Fan Fiction ❯ Sixth ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sixth
Chapter 4
 

In one fluid motion Sixth ducked and narrowly avoided two of the beasts, then in the same motion sidestepped and dodged another beast. The two remaining beasts split up, one continued to charge towards Sixth as the other placed itself between its master and its enemy. //Its behind me// Sixth curled his right hand into a fist and spun around, in less than a second he uncurled his fist, the heel of his hand then connected with the creatures face. The beasts jaw gave way under the stress of the impact, the creature howled in pain as it backed away its large clawed hands covering its face as if doing so would relieve the pain.

//One down, one injured and the remaining four are unharmed. Estimated time to defeat all five of the type three’s….fifteen seconds per unit so that’s seventy-five seconds, add in the estimated twenty-two seconds required to defeat the type one unit, that’s ninety-seven seconds.// Sixth mentally calculated whilst assessing the terrain for possible advantage points. //The eighth is rapidly approaching, ETA seventy-six seconds given geographical data, so I have to take them down in seventy-two seconds in order to buy enough time to engage the eighth in combat. So I have to be hard, fast and merciless// with his plan set in motion the Experimental unit was off in a blur of motion. He came to a halt in front of the whimpering creature whose jaw he had just broken, he sent a powerful upward kick that connected with its ribs; the momentum from the impact caused the creature to hurtle into the air only to receive an elbow in the back of its neck. By the time the creature hit the ground its neck was broken and it was dead. The three previously evaded demons had now regained their footing and were snarling like wild dogs as they witnessed the killing blow dealt to one of their own. Before any of them could react, the redhead was in front of them, he was in the air in the blink of an eye and sending a roundhouse kick, into the side of the far left demons neck. His other leg immediately connected with the other side of the demons neck, //Now I’ve got you//, he then locked his legs around the creatures neck in a vice like grip and flipped backwards. Once his hands had touched the ground he pulled back with all his strength, pulling the beast clear off the ground, through the air and sent it crashing into the ground. Sixth pushed back with his hands, righting himself and with one swift motion twisted his legs around snapping the creatures neck and almost pulling its head free from its body. //Two down, three to go// in the moment that he had taken to evaluate the situation, the other two lycans had dispersed into the undergrowth of the wasteland, //Shit…Where’d they go? Of course they’re above//. He snapped his head upwards in time to see one of the two plummeting towards him, Sixth did not have time to move so he placed both arms crossed above him to take the brunt of the assault. Immediately before crashing into him the demon reached out and grabbed Sixth’s left arm, it then swung to the left and pulled the limb completely out of its socket, “AAAAAARGH!!!” was all that the Red-head could scream before the demon clamped its jaw onto his left shoulder and locked its jaw.

“Get off of me you MONSTER!” Sixth screamed as he began to inflict blow after blow to the creatures head, //I cannot…I will not…..Never…Never again…No…No….Nooooo!//. His mind was racing, images flashing before his eyes, faces and people he once knew, all of them were changing from how they were when he last saw them alive into the way they were when their corpses were found. His heart rate was sky rocketing, adrenaline was surging through his system, his immune system and regenerative systems were going off the charts. The world began to spin until finally there was nothing but darkness.

//You cannot escape your fate, no matter how hard you try it will all be in vain// A voice called through the darkness.

//Who are you. What are you? // Sixth responded as he fell ever deeper into the darkness.

//I am you, the part that you deny, its true what I say, we both know what will happen, however whereas you prefer to pretend that fate is not predetermined. I know it is hopeless to fight destiny//.
The voice became manic, the darkness began to warp and change, images of death, destruction, and eternal damnation began to flicker in the darkness. //You see. You cannot run from it nor can you fight, why not die and be free? //.

//Your right, maybe it is hopeless but I…..will continue to fight, I’ll continue to live, not only to repent for my sins but for them…..for the others who aren’t here…..who should be here…I’ll live for their share too…and no-one not even myself will stop me…//. Sixth managed to say before yet another assault of horrific images appeared before him.

//Fool…..You should have died…but it makes no difference, for I shall be victorious and you lack the power to fight me…since you are but a human, a weak pathetic human….I’ll crush you and all of your kind…………NOW DIE!!// A phantom of a flaming serpent with the face of a wailing banshee came rushing towards him through the darkness only to vanish just before it touched him. Almost as soon as the phantom vanished Sixth was violently thrust back into consciousness, the pain was searing and his blood felt like it was on fire.

//Its injecting me with poison….I have to get it off of me; R-IGHT….NOW!// The now awakened weapon began his assault anew, this time aiming for the jaw itself, desperate to smash his way out of the jaws that were poisoning him. A small cracking sound could be heard as the jaw slowly began to crack under the stress from the attack, //Keep hitting it, don’t stop, you’ve come to far to die now//, the two combatants continued their stalemate, the Demon refused to release its jaw and cease its poisoning and the frenzied boy refused to let up on his assault.

Finally in an act of desperation Sixth threw his arm back as far as he could and struck the creatures jaw with everything he had, the bone finally gave way and the beast fell from his shoulder, yelping like a dog and it hit the ground. “And Stay down” He commanded breathlessly, his right hand held onto his left shoulder automatically, the injured unit turned his gaze to the vampire and its underling, and feral look in his eyes as he clenched his teeth together and reset the joint.

“Impressive but too little too late, the poison is already in your system, it’ll begin attacking your nervous system soon enough and you will die” the vampire informed him with a smug grin on its face, that grin was soon replaced with a look of horror as the torn flesh began to scab over almost immediately. “What are you? How can you…”

“How can I heal so fast after sustaining such severe injuries?” Sixth interrupted finishing his sentence, he was now wearing a smug grin on his face. “You think a little poison and a flesh wound will kill me? Well you’re wrong. I’m Arcana’s Tactical Battle Unit, EEXGSW006PS, I can’t be beaten by the likes of you, now bring it,” He told the bloodsucker as the fever he was developing was beginning to get weaker. “If you can’t kill me right out, I’ll just adapt, heal and regenerate after all ‘that, which does not kill you, only makes you stronger’”.

//Evaluation of damage sustained suggests that damage beyond the Heiran limit has been incurred to the left limb, twitching of muscles is a sign of motor neurones being misfired by damaged synapses and nerves. Units combat ability has dropped by forty-six percent, immediate withdrawal is advised…Too bad that isn’t an option, I have to take out the leader, they’ll lose their resolve to fight if they lose the commanding unit//. Pulling out another combat knife, and holding it with the blade pointing backwards, the perfect position for a powerful downwards blow, he then crouched down and sprinted towards the vampire, screaming like a man possessed.
//The eighth is here, I have to take out the bloodsucker now…..wait there’s something else, I can’t locate it could it be a ninth enemy? Forget about it for now// He continued to charge as the demon which was guarding the vampire and the other remaining one came sprinting towards him, one from the front and one from behind. The two demons pounced, as they did Sixth quickly changed his course, the two creatures collided in mid-air and upon landing began to fight amongst themselves. //Perfect now they’re distracted//….“There’s nothing to get in MY WAY!!!!” he screamed as he bolted towards the vampire which now resembled a deer caught in the headlights of a truck, with one swift downwards strike the experiment severed the bloodsuckers arm clean off its body.


“Now we’re even”

“I’ll kill you”

“Try and I’ll kill you”

“Impudent Brat!” The now weakened vampire threw his arm back, fist clenched ready to strike, but he suddenly stopped when he felt the iron grip of the experiments hand around his neck.
“Time to die now, see you in hell” Without another word the red-heads grip on the vampires neck increased, blood began to swell and arteries threatened to rupture, yet the grip did not lessen.

//Kill him and you will sign your life away//. The same voice echoed through Sixth’s mind, flames began to swarm around him, “Well if I’m going to die here…” Sixth turned his face so that once again his eyes met the vampires, “…I might as well take you with me…” an audible Snap was heard as the vampire’s neck was broken and its body erupted into flames.

//You’ll pay for that…mark my words…first I’ll kill what’s precious to you and then finally you, you shouldn’t have picked a fight with me….Shiran the First High lord of Darkness// The flames then perished but not before they devoured the bodies of the fallen.

The lone warrior stood there in the centre of the ashes, staring at the moon, “In the time of the twilight hour, the High Lords shall reveal their power… Yet another foolish fairy tale”, the young warrior stood for another moment before heading home, to get some well-deserved sleep.
TBC…

AN: So how’d I do?

Next time: As Sixth returns home, to rest and recover from the damage he received during his encounter with the High lords minions; a dark shadow begins to sweep across his mind. What is this shadow and what is its purpose? In addition, more importantly who or what is this high lord of darkness? Determined to discover the reason for both the shadows and the High lords appearance, and having exhausted all other methods Sixth must seek answers from the only being who would know….“Mother”.