Fan Fiction ❯ Sixth ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok this chaps short too but this leads to the actual story, which begins in chap 3, so please be patient.
Sixth
Chapter 2

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------

//Not long to go, then it is the weekend, time for me to repent for my sins// Sixth thought as he mentally tried to will time to move faster.

"Sixth are you listening?!" scolded his teacher, Mr Harcourt, a mean spirited and vengeful old man, he looked like he was in his fifties but in fact he was in his early seventies. His face showed the struggles of his long life, but his eyes showed that he had seen horrors beyond imagination.

"Huh? No not really but then again you've been talking about the same thing for the past two years I've been here...Sir" The boy replied whilst staring out of the window into the distance.

"I've been talking about the 'same thing' as you call it because the Rupture is an important event, you idiot child" The now angry fossil responded, and then without even giving anyone a chance to respond continued his rant. "The Rupture is an important event, it refers to the day when the skies became blood and the demons arrived from hell. The day when millions of innocent people died and humanity, we went into forced to go into hiding. I myself was not born until after that fateful day, but I can still remember the sacrifices and massacres that continued for decades afterwards as the war between them and us was and continues to rage. However, children like you, who live under the protection of the walls and the guards, do not think that that day is to worth remembering, none of you knows what true terror and destruction is you live easy lives ignorant of the truth. You all make me feel sick, not a single one of you respects that...."

"Countless gave their lives believing that their battles would be enough to save us? Is that what you were going say?" The boy once again replied, this time his eyes where set on the angry old man who stood before him. "Of course I respect that, all of us do, but don't you dare think for a minute that I haven't suffered like you. I saw my family killed, their bodies mutilated, I watched and I was powerless, so yes I do know pain and suffering. But you should also know that after that day I swore I would never be powerless again." With that the boy was standing. "Now if you don't mind, Sir, I'll be going now." With that said, he walked towards the door and out of site.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

A short while later, as the school bells where ringing signalling the end of the day, the youth was sitting in a tree gazing into the distance. A figure approached, the same one from earlier that day.

"Hey" Shannah called out to her friend and housemate.

"Hey...listen I'm sorry about before" He said as he turned to face the brown-haired woman.

"Don't worry about it" She shrugged as she began to climb the tree. Once she was on the same branch as her friend, she continued. "I know it must've been hard, but you know I remember you telling me something once, 'That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger' and you know something?. You are the strongest person I know." She turned her face so that her crimson eyes met his blue/green ones. "I know your secret; I found some things when I was cleaning out your room. So I may not know everything but I do know a little"

"So you know what I am? Normally I'd have to kill you now, but you won't tell will you?" His eyes were pleading for the answer he wanted.

"Nah, I mean all I know is that you were trained to be a soldier and that's about it, it’s really no different from the self-defence classes we have to take," She said in a matter of fact tone.

"It is different, we were trained to kill to be the perfect living weapons" He replied, his hands clenching the branch, the bark buckling under the stress.

"Weapons?" She asked quizzically, her eyes focused on the branch that was threatening to give way.

"Yeah, highly advanced, genetically engineered, tactical assault units. The tattoo I have on my back is my ID brand, its proof that I'm not human." He told her, his hand were no longer clenched as his moved his gaze to the now setting sun.

"How are you not human? And what does EEXGSW006PS stand for anyways?"

"I am not human after what they have done to me, EEXGSW006PS, is everything that I am. Experimental, Eradication series, X type unit, Genetically advanced, Superior combat, tactical and regenerative abilities, Warrior class, 006 means I'm the sixth unit they produced, Perfect, Success. That's what it means, that's why I have to repent and they only way I know is to kill anything that tries to harm the people of this city" He said his voice solemn.

"So your planning on going hunting again, your going to go and risk your life because you blame yourself for their deaths, and because you think that if you repent for your sins you'll become human again?. Well you are wrong, your human just like me, you have feelings and hopes, and desires even dreams. If I cut you, you'll bleed, if hold you you'll feel safe, so tell me how can you not be human?" She told him, unable to understand why he would think that he was not human.

"You really think I'm human? Well, then if I am then I guess I have no choice but to hunt down every last monstrosity and keep you guys safe. I'll be home late...Bye for now" Sixth jumped down from the branch and began heading towards home, and inevitably out into the wastelands.

"Good luck" She said before, climbing down the tree and heading back to class to finish her cleaning duties.


TBC...

AN: The action begins next chap folks, I know there’s a lot of useless info in this one but it will make sense later on. Oh it might seem strange that Sixth would tell Shannah everything but their relationship is very close, kind of like brother and sister so that’s why she knows nearly everything about him. The actual story begins next time, and well there’s death and action soon enough.