Fan Fiction ❯ Suraj Hua Maddham ❯ Teach Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 "Teach me."

Author's notes: Well, I'm certainly surprised people read this. Shows my confidence in my writing. Skye, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I wrote it, then posted it, then went to bed. I never really wanted to attempt Frodo/Legolas slash, but I figured if I turned Frodo into an Elf, it'd work, wouldn't it? And yes, I know Hobbit's have pointy ears, what I was getting at is that they're even more pointy…I guess I need to work on my clarity skills…ANYWAY, enough from me, read on and please review!

* * *

Frodo felt his ears, and he was positive a hobbit ear was not this pointy. Nor were their bodies this tall and slender. "What has happened to me?" he repeated, clutching at the wall. The Ring was still around his neck, showing prominently in the wake of his torn shirt. Frodo held up his hands and stared at them. They were now longer and more slender, and the nephew of Bilbo Baggins knew he wasn't himself anymore.

"Young Elf," one of Galadriel's maidens spoke up, breaking Frodo from his horror of being turned into something that wasn't a hobbit, and said, "what are you doing up so early? And your clothes! My goodness, have you been in a war?"

The Ring Bearer looked frantic. "Elf? Miss, I am not an Elf, I am a hobbit from Hobbiton in the Shire!"

The maiden looked at him, bewildered. She rushed up to him, and felt his forehead with her cool hand. "You're not running a fever…what could be the cause of your hallucinations?" she wondered. "I'm going to get you some new clothes, young Elf. Those torn clothes are not going to do when you are a guest of Lady Galadriel."

Frodo now looked annoyed. "Miss, if you'll just listen to me for a moment-" he didn't get a chance to argue with her, as she hurried off. Seeing as though he wouldn't win that contest, he ran a hand through his brown hair, and found it had grown to be past his shoulders, to the middle of his back. The only thing that was the same from last night as the fact his hair was curly. "How could this have happened?" Absently, he played with a ring that was on his finger, then stopped. "What the? Where did I get this ring from?" He peered at it. The ring was silver, in a circular outline design, with a sparkling blue stone in the middle. It was certainly large, but it seemed to fit Frodo's finger perfectly.

"Who're you?" a sleepy voice, that Frodo recognised as Pippin's, mumbled.

"Pippin, it's me, Frodo," Frodo replied, turning around to face his friend.

Pippin's eyes widened, and he drew his knife. "Look, I don't know who you are, Elf, but you sure don't look like the Frodo Baggins I know!"

Frodo kneeled down so that he was eye-level with Pippin, and looked him square in the eyes. "Peregrin Took, look at me in my eyes and tell me that I am not your friend Frodo Baggins son of Drogo."

The younger hobbit bit his lip, unsure, but when he looked deep into Frodo's clear blue eyes, he looked reassured, and put his knife away. "You have the same eyes as Frodo," Pippin admitted, still looking unsure. "But you're not Frodo. You're an Elf…who looks remarkably like Frodo."

"I am Frodo, see?" Frodo said, showing Pippin the Ring that was secured on a chain around his neck. "Only the real Frodo Baggins would have this, wouldn't he?"

Pippin nodded. "That he would. Unless you're a scoundrel that raided him in his sleep and are now claiming to be Frodo to worm your way into the Fellowship!"

Frodo let out an aggravated sigh, putting his face in his hands. "Peregrin Took, you have the most over-active imagination I've ever known!"

"I'm only kidding, Mr. Frodo," Pippin laughed, patting the hobbit-turned-Elf on the back lightly. "Are those Elf senses of yours making you hyper-sensitive?" Frodo muttered something and flicked Pippin between the eyes. "Ow!"

"Pippin, who's that Elf you're talking to?" Merry asked, with Sam on his heels. "And have you seen Frodo? Sam's out of his mind in worry."

Pippin turned to the still-kneeled down Frodo, and gestured proudly. "This would be our beloved Frodo Baggins."

"You're kidding me!" Sam exclaimed. "This cannot be our Mr. Frodo! I don't know if your eyes are going bad, Pippin, but this isn't Frodo! This is an Elf!"

"Who looks remarkably like Frodo," Merry admitted. "But it's an Elf. And we all know our dear Mr. Frodo is a hobbit."

Frodo smiled warily, and showed them the Ring around his neck. "I am Frodo Baggins, Meriadoc Brandybuck, and my dear Samwise Gamgee. Who else would have this Ring in such a short amount of time and still remain in Lorièn?"

Sam's eyes widened, and he ran over, hugging Frodo tightly. "Oh Master Frodo! You had me so worried with your sudden disappearance early this morning! But it is you! I can see it now! By the Shire, what happened to you?"

"Sam, I am still trying to figure that out," Frodo replied, sitting down, as his knees were beginning to hurt. "I was a hobbit last night, and now I'm an Elf this morning."

"Do you think it's a sunlight thing?" Merry asked. "Like you're an Elf in the day, and a hobbit in the night?"

Pippin wrinkled his nose. "And you think my imagination is over-active?"

Frodo shook his head, and patted Merry on the shoulder. "No, I am afraid that it is not that, Merry. What it is, I do not know. Is the rest of the Fellowship up in wake of my disappearance?"

Looking over his shoulder to see Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir and Gimli running to where the three hobbits and Elf were, Merry nodded. "I would go out on a limb and say they were awake, Mr. Frodo."

"We heard your exclamation, Samwise," Aragorn said. "What is the matter? And where is Frodo?"

"Look in front of you, Strider," Pippin replied. Aragorn did, and looked back blankly at Pippin, as if to question Pippin's directions. "You're looking at Frodo Baggins."

Gimli wrinkled his nose. "You hobbits are blind, aren't you? This isn't a hobbit, this is an Elf, with torn clothes that look to be too small to fit him."

Sam spoke up next, "if you look carefully, Mr. Gimli, you can see the Ring around his neck. Only one person we know could have the one Ring and still be in Lorièn."

"Frodo?" Aragorn whispered, as Frodo stood up and was eye-to-eye with the Man. "Is that really you?"

Frodo nodded. "It is indeed, Aragorn. Although I am obviously not myself."

"You sure aren't," Legolas said, tilting his head to the side. "How did you turn from a hobbit to an Elf?"

"I am not quite sure, Legolas," Frodo replied, shrugging. "I do know I was a hobbit when I talked to Lady Galadriel last night and she told me to look into her mirror."

Pippin snapped his fingers. "Did you drink from the mirror water bowl thing? That could have done it!"

Sam smacked Pippin around the head. "Frodo didn't drink from Galadriel's mirror, you fool of a Took!"

"Ow," Pippin half-whined, rubbing his head. "That's some backhand you have there, Samwise Gamgee. You involved in some kind of sport fighting we don't know about?"

The maiden of Galadriel that had diagnosed Frodo with having some kind of fever returned, with folded white clothes in her hand. "Excuse me," she said sweetly, swerving in between the Fellowship to Frodo. "Here you go, young Elf. Compliments of the house of Galadriel. They will do perfectly instead of those torn shreds of clothing." She turned to the rest of the Fellowship. "Do you know who this Elf is?"

Aragorn nodded. "He is Frodo Baggins, a part of our Fellowship."

The maiden looked confused. "But wasn't Frodo a hobbit? This is clearly an Elf, Estel."

"We're bloody well aware of that," Sam muttered.

"Something to happened to Frodo last night that turned him into an Elf. We are still unsure as to what that was," Aragorn replied.

The Maiden shrugged. "Whatever it is, Lady Galadriel would like to speak to you all before you leave on your journey."

By the shore where the Lorièn boats are docked

Galadriel handed them each a present, as well as the food and clothing that would help them with their harsh journey to Mordor. Each had a moss green cloak that was pinned with a beautiful broach. Each of their presents would help them in their journey, and to Frodo, she gave a philal of light. Gimli, not wanting to share a boat with two Elves went with Sam and Aragorn, while Frodo went into the boat with Legolas. They departed over the river Anduin, as Galadriel stood on a bank and waved goodbye to them. "I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. <Namárië!> May it be a light for you in dark places when all other lights go out," she whispered.

Frodo knew there was only one member of the Fellowship that could help him with his new body and Elven powers. He decided to test out his new skill in fluent Elvish. `Legolas,' Frodo began, capturing the attention of the blond Elf.

`Yes?' Legolas responded, rowing gently behind Aragorn, with Boromir and Merry and Pippin behind them.

`This new Elven body…it's so new to me, and kind of scary,' Frodo confided, peering over the edge of the boat to see his new reflection.

Legolas looked back to the Elf, and smiled. `I would suppose it would be Frodo. One moment you're a hobbit, and the next, you are an Elf. I would think it would be a drastic change in both mind and body.'

Frodo nodded, and fidgeted a little, wrenching a part of the cloak in his hands. `Legolas, there is something I wish to ask you.'

`Ask me anything you want, Ring Bearer,' Legolas said, rowing gently.

"Frodo!" Aragorn's voice pierced their conversation, "the Argonath! Long have I desired to look upon the Kings of old. My kin."

Both Legolas and Frodo looked up at the pillars of the Kings, Isildur and his son, Anárion. `This is Aragorn's lineage?' Frodo asked.

Legolas nodded. `Indeed. Aragorn, as you must have heard, is Isildur's heir, to the throne of Gondor.'

`Legolas, I want to ask you something,' Frodo began, the Elven words coming to him as if he'd known the language all his life.

`What is it?' Legolas asked, stopping his paddling to look back at Frodo.

(This is going to sound so stupid) Frodo thought, but bit on his lip a little more. `I want you to teach me,' he blurted.

The Prince of Mirkwood's eyes widened in surprise. `Teach you? What do you want me to teach you, Frodo?'

`I want you to teach me…how to be an Elf,' Frodo explained. `There are so many powers that Elves have that I have now, and I do not know how to control them. You are the only person I can ask of this favour.'

Legolas stayed silent for a moment, the only sound slicing the silence was Legolas' oar cutting through the water. `Yes, I will help you with your new body, Frodo. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be in another species' body.' He chuckled, causing Frodo to raise an eyebrow. `If and when this is all over, you can tell all your hobbit friends that you were an Elf. I'm sure you'd be the talk of the Shire with that tale.'

`That is if I finish with the other journey I originally set out to do,' Frodo pointed out, a smile on his lips. `Thank you, Legolas.'

`You are very welcome, Frodo,' Legolas said, nodding and turning back to rowing their boat behind Aragorn with Gimli and Sam. As they navigated further down the river Anduin, both Legolas and Aragorn noticed the Uruk-Hai hiding itself in the forest along the river. (You may need your new-found Elven powers to help you escape the evil that follows us…I will have to work quickly to show you how your Elven powers can help you…)

`What are you thinking about, Legolas?' Frodo's smooth Elven voice interjected, cutting off Legolas' thoughts.

Legolas looked back at Frodo. `Just about what lies ahead for us, Frodo. The path is dark and unknown. It gives a traveller a lot to think about.'

`There is always a light even when there appears to be none,' Frodo replied, looking at the gift of Light Galadriel gave to him. `Always look to the northern light…that's what Bilbo used to tell me.'

For a moment, Legolas' eyes widened, but he quickly dismissed the thought that came to his mind. `That's good advice…we'll certainly need that light…' (This is too much of a coincidence…but I doubt that is what Galadriel meant…)

-TBC-

Author's notes: Well that looks a little bit better than the first chapter. Does it sound a little too corny to you? I guess it's just me being finicky with my work. Please review and let me know what you think! Suggestions are welcome, because ya know, I have no idea what I'm really doing… ^__^*