Fan Fiction ❯ Talisman ❯ Law of the Gods ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There are very few beings in all of Creation that do not lust after wealth and power over others. These beings take on a `God-like' role in the universe, merely observing the struggles of others and watching with curiosity as races evolve.
 
One such race of beings are the Dragons. Seen in many different cultures all around the universe, these intelligent and omnipotent creatures held roles of varying degrees of interference. Some were guardians, commissioned with the protection of a race in their primary stages of development; others were destroyers, sent to lay waste to entire civilisations that were deemed a threat to the existence of the universe itself. The roles of many remained in-between these two extremes, simply watching, waiting for the spark of sentience and the understanding and racial maturity that would show they were `ready'.
 
Dragons were above the laws of every race in the universe. Only one law governed their existence. They were prohibited from interfering directly with a race and therefore influencing their natural evolution. To do this would give that race an advantage over all others and could potential cause the destruction of every single form of life in the cosmos.
 
Laws, however, rarely remain unbroken.
 
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
 
A/N: just a teaser, adding a little background to the universe in which my story resides. Its written t be a little hazy, this is not the time for everything to be revealed. I promise you it will…in time.
 
/*-Female Typhoon-*\