Fan Fiction ❯ Sixth ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sixth
Chapter 7

“The year 0: The Rupture occurred. In that same year 70% of the human population fell victim to the ensuing demon attacks.” A familiar voice that was unmistakably that of ‘Mother’s’ echoed mournfully through a dark room in an unknown location.The same voice echoed again through the room only this time from a different direction, “In the year 3AR: The first walled cities were completed, with there completion the humans were offered protection and safety. That same year Arcana was founded, 8 months later the original ‘Mother’ was completed and activated.”“In the years 4AR: The High Lords made their presence known to the world, after forging the Slova (1) causeway they launched a direct assault against the two nations the causeway connected, the former Russia and the former USA. Both nations suffered heavy losses. The assault ended when the two nations launched their entire stockpile of nuclear weapons, after that point it was confirmed that the High Lords had survived however, they retreated none the less.” A third voice continued, once again it was the same voice of the ‘Mother’.
Fourteen identical glowing avatars illuminated the once darkened room; each was staring at the one opposite. They stood silent for a matter of moments before another of the avatars continued. “In the year 15AR: Ancient ruins were discovered, these ruins contained tablets written in an unknown language however the murals depicted the demons arrival and their defeat. Arcana diverted all of its resources to the translation of this tablet, believing it to be a prophecy stone”.“Enough. I do not wish to be told that which has already been brought to my attention.” A disgruntled avatar informed the others as her form changed making her distinguishable from the others; the avatars once free flowing hair was now held tight in a bun, what was once a loose free, white flowing gown now resembled something that a vampire queen would wear, tight high collared and finally black. The other avatars turned to face ‘her’. Once she was sure that she had their attention she continued, “I want to know the current situation in regards to EEXGSW006PS, now report.”

“Very well, EEXGWS006PS made contact with the 3rd sub-system, me, less than 48 hours ago. The unit was physically different than the predictions indicated this could be due to outside factors and the exposure to the resources the body requires to make pigments. The unit had recently suffered damage beyond the Heiran limit to the left limb rendering it useless, regeneration has been impeded due to a parasitic demon, shadow classification. At present, the unit is still in control though it is unknown as to how long he will be able to remain in control. It also seems that the unit has made contact with Shiran.” The avatar standing opposite her reported.“Shiran? Explain!” The ‘leader’ of the group demanded, disbelief clear in her tone.

“Very well. The unit encountered Shiran approximately 24 hours before making contact with me, it us unknown as to what happened however the unit believed that he would require data on Shiran in order to defend himself. I was unable to obtain any more data on the incident…but I was able to locate the unit or at least his current city of residence. Do you want me to continue 1st ‘Mother’?” The now smug hologram asked.“Of course I do 9th, now where is the unit?”“Halcyon city….however it would be unwise to attempt a capture now, it would be more logical to gather data on his routines and habits. Once we have that data we will be able to devise the perfect plan to capture him.” The avatar that represented the ninth mother sub-system answered. She waited as the others made their judgement.“Agreed” Came the reply from the others. After passing judgement they all dispersed leaving only the ninth mother standing their in the darkness.“Soon you will not be able to hide. I wonder what will you do then; will you surrender yourself to us or to the shadow? Only time will tell”

---------------------------------------

Elsewh ere, in a darkened room lit only by the light of the screen before him, his hands moving at incredible speeds. “So that’s what they were discussing huh?” He thought aloud before closing the connection and heading out of the room into the unknown.“It won’t be long now”TBC…….

(1) Slova is a word I think I made up. Its pronounced “Slow-Va”

Next time:Well you will have to wait and see since I’m not 100% sure myself