Fan Fiction ❯ Sneak Peek at the upcoming story "Crimson Fear" ❯ Sneak Peek ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

PROLOGUE

Heaven and Hell, two of the most recognizible locations in history. Heaven, a glorious place where the aristocratic angels protect humanity from evil. Hell, on the other hand, seeks our complete destruction and is inhabited by creatures more terrifying than a nuclear bomb. I'm not sure about Heaven, but I know...there is indeed a Hell. Don't believe me. Well, sit down and listen to what I have to say.

My name is Alex Moquin. I am an agent for the military of the United States of America. Most agents gather information from mission objectives and report back to base with their findings. Well, I recieved a report that my brother, Luke, had gone missing. My brother and I were always close. He would cover my ass when things got bad on my side of a battle and he was always there for me when we were kids.

His last transmission came from a small island in the middle of the Pacific. No one knew about it until there was an S.O.S. signal sent from that location. It seems that the government had a group of researchers there to investigate a small village that lie just below a large castle. The village has been crawling with mysteries and dark secrets. My mission, find Luke and report his whereabouts. Little did I know that I was stumbling into something much, much harder than just finding my brother.

"Finden Sie ihn!" shouts a villager as three others rush to find the American intruder.

Luke Moquin hides behind a house with his pistol in hand. Rain falls from the sky as lightning wakens to the pitch black night. He is being hunting like an animal for no reason. How the hell does he get out of here? The only place to go is the castle that towers high over the village's shelters. Well, there is no other place to go. Why do these people want him dead?

As Luke turns to make his move towards the castle, a German man hollers out, "Hier ist er! Hast, bevor er entgeht!"

The man runs at him with an axe and Luke fires and hits the axe from his hands. He then runs up to the man and kicks him to the ground where he puts a bullet into the villager's head before continuing. As he moves from the corpse, a flaming arrow nearly hits his head. He turns and sees a torch-wielding mob of villagers, with their children holding crossbows. Luke holds the gun and aims in their direction.

"Freeze, or I'll shoot!" He threatens as the villagers continue their approach.

Another crossbow bolt skims past him and hits the wall next to him.

"Es gibt kein Entweichen, Amerikanisch! Geben Sie oben und Ihr Tod ist schnell!" a cloaked man says under his hood.

Not understanding what he said, Luke just takes a few steps back and moves away from the horde. He prepares for their assault with his pistol, but suddenly, the villagers gasp and move away with fear in their eyes. The cloaked man stands there, completely calm.

"Tier-Säge!" a villager cries out.

Luke lifts an eyebrow and turns, only to hear the sound of a chainsaw behind him.