Fan Fiction ❯ Sole Sniper: The Special Forces' First Strike ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: All units, I don't own Teen Titans, I repeat, I don't own Teen Titans, but I own the Special Forces' Members, over.
 
“Sole Sniper”
Raven was in the city, outside a book shop with a repaired book in her hand. This book was torn by Beast boy, accidentally. She was very angry and almost killed him in that time. Beast boy had to make hundreds of apologize until Raven decided to send her book to a book shop for repairing.
 
When she was walking along the sidewalk, somebody snatched her book and ran into an alley.
 
“That's my book!” Raven said and chased after him. Soon she could corner him.
 
“Don't so fast.” A voice was coming from behind a snatcher, who was a Slade's robot. Then a secret man revealed himself, he was in an overcoat with a hat.
 
“Who are you?” Raven asked.
 
“I'm `The needle shooter', working for Slade.” He said and aimed his arm at Raven.
 
Suddenly, she could feel a needle that plunged into her neck. Raven turned back and saw Slade's robots were coming at her. Raven felt exhausted, she had no choice but fly away.
 
The robots tried to follow her.
 
“Don't worry. She can't escape so far.” The shooter said. He walked to Raven's book which lied on the ground.
 
“I'll keep it as my trophy.” He said as he took it in his coat.
……..
 
Somewhere outside the city, at the Federal Army Special Force Base. An intelligence officer rushed into an office.
 
“Sir!” He said to his superior, who sat behind a desk.
 
Major General Karl Heinemann, the base's commander. looked up from documents on the table.
 
“What's going on? I'm busy.” He asked.
 
“You should look at these, sir.” IO said and gave General some photographs. “Our Predator took this photograph ten minutes ago, sir.”
 
“Hmm…..there is a girl in a picture.” Heinemann said as looking at pictures. “She was facing with a man.“
 
“It's Raven, one of the Teen Titans, sir.”
 
“I know, but who was that?”
 
“Oh, these are more pictures, sir.” IO said and gave more pictures.
 
“He shot her with something, a needle.” Heinemann said. “Damn it! It's `The Needle Shooter'. What about Raven?”
 
“We don't know much about her position, sir.” IO said “I'll gather more intelligence and you will get it ASAP, sir.”
 
After IO left the room, Heinemann, who appeared to wearing the WWII-era Wehrmacht Uniform with a Knight's Cross with swords, Oak leaves and diamonds, walked to a phone and started to call somebody.
 
After a twenty minute's anxious wait, a jeep came and parked outside Heinemann's office.
 
“Guten Abend, Lieutenant Adams.” Heinemann greeted the newcomer. “Sorry to call you at the midnight, but we have a situation.”
 
“What's it, sir?” Lt. Adams asked.
 
“Look at this picture.” Heinemann gave the Needle Shooter's picture to Adams. “Our UAV took this guy's picture ten minutes ago, in the city.”
 
“Who is this, sir?” Adams asked.
 
“Yesterday, I got a bad news; Slade has got a new man, and this guy has this.” Heinemann said and took something from a drawer then laid it on a desk.
 
“A needle?”
 
“This is a poisoned needle, if anybody is stung by this will exhausted and unable to use super-powers.”
 
“How long will it last, sir?”
 
“At least 6 hours, that's long enough to getting killed by Slade's robot.”
 
“And this is his first victim.” Heinemann gave another picture to Adams. “Her name is Raven, one member of the Teen Titans.”
 
“Why don't Slade do it himself, sir?”
 
“I shot him with my RPG-7 yesterday.” Heinemann said. “He was much wounded and I think he wouldn't come back for a while.”
 
“If Raven was stung by this needle…”
 
“She would exhausted and unable to use her super-powers, and the transmitter in a needle will report her position to the robots, though the poison itself wouldn't kill her, but robots will.” Heinemann said. “I think you can guess your mission now.”
 
“To locate and protect her.”
 
“Yes, and I won't make a turbulence by sending a Panzer Division to Search and Rescue her.”
 
There were 1,000 men and 70 tanks of 2nd SS-Panzer Division `Das Reich' which under Heinemann's command in this base for dealing with full-scale attack or make a large-scale recon.
 
Drrrring! Drrrrrring! The phone's sound paused the briefing.
 
“What kind of idiot called me in this time?” Heinemann said as he walked to grab a phone.
 
“Who's that? I'm at briefing.”
 
“Sir.” It was IO. “We found a needle on a sideway, looks like it was accidentally dropped just a moment ago. I guess he was here.”
 
“Good, Mikhail. Keep me informed.”
 
“Yes, sir.”
 
Heinemann rang off a phone and walked to Adams.
 
“We don't have all day, grab your rifle and go get them. Don't get caught napping.”
 
“Yes, sir.” Adams answered and left the room.
 
Adams went to the armory, there were a lot of various weapons—from pistols to AT missiles. He walked to sniper rifles' rack and took an AWM, one of the most used sniper rifle in CS. With some .338 Lapua clips and a Desert Eagle with him.
 
Then Adams went to his quarter to change his uniform to Urban BDU and took some equipment such as a black vest and binoculars. Adams got on his jeep, painted his face and drove away.
 
……..
 
As soon as Adams arrived in the city, he climbed onto the tallest building's rooftop and used his infra-red binoculars to find Raven.
 
20 minutes had passed, Adams was standing on the building and found nothing. He wanted to send a Sitrep (Situation Report) to the base.
 
“Hotel One, this is Lone Wolf, Do you copy, over?” Adams said through his mouthpiece.
“This is Hotel One, we read you five by five, over.”
 
“Hotel One, I found nothing, there's no sign of both Raven and the Shooter. But I will set my OP up here.” Adams said as he drank a little water from his canteen.
 
“Stay alert and keep your eyes open, Lone Wolf.” Heinemann said.
 
“Affirmative, Hotel One.” Adams answered and continued his searching.
 
………
 
Raven opened her eyes and found that she was lying on a pile of rubbish. She felt very dizzy, Raven stood up slowly and looked around. She was in an alley. Raven found her broken communicator on the ground, so she couldn't made contact with her friends.
 
Raven tried to fly, but she couldn't because the poison in a needle. She had to go on foot.
 
Suddenly Raven saw Slade's robots were coming at her.
 
“Azareth Metrion Zinthos!” She chanted, but it didn't work. She tried again and still nothing happened. And robots were coming closer and closer.
 
Raven could do anything but turned back and ran. While Robots chased and fired at her, soon they scored their hits by wounded Raven's left shoulder.
Adams could hear the laser gun's sound and soon he saw a girl in the alley. He could quickly recognize Raven's pale white skin and decided to send another Sitrep.
 
“Hotel One, this is Lone Wolf, I found her, I say again, I found Raven.”
 
“Roger that, Lone Wolf, what's her status?”
 
“I'm OK, but I don't think she is very well.”
 
“What do you mean, Lone Wolf?”
“She is wounded and running along the alley, over.” Adams reported. “I think she is escaping from a contact, but there's no enemy sighted now.”
 
Suddenly, Adams could spot the robots. They were chasing Raven to a blind alley.
 
“No….no, no, no, don't get in there! It's blind alley!” Adams said, almost whisper. He couldn't say too loud because that would betray his position and Adams don't think that Raven could hear him. He had no choice but sending another report.
 
“Hotel One, this is Lone Wolf, Enemy spotted. They're Slade's robots, over.”
 
“How many robots are there, over?”
 
“There are five and counting, Six…..eight……ten, There're ten robots are chasing her, over.” Adams said and rushed to his AWM.
 
The robots could locate Raven easily from the signal from a needle's transmitter. They cornered her and fired their laser guns to Raven, created a massive explosion that threw her to a nearby wall, knocked her out.
 
“Damn it to hell! She will become a Swiss cheese in less than twenty seconds! Request permission to open fire, over.”
 
Adams had seen everything, but he couldn't open fire without Heinemann's authorization.
 
“Green light, Lone Wolf, Green light” Heinemann answered.
 
“I wanna hear this for a long time, let's pop some heads.”
 
The situation became worsen when one of robots aimed its laser gun to Raven's chest.
“Don't treat girls like that!” Adams said and put a crosshair on the robot's head then squeezed a trigger.
 
There was a very loud sound, and a .338 bullet flew away from the barrel then made its flight through the victim's head.
 
Adams pulled a bolt to eject a spent case and then pushed it back. He put his crosshair to another robot's head before applied a few pressure to a trigger.
 
The second powerful .338 Lapua bullet penetrated through the robot's head, destroy its processor, made it collapsed on the ground.
 
“Two down, eight to go.” He said as he chambered a new fresh round.
 
Raven was still unconscious, but the robots were busy with finding the source of bullets.
And a crosshair was already on another robot's head.
 
“Take that!” and it wouldn't hear anything again, a bullet exited from the robot's head and coursed through another's back, destroyed its battery.
 
“One shot, double kills.” Adams claimed his third and fourth kills.
 
“Hotel One, this is Lone Wolf, do you see that?”
 
“Roger that, Lone Wolf, and the Titans have seen it too.” Heinemann said. He and the Titans had seen and heard everything from a webcam on Adams's helmet. “Looks like somebody want to talk to you.”
 
“Lone Wolf, this is B.B., how can you do that?” Beast Boy asked.
 
“Do some homework and some training.” Adams answered as he squeezed a trigger to send his death letter to the fifth victim.
 
“No.5 has been a scrap metal.” Adams confirmed his kills.
 
“We'll be there in five minutes, so don't shoot at us!” Robin said.
 
“Don't worry, I will get rid of them in two minutes.” Then the Titans heard another horrible noise. “Bye-bye, you freakin' robot.”
 
“Lone Wolf, this is Hotel One, we have a good news; we could spotted the shooter and we're chasing him now.” Heinemann said.
 
“Does it affect your ETA?” Adams asked.
 
“Negative, Lone Wolf, we're forcing him to your position. ETA is still unaffected.”
 
“Do you want him dead or alive?”
 
“Alive, don't shoot him.”
 
“Roger, Hotel One.”
 
Adams put a crosshair on one of the remained robots. It looked like it couldn't feel the crosshair on its head. Then Adams let his AWM said---with its gunfire.
 
“Who's your daddy, No.7?” Adams reported. He chambered a new fresh round and continued his shooting other robots one-by-one.
 
“That's the last one.” Adams said after the last robot had been destroyed.
 
“Lone Wolf, this is Chopper Leader, we're approaching an AO, stand by for extraction.” Pilot's voice came from Adams's headphone.
 
“Roger that, Chopper Leader, I'll mark a LZ.” Adams said and ran down from the building and laid a smoke grenade on the streets.
 
Adams saw three UH-1 in the air and a man on the ground were coming at him along the streets. They were coming closer and closer. And the man was running past Adams.
“Sorry, pal. You can't pass.” Adams said as he gave The Needle Shooter a clothesline, made him lied on his back, knocked him out.
 
The choppers landed in front of Adams, A group of soldiers got off the chopper to secure an area and caught the shooter, followed by General Heinemann and the Titans.
“Titans, Move!” Robin said and looked for the robots.
 
“There's nothing to fight with.” Adams said to the Titans. “I guess you're too late, they're all destroyed.”
 
“Where is Raven?” Cyborg and medics asked.
 
“She's inside an alley. Don't worry, she's still alive.” Adams answered.
 
Two medics rushed quickly to Raven and made a first aid, followed by the Titans. One of medics injected an antidote into her neck. Raven soon regained consciousness and groggily opened her eyes, she found herself sat laying to the wall and getting surrounded by two medics and her friends.
 
“W…Where am I?” Raven asked.
“Don't try to move right now. We'll take a needle off.” He said and took a needle off from Raven's neck. Another medic was bandaging her wound.
 
“Are you all right?” Beast Boy asked.
 
“Yes, I think so.” Raven said. “Where're the robots?”
 
“Over there.” Adams said as he pointed to a pile of destroyed robots near him.
 
“He destroyed them and saved your life, Raven.” Robin said.
 
“We will give you a lift.” The medic said. “Can you walk?”
 
“Yes, I can.” Raven said and stood up, then walked to a chopper with medics and the Titans.
 
General Heinemann was on the street, looked at a soldier who was coming at him.
“Sir,” He said. “This area is secured, sir.”
 
“Good job, Sergeant. Let's go.” Heinemann said and got on the last chopper with the Titans. After the last soldier aboard, Pilots took off their choppers. Two choppers had separated and headed back to the base while Heinemann's chopper was heading back to T-Tower.
 
…..
 
20 minutes later, the chopper had arrived on the T-Tower's ceiling. The Titans, Heinemann and Adams got off the choppers.
 
“Thank you so much.” Starfire said.
 
“My pleasure.” Heinemann answered.
 
“But I don't know your name but Lone Wolf and Hotel One.” Beast boy Said.
 
“Lieutenant Charlie Adams, U.S.ARMY Special Forces.” Adams introduced himself.
 
“I'm Major General Karl Heinemann, the German Armed Forces, Wehrmacht.” Heinemann introduced himself too.
 
“Will you go now?” Cyborg asked. “Come with us and find something to eat.”
 
“Maybe later, Cyborg.” Adams said. “My mission is over, I have to get back to the base and prepare for the next mission. And the next time when you're in trouble, you can call us via your communicator.”
 
“OK, see you later.” Cyborg said.
 
“See you.” Adams said and got on a chopper.
 
“Oh, Raven. This is your book, I took it from the shooter's pocket.” Heinemann said as he gave a book to Raven.
 
“Thank you.” Raven said. “See you again.”
 
“Auf Wiedersehen.” Heinemann said, waved his hand and got back on a chopper. A Pilot powered his Huey for taking off and then flew away.
 
-The End-