Fan Fiction ❯ Tamborine ❯ City of Gold ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Amongst the watery blue sky, wispy white clouds weaved in and out of each other. A white shadow glided though the air on an enormous forty foot wingspan, Diping down here and there. Suddenly, The entire cloud pattern changed from looking like a knitted quilt to in the chape of an enormous spiral. It spun around slowly, over and over again as the gigantic winged animal moved over an old city.

Music was playing from on top of the animal, which, soaring down to glide over an almost dry lakebed, was now fully visible. It was a chimera. A white lion with massive bird wings and a blue mane. It lifted to the right, gliding upward again. There was now a girl visible on its back. She looked to be about fifteen, with flowing dark brown hair and golden eyes. She was dressed in many colorful, flwoing robes that rippled off of her like water. In her hand she held a tamborine, and was beating it to a tune without a melody. She paused for a moment, looking skyward to the spiral cloud. She stood up on the chimera, which glided up into the sky, over an enormous wall. She spread her arms out, her robes flapping on her arms. She whisked her hands around, and once again, the clouds changed from a spiral to thier noramal, wispy shapes, somewhat circling the city.

Just as her music started up again, someone shouted something from down on the ground. The girl leaned over, peering down onto the ground. There stood two figures, a young boy and and an elderly man. She put her face near the lion's enormous head, whispering something. The chimera circled, then dove down ont the dirt. He stopped about fifteen feet from the two people.

"Hey!" THe little kid shouted, running over to her. The girl climbed off of her chimera and waved. "You are a sorceress, arent you?" The boy jumped up and down and ran around the chimera over and over again. The old woman hobbled over.

"What is your name, sorceress?" SHe asked sternly. The girl looked at her with kind eyes.

"My name..." She said, "Is Laksha."

"Laksha?" THe old woman murmered. "You are Laksha? The girl famous for so many things?" Laksha smiled and nodded. "Why have you come to our broken city?" She said, lifting her hand, palm up,lined up with the delapadating golden wall. There was a sight pause.

"This city was not always like this." Laksha said, looking around the crumbling city. THe little boy's spirit suddenly died. Everything was silent for a long time.

"It was them."The old woman finally said. Laksha looked up at her. "They came here for no reason. We never did anything to them. They destroyed our city for nothing." She looked up and the wispy clouds.

"Don't worry," Laksha said, smiling. "Someday... someday I am going to find them. I am going to get revenge for what they have done... to your city, and to mine." Laksha jumped back onto her chimera. "Go, Agua!" SHe exclaimed. THe lion lifted his massive body from the ground with ease. He soared up into the sky, fifty feet above the two figures on the ground.

"Rebuild this city, make it beauiful. Make it back to what it used to be. Make it a city of gold."