR OUT OF THE WATER!!!

Lapri and Ed: -^o^- ADRENALINE RUSH!!!

Abby: Actually that does sound like fun.

Ser and Sin: *being threatened with some scary readers* CAN YOU TWO GET ON WITH IT!?!? PLEASE!!!

Lapri: Right! Discalimers! We don't own Inu Yasha... although we'd love to... and I own Abby and Ser and their random counterparts.

Ed: I OWN TALANTH!!! AND SIN AND SHOUGUN ARE MINE!!!

Shougun and Sin: FOR THE LAST TIME YOU DON'T OWN US!!!

Ed: In Ed's World Ed does =p nya!

Lapri: Now to keep Ed quiet through the story, *pulls out shiney things... and another lollipop* Oh Ed!

Ed: *peeks over at Lapri* MINE! *glomps the shiney things and shoves the lollipop in mouth*

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Shougun and Abby walked over to Sin's Castle to tell him their decisions the next day. They were both silent for whole trip. Luckily, ther had been no embarrasing moments that morning.

Sin: "Well, have you two made your decisions?"

They both nodded.

Abby: "I'm afriad that I am disinclined to aquies your request. I can handle my own problems and I do not need help. Esspecially if I can aviod getting help."

Sin: "I see, and you Shougun?"

Shougun: "I will join you if you promise me revenge and tell me where my sister is."

Sin: "Very good decision Shougun. I will contact you with more information later. You may both leave now."

Abby nodded and was instantly out the door. Shougun was soon behind her. He frowned at her.

Shougun: "Why are you being so stubborn?"

Abby: "What do you mean?"

She kept her gaze away, a frown fixed on her face.

Shougun: "Why can't you just let him help you?"

Abby: "Because I CAN'T!! I won't push on others my own problems. Why do you care!?"

She stopped abruptly and glared at him.

Abby: "Why should you care!? It's not like I'm of any importance to YOU!"

Shougun: "I just don't want you to get killed."

Abby: "Why not!? You don't care!! You just care about your sister and getting your bloody revenge!! If I die, what does it matter? I haven't impacted your life!! If at all, I've made it harder!!"

Shougun: "Hey, you don't know anything about me or my past so don't assume that you know anything that I'm going through!"

Abby: "I know what it's like to loose the ones you love. I know what it's like to have all you've ever known torn away from you when you were 4. I know what it's like to be controled by evil. And I know that you wallow in self pity! GOOD BYE!!"

She readjusted her pack and marched North, not knowing or caring where she was going. Shougun stood there slightly stunned by her outburst.

Shougun: "... maybe she does know what I'm going through... Just forget about her. It's not worth getting emotional. I should have known that everyone I meet will go away. I guess I still haven't learned anything after all these years. Just have to go back to not caring, just not feeling anything... It was nice knowing her though."

He walked back to his cabin and looked for something to eat but nothing was there so he took his sword and decided to take some frustration out on the local demons.

Several weeks passed but neither Shougun nor Abby forgot the other. Abby eventually had to come back to the Moonshae Isles, but she made sure she didn't go near where Shougun lived...

~Sin's Castle~

Sin waited in the South Tower with a view of the Moonshae Isles off in the distance. Suddenly, a group of three bounty hunters came into the room and bowed to him.

Leader: "You said you had information for us."

Sin: "Yes, I know who you're looking for and I know where you can find her."

Leader: "What's your price?"

Sin: "No price, I just want to make sure she's dead."

Leader: "Done. Where can we find her?"

Sin pointed out the window.

Sin: "At the Moonshae Isles..."

~The Moonshae Isles~

Abby groaned as she stood, having just killed her target.

Abby: 'Stupid Isles. Why'd I take this job anyway...? Oh yeah, food and money. Oh well... what!?'

She spun, her knives in her hands. The forest had become too quiet, even after she had just klled something. She felt a cold come over her and she frowned.

Abby: "I know you're there... what do you want?"

The bounty hunters stepped out of the shadows.

Leader: "You've been elusive, Ser, but Nuraku always finds his prey. I hope you're ready to die..."

Abby: "I already died a long time ago. But you have yet to die."

Leader: "We'll see... GET HER!!"

She jumped as the two others came at her... (A/N: Too lazy to write the whole fight scene. Abby gets hurt lots, but she eventually kills them. Put in any details you want.)

~Later that night~

Shougun was getting ready for bed when he thought he heard something hit his door. He walked over to see what was out there. When he opened the door Abby fell into his arms, her blood dripping down her body into a pool on his floor. He paused, then noticed she was unconious... again.

Shougun: "Damn I knew something like this might happen. And she said I had to stop falling over girls to get dates."

He picked her up and carried her over to the couch. He laid her down then ran to his closet to get some bandages and medicine. When he returned, she was glowing and floating several inches off the couch. He stared in awe as the glow became too bright to look at. When she became barable to look at, he saw she had fallen to the couch... but it wasn't her... The girl now starting to sit up in front of him had white hair... and dog ears. She was completely free of any wounds. She sat up cross-legged and opened her bright violet eyes to stare at him.

Girl: "Shougun, right? I'm D, the dog demon part of Ser."

Shougun dropped the bandages and medicine and stared at her.

Shougun: "WHOA WHOA WHOA! What happened to Abby? And what do you mean the part of Ser? And who the hell are you!?"

D frowned, slightly annoyed.

D: "One question at a time, please. Abby is still here, she was just too injured to properly control the body. As for the "part of Ser" bit, Ser is actually the name of three souls melded into one. There's me, D, Abby, and Shape. Shape is the shape-shifter demon you first met. She just gave the name of Ser. Why, I don't know. But we are three different souls melded into one. It has something to do with what Nuraku did. It's annoying, though. Make sense yet? Or are you lost?"

D smirked and raised an eye brow.

Shougun: "Ok so I think I get the whole soul business... but who's Nuraku?"

D: "The person who had others trying to hunt me down. Well... all of us, but I'll just say me because it's easier. He used to control me using a shard of the Shikon no Tama. He is pure evil and I hope to NEVER EVER run into him again!! Of course, if things had happened Abby's way, I would have never met you and she would have never.... erm... never mind that!!"

Shougun was getting more confused instead of understanding more.

Shougun: "So Nuraku is the one who's after you. So do you all hear and see what the present one does?"

D: "No, but when I leave and Shape comes back, I'll leave a few memories so she isn't completely confused!"

Shougun: "Ummm... I'll just take your word for it."

D chuckled.

D: "No, Abby will never know about anything I say or do if that's what you're worried about."

Shougun: "Well, you can spend the night if you want or do you have other plans?"

D: "Not really, but I kinda wanted to meet this Sin person. He sounds... intriguing..."

Shougun: "I'll take you to him. If Abby didn't leave that many memories, I work for him now. We have... sort of an agreement."

He grabbed his cloak and they walked off to Sin's Castle.

~Sin's Castle~

D looked around as the two walked into Sin's castle.

D: "Nice decorating..."

Shougun: "Are you the most sarcastic? Or what?"

D: "Yes, I'm the most sarcastic and happiest. Shape's the serious one, and Abby's the secretive and quiet one."

Shougun: "Oh..."

They walked inside the throne room. D suddenly glared at the sight before her.

D: "You're the one who sent them!!"

Sin raised an eye brow.

Sin: "Ah, you must be D."

D: "Yes. I am a part of Ser, and you're the one who sent the bounty hunters!!"

Sin: "Really? Must have slipped my mind."

D: "Testing again? Or trying to prove a point?"

Sin: "Nothing, I was simply being helpful and gave some men a... hint at where your location was."

D: "Aren't you just kind? Well, I am not Abby, and I wish to... take up your offer of the training as long as I can have work. I won't do anything major, but I will take out... how did you put them... annoyances?"

Sin smiled.

Sin: "I'm glad to hear that. Shougun, would you mind showing her around the training field? I have a meeting with the Dark Elves shortly."

Shougun bowed to him.

Shougun: "Of course... Umm, have you heard anything else about my sister? I followed the last lead but it was a dead end."

Sin: "Actually, I've heard she's recently been seen in the very city of Talanth. It might be your opportunity to take your revenge and find your sister."

Shougun: "Really? Then I will leave after showing D around."

Sin: "Go ahead."

D followed him until Sin was out of ear shot.

D: "Can I help?"

Shougun: "With what?"

D: "With getting your sister back. She sound important, and Abby wanted to help, but she's too stubborn for her own good."

Shougun: "Well, I don't know if I'll even reconize her, or if she'll reconize me. It's been 10 years since we last saw each other."

D: "What does she look like? And I can get her out safely if there's trouble. I AM an assassin."

Shougun: "Ummm..."

He looked over his shoulder.

Shougun: "The thing is... I don't really want her to know I'm helping Sin."

D: "I can keep my mouth shut. Besides, if she stays at your place, I can disappear and just follow her around to make sure she doesn't get into trouble while you're away wherever Sin needs you."

Shougun: "Thanks but what about Shape and Abby? Will they mind?"

D: "Remember, Abby wanted to do this, but she's stubborn. And Shape will stick with any commitment I make. She trusts me not to be too stupid!"

Shougun: "Alright. Well, after I show you around here we'll head off for the heart of Talanth... I also have some business there that needs to be taken care of."

D: "Right. I got it. Find girl, get girl out, make sure girl doesn't go anywhere until you show up, disappear and watch over girl. Right?"

Shougun: "Yeah, you got it."

D: "Just one thing, do they mind demons there? 'Cause I need to know if I need to put my hood up on my cloak..."

Shougun: "I'm not sure, but it would be a good idea to so you don't draw attention to us."

D: "Okay, got it. Operation rescue sister is understood and ready for execution!"

He showed her around the different training grounds and introduced her to some of the instructors there. Then they headed off to the city of Talanth.

~City of Talanth~

Captian of the Guard: "Come back here girl! I said stop! In the name of King Rhal!"

Meliara: "No way I'm gonna do that."

She was running away from the authorities because she didn't have entry papers. She was too young to fill them out and forged them to get into the city. Unfortunatly, the authorities here were a lot smarter the ones she had encountered in other lands.

Captain of the Guard: "Corner her!"

Soldiers: "Yes sir!"

They herded her so she was caught in an alley way.

Soldier: "Come quietly now!"

Meliara: "Oh crap."

Suddenly Shougun and D dropped down from the roof tops infront of Meliara.

Soldier: "Who are you?"

D: "We're her rescue team!! You got them?"

Shougun: "Give me 15 seconds."

He smirked then ran at them knocking the first soldier out, the rest ran at him.
While this was going on D grabbed Meliara and jumped up onto the roof tops and ran.

Meliara: "Umm... who are you?"

D: "As said before, I'm a part of your rescue team. We're going some place safe. Someone will meet you there and take care of you. Then, you might not see me for a while... maybe not ever again..."

Shougun ran through the streets then into the woods surrounding the palace. He was careful to avoid the guaurds stationed out around it.

(AN: Ed here! Ok well, Ayame is the eldest Princess of Talanth and Kira is her little sister. She met up with Shougun on one of his other attemts at ahh... "storming the castle" and stuff. She talked him out of it then, but he swore he'd do it again. They got together and spared a few times and talked about his past and how Ayame was avoiding an arranged marriage. So yeah, they're sort of friends and since we can't think of other random people and can't reach them on the phone. ^-^ So Ayame will come in... weird thing is she's me! YES ED GETS TO BE IN IT!!! Oh and don't steal her... stupid disclaimer crap. Oh well, ON WITH THE STORY!)

~Shougun's Cabin~

Meliara: "What is this place!?"

D: "It's your.... um... it's your brother's place..."

Meliara snapped her head around and looked at D.

Meliara: "You... you know my brother? Where is he?"

D: "He's coming.... soon... I think.... maybe... HE'LL BE HERE!! Don't worry. I'm just here to protect you until then."

She smiled unconvincingly and then dragged Meliara into the cabin.

D: "The guest bedroom is at the end of the hall if you're interested in some shut eye. Your brother might be a while..."

Meliara: "Umm... excuse me... how do you know my brother?"

D: "Well, my name's D and I'm one of your brother's.... I guess you could say co-workers... and sort of his friend..."

She smirked.

D: "I know someone who likes him though..."

Meliara: "Oh really? What does he do?"

D: "Um... he... ah....... I don't rightly know because we work for the same person, but in different divisions!"

D smiled again.

D: "Yeah... I was recruited by him though, but for my specialties... so I've never met the "boss" as you might say."

D's smile turned into a smirk.

D: "Don't worry, I'll never target you..."

Meliara: "Oh wow! It sounds like dangerous work! It must be exciting." ^-^

D: "Yeah... I guess you could say that..."

~Back at the Palace~

Shougun was running through the garden when he thought he heard someone behind him. He looked but no one was there. He kept going and saw a balcony with an open window.

Shougun: "Perfect."

He started to climb the wall by finding foot holds in the grooves of the large bricks that made up the palace. Suddenly he saw a rope come down the other side of the balcony and down came Ayame dressed in stable hand clothes and a cloak. They met eyes.

Shougun: "Oh crap."

Ayame: "Shougun, what are you doing?"

They both came back up to the balcony which connected to Ayame's room.

Ayame: "So, you mind explaining to me why you were climbing up the wall?"

Shougun: "..."

Ayame: "I could call the guards you know."

She said in a teasing manner. Shougun smiled.

Shougun: "Not dressed as you are now, and I'd be out of here long before they came here."

Ayame: "Well, you mind explaining the reason for acrobats? It's been a while since we last saw each other."

Shougun: "... well... it was sort of an assignment I asked for."

Ayame raised an eye brow.

Ayame: "And who sent you on this assignment?"

Shougun: "... Sin."

Ayame: "WHAT!? YOU SIDED WITH HIM!?"

Shougun: "Listen, I'm not proud of it alright. I just did it to find Meliara."

Ayame: "Oh, your sister? Well, I still can't approve of you siding with him and coming in here to murder my whole familiy."

Shougun: "I don't know what to do. I have to prove my alliance with Sin. I just found my sister today. He kept his end of the deal so I have to keep mine."

Ayame: "You don't have to."

Shougun: "You haven't seen what he does to traitors... or even those that refuse to side with him."

Ayame: "True, but it's still not right."

Shougun: "I know but I've gotten high up in the ranks and he seems to trust me so he said I should go finish what my father started."

Ayame: "So, you're willing to kill me? And Kira, and my family?"

Shougun: "Part of me wants to... but I don't want to hurt you or Kira."

Ayame: "Then don't."

Shougun: "You make it sound so easy but it's not. I'll never forget what happened to my family."

Ayame: "Listen, I'm sorry for what my grandfather did but he's passed away now. Why don't you just tell Sin you've changed your mind about revenge."

Shougun: "The thing is I want to break our alliance."

He mummbled something that Ayame could barely hear.

Shougun: "But after what happened to Abby I'm not sure I'll live."

Ayame: "What'd you say? Who's Abby?"

Shougun: "Ummm... just ah... ah friend."

He looked away so she wouldn't see him blush.

Ayame: "Oh really?"

She smirked at him.

Shougun: "IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!"

Ayame: "I didn't say anything."

Shougun: "Besides, she's still mad at me right now... at least as far as I know."

Ayame: "Well, hope you two get back together-"

Shougun: "WE WEREN'T TOGETHER!"

Ayame: "I was saying I hope you two get back together and that you can fix your Sin problem. And Shougun, please don't come back here if all you want is revenge."

Shougun nodded.

Shougun: "Alright, I'll try to find a way to break off of Sin."

Ayame: "Good, now tell your sister I said Hi and welcome."

Shougun: "Will do."

He jumped over the balcony railing and ran off toward home.

~Menwhile back at the Cabin~

D sighed.

D: 'THIS KID HAS TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!'

She sat down and rubbed her temples.

D: 'How to tell her things she wants to know while making it sound believable and yet not telling her the truth... I need some tea!!'

Meliara: "D, what's my brother like?"

D: 'Finally, a question I don't have to lie about!'

She smiled at Meliara.

D: "Well... he's tall, has black hair, blue eyes..."

She looked up out the window and smirked.

D: "And he's going to come through the door right now..."

Meliara spun as the door opened.

Meliara: "D, how'd you know that?"

When Meliara turned to look back at D, the dog demon wasn't there. Instead of worrying about it, she jumped up and ran over to Shougun, hugging him tightly.

Meliara: "Big brother!"

Shougun: "Meliara!"

He picked her up and wrapped her in a big hug.

Shougun: "I'm so sorry it took so long to find you."

Meliara: "It's alright Shougun. We found each other now."

She smiled at him as he put her down. Shougun led her over to the table. He then started to cook something. As he passed a window, he caught sight of something white. Looking in one of the cuboards, he found a note. It read:

Shougun~

Hey, you've got a very cute sister, but she asks too many questions!! Like I promised, I'll be looking out for her. Don't worry, she's in good hands.

~D

Shougun smirked and proceeded to make something to eat. He let his mind wander from his problem with Sin... how to break the alliance. Outside, D was eating some of her travel bread.

D: 'Abby, what did you get yourself into...? Angering a god... a rather cute god at that... finding this swordsman and getting your emotions mixed up then leaving me with the whole bunch while Nuraku is still alive and out after us. Of course, I've added danger with promising to protect Meliara. I just hope that Nuraku doesn't send his goons too quickly, or we'll all be in trouble...'

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Lapri: You know, I think that was our most random chapter yet.... heh... shoulders....

Shougun: Would you stop saying that? You're gonna kill Ed, see! *points at her*

Ed: BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *is on the floor twitching with laughter and turning blue*

Lapri: I thought you'd be happy about that... of course, I wouldn't... Ed, if you stop lauging, I'll give you another lollipop and some more shiny's....

Ed: *stops and jumps up* OKIE DOKIE ARTICHOKIE!

Meliara: Ummm... hi everyone!

Lapri: *hands new character a lollipop* Here...

Meliara: Oh boy! Thanks! *joins Ed*

Shougun: Man, this is weird with my little sister here.

Abby: How so?

Shougun: Well... you know... bad stuff happening around, angering Sin-

Sin: Yeah about that. TRAITOR!

Shougun: You can't hurt me. Ed won't let you!

Ed: NO FIGHTING OR ELSE!

Shougun: SEE!

Lapri: Now, boys, please be kind. You're stuck here together until the end of the story, and maybe even until the end of the sequal.... Ed, do you really thing we should make one?

Ed: Why not? Only if your readers hate us then we won't... if they love us... -^o^- Ed's loved! *hugs herself*

Lapri: Ooookay... yeah.... right, whatever. Hey, has anyone seen Ser?

Ser: *hiding in case of mushy gooey stuff, says in tone like answering machine* Ser is unavaliable. Please leave a message after the tone: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

Ed: Hi, I'd like a double pounder with cheese, a large chocolate milk shake-

Ayame: Ed what are you doing now? I leave you for a moment and you're placeing a fast food order to an answering machine.

Ed: AYAME!

Shougun: *immitating Sin* Hey Ser, I think you're-

Sin: SHOUGUN! I'M GONNA KILL YOU FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!

Lapri: *gets popcorn to watch Sin chase Shougun around until Ed notices the comotion*

Meliara: Why is he chasing my big brother?

Lapri: It's ah... game! ^^U

Meliara: Fun! I wanna play!

Lapri: Maybe next round... -_-#

D: See what I went through!? Shougun, you need to start paying for babysitting your sister!! She's so naive!! Hey, Lapri, can I have some popcorn...?

Abby: -_-# When I take over the world, I'll rid it of all stupidity... SIN CUT IT OUT!!! OR I'LL HAVE LAPRI MAKE SER GET ALL MUSHY-GOOEY ON YOU!!!

Sin: You're bluffing!!!

Abby: *smirks* How do you know?

Sin: Damn... fine I'll stop chasing him. *throws away the giant flame thrower he was chasing Shougun down with... while ammusing himself by burning the walls*

Ed: Did I miss something? *tilts head* mrow?
?
=O.O=

Lapri: No. You just need to tell the readers to... *drumroll*

Ed & Lapri: REVIEW!! REVIEW!!

Shougun: No don't! I wanna go home!

Sin: Me too!

Ayame: Sin? Is that you?

Sin: OH GOD! IT'S YOU!

Ayame: *grabs him by the collar* YEAH IT'S ME! YOU GET YOUR ASS OUTTA MY COUNTRY! GO DELANOR OR SOMETHING! (p.s. Delanor is my friend's old site that she ABANDONED T_T *cries* Long story don't ask... well you can but it'll be a long email reply.)

Everyone: BYE FOR NOW!!! DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW!!! (Until the next chapter...)