Fan Fiction ❯ Slade's Reflections ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters or events depicted in this piece of fiction, so get off my back about it already.
 
A/N: This is going to be a dark, creepy piece…at least, that's what I intend. How it comes across to all of you…well, that's really up to you.
 
 
 
 
 
Things were much more complicated before, perhaps needlessly. I personally did what I did to serve my own goals, and perhaps I was almost fanatical about it. I stuck to the shadows, I pursued hidden agendas, but I was ultimately confounded by mere children.
 
The Teen Titans. Children of great power, but children nonetheless. I saw that as mere amusement, a way to hone my already-near perfect skills. I was the perfect solider, the perfect killer…and the perfect mastermind. Perhaps that is why I grew bored with my perfect plans, my perfect crimes, and started sending trouble their way. For the fun of watching them squirm.
 
Then I found a new hobby.
 
Robin.

Such a stubborn boy….it was delicious, breaking him, twisting him, making him mine. But he didn't know when he was better off, and he fought me, time and again, denying me the simple pleasure I had when he obeyed me, time and again. So I had to keep breaking…but in the end, I failed, and the Titans won.
 
That rankled…though I swore I'd pay him back.
 
That opportunity came with a little blonde girl named Terra.
 
Easily manipulated, with great power but no control. All it took...were a few `white lies.' Lies that got her to control her powers, in my services, for my goals. She took to my bait, and was mine.
 
And again…I broke her, made her my own, used her and abused her, molding her into my perfect weapon, my tool, my apprentice. I enjoyed every minute of that…because I saw his face each time, and the look he would wear.
 
I enjoyed that, even more than I enjoyed him.
 
However, even my personal control wasn't enough, and I found myself betrayed again, the earth giving way beneath me, and Death's cold embrace finally claiming me, as it never could before.
 
Then there was nothing.
 
I was gone….in limbo….when HE spoke to me.
 
He offered me power, life…and something else very important to the person I was, before I became the criminal I am now.
 
I was offered a second chance, and like any other man, I did what I had to do.
 
I took that second chance, and was given a new mission, and a third target.
 
I was finally allowed to vent my frustration, all in the name if my new master, if you could call him that, and saw those infuriating children again. But in my mind, burned only one name, only one.
 
Raven…
 
For some reason, that name burns in my heart, even worse than the hate I felt for those who made me like this…damned me to a life of nothing but death and crime. Not that I have any regrets, mind.
 
And so I came for her, with my message…the message of the Prophecy.
 
They fought me at first, but I overwhelmed them, leaving only her. And Robin.
 
He was no more a challenge than his foolish friends, falling to my newfound power.
 
I branded her again and again, making her birthmarks appear on her young, nubile flesh, exposing her bit by bit, until I was done.
 
Then….all that was left was to pave the way for Him.
 
However…she humbled me.
 
She knew I could not harm her, so she attacked, and attacked…leaving me breathless…but I escaped, and now…I rankle at the mere thought of her now…
 
I will have my vengeance. Once my master is free…I shall have her.
 
And I shall break her, and twist her…use her badly…then kill her…
 
While her friends watch…