Fan Fiction ❯ The Act of Shadows: (Part 2) ❯ Paint it Black ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
"No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes"

- Rolling Stones. Paint It Black.
Silence, thats all he could hear.

Dimitri found himself back in that strange world he stumbled upon six months earlier. He looked around for anyone but no one was there.

He kept his guard up in case he came back to finish the job.

He looked down to check if he was alright, he noticed that his black attire has been switched to pure white.

He searched through the whole world for what seemed like hours. But then he heard someone crying.

He looked to his left and saw Raven, standing in her military jacket "SD-11738 RAVEN." from long ago. Dimitri walked toward her.

"Katrina, whats wrong?"

Suddenly the image of Raven transformed into the beast from the archive room. Dimitri was staring back at an old nightmare that wouldn't escpe his mind.

Dimitri hesitated to attack, the next moment he knows he's grabbed and thrown across the strange world. landing down on a floating mass of land. He looked back and the beast that was Raven dissapeared.

"The Fear."

He looked behind him and saw Raven, wearing the same white attire from before. He got up on his feet.

"That was the Fear, The very same fear that will consume the world."

He looked back at her, wondering what was going on.

"What is this place?"

"This is my world, my mind." said Raven, her eyes hidden within her cloak.

"How did I end up here?" said Crow.

"Your mental spirit forced itself here."

"Am I dead?"

Raven shook her head. "No, you wouldn't be here if you were dead."

Dimitri looked at Raven. Now seeking answers.

"What were you talking about? What is The Fear?"

Raven looked back at Dimitri.

"My original purpose."

Suddenly another Raven wearing the usual attire came out of nowhere and started to walk toward him. She was talking to herself.

"I am not a weapon, I am not a tool."

beside her was the Raven wearing the military jacket. She was also talking to herself.

"Who am I, Why am I here. Why do I exist."

The white Raven looked at Dimitri.

"Before you came, these were the only thoughts I had about my past. I always wanted to forget the day I learned the truth. About myself, about my past."

Raven took off her cloak. Revealing her face.

"And about you, brother."

Raven grabbed Dimitri and hugged him.

"Thanks for showing me that I don't have to run."

The two Ravens dissapeared into nothing.

Dimitri looked at his sister.

"What is my purpose? What did father made me for."

Raven let go of him and looked into his eyes.

"You are The Fury."

"The Fury?"

She nodded. "Yes, I am The Fear and you are The Fury."

Dimitri thought about this. If that beast back at the archives room was The Fear, then what sort of beast was he?

Dimitri looked back at Raven.

"Where do you think they'll take us?"

"I don't know." said Raven.

"What do you think they are going to do to us?" asked Dimitri.

"I don't know."

Dimitri put his hands on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll get through this. I'll make sure of it."

Suddenly, Dimitri felt he was losing his grip into this world. He felt himself get lighter and his vision suddenly went to black.
__________________________________________
Dimitri felt a cold chill blowing past his face.

He opened his eyes and looked around, he saw that he was encased in a small space. A clear wall was blocking his path to freedom. In this place he saw no one. Just darkness.

He got up and stumbled to the wall, still feeling light headed from the sedative.

He felt around, looking for a way out but found nothing. He then backed up and held out his right hand.

"AZERATH METRION ZINTHOS!"

A black energy mass nearly doubling Dimitri in size shot for the wall but failed to destroyed it.

"Forget it. That bullet-proof glass is experimental military grade. Not even a tank round could bust it."

A figure walked out of the shadows to reveal himself. It was Red-X.

"WHERE IS SHE?!?" said Dimitri furiously.

"She's still alive Mr. Krad."

"LAY ONE FINGER ON HER AND I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU LIKE A DOG!"

"I don't think you are in a position to make threats. You have about 45 minutes worth of air in your little prison."

Dimitri immediatly calmed down to slow his breathing. He didn't want to rush his death along.

"Starting to feel a little scared Dimitri? Thats what we expect."

A large and mysterious figure walked from the shadows. Red X stepped out of his way.

"Enough."

Dimitri immediatly recognized his voice.

"Tin-man."

"It's been a long time Dimitri. I see you finally learned your powers."

Dimitri looked back at him and grinned. "How's the arm?"

Slade looked at his left arm. "I think you should be more worried about your sister if I were you."

Dimtri looked at Slade, his eyes filled with anger.

"Where is she?"

"First lets talk, We havn't seen each other in a considerable long time." said Slade.

Dimitri immediatly suppressed his anger, fearing what could happen if he let it out of control.

"Your powers are simular to your sister's, possibly even more powerful."

Dimitri just listened, he knew he could do nothing.

"Though you are powerful, your powers are unrecognized." Slade got closer to the glass wall.

"You could be the most powerful living thing in this world."

"What do you want from me?" said Crow.

"If you become my apprentice, I can show you how powerful you really are."

"What makes you think I'd join you?" said Dimitri.

"I don't think you have a choice."

In the background, Red-X threw someone to the ground. It was Raven, still half-dazed from the seditaves.

"KATRINA!!!"

"....Di....Dim.."

Sudden ly, Slade ran to her and kicked her in the stomach with great force, Raven screamed and withered in pain.

"YOU BASTARD!"

"I'm going to ask you again. Join me or she dies." said Slade.

Dimitri knew she couldn't defend herself, she was too dazed to do anything.

".....no....Dimitri.....don't..."

Dimitri clenched his fist.

"No, I will not join you."

"An unwise choice." Slade grabbed Raven and sat her on her feet.

"a.....azer...met..."

Slade punched Raven in the stomach, As she knelt down in pain Slade pounded her to the ground. He then kicked her against the glass wall. Making sure Crow saw the whole thing.

Raven was starting to cough up blood.

Dimitri was feeling a rage that was starting to take over his body. He felt it flow through him as he saw Raven on the ground, her head laying in a puddle of blood.

"Now will you join me?" said Slade, cracking his knuckles.

Dimitri pounded on the glass in frustration. Red-X sat in the corner and watched it all unfold before him.

"THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND ME YOU BASTARD, LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"You know how to stop this Dimitri," Slade inched up to the glass.

"I'm not going to ask you again. Your allegiance or her life."

Dimitri's thoughts conflicted him, If he joined him, He'd fail his sister. If he didn't, she would die. His breathing got heavier as the rage engulfed his soul.

"No!"

"Too bad."

Slade grabbed Raven and set her against the glass. He reached back and punched her in the face and stomach. Dimitri closed his eyes and felt the shock run up his spine as he heard her screams of pain, the sound of bone cracking and breaking. He felt the rage consume his body, it now couldn't be suppressed.

When the noise stoped, he opened his eyes and saw a blood trail on the glass that led down to Raven, slumped over against the glass. She wasn't moving.

"no.....how....could....?" Dimitri couldn't believe it.

"How sad, she died because of your selfish decisions. But thats okay, you wont have to live with the guilt for long. You have about 15 minutes of air left."

Suddenly, the rage was building up heavily in his mind and throughout his body. The memories ran through his head. He remembered his own words, his promise which meant nothing now.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you again."

"I can't stand the thought of losing you."

"I suggest you stand up." said Slade. "Better to die on your feet than crawling on your knees."

"You....I....Will...Kill......You!"

Slade looked into the glass.

Looking back into his soul were 4 red eyes.

Suddenly, A raging black fire encircled Dimitri. it enveloped all around him and spread throughout his confinement. The unbreakable glass was now cracking. Slade backed away but nothing could escape this rage. The glass broke and fires raged throughout the dark building until the whole facility went up in flames.

The building top was blown away. In the distance, the Titans saw this black flame rise from an abandoned prison situated on top of a high cliff as it took shape of a bird.

"LOOK!." said Starfire.

"C'mon before it's too late." said Cyborg as he started to run toward the abandoned prison.

"Hold on man. We'll be there soon." Cyborg told himself. Fearing he'll lose the only person he truly connected with in a long time.

As the black fires receded, a ring of bright orange and red fire formed at the center of the abandoned prison.

On one side was Slade, picking himself up.

On the other was Dimitri. Floating in the air as the black fires engulfed him.

In the middle was Raven, still motionless in a pool of blood.

Dimitri lifted up his hand and pointed at the fires encirling them both.

"Behold, The Flames of Fury. The Fires of Hell that will purge your black soul into oblivion."

Red X shot red energy bolts out of nowhere and connected it, but it didn't seem to have no effect. it didn't even phase Crow.

"I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU YEARS AGO!" screamed Slade.

Suddenly, Slade ran and tried to hit Crow with punches and kicks. But Crow dodged them like as if he knew what Slade was going to do next.

Slade made an attempt to punch him but Dimitri grabbed his fist and started squeezing. Slade screamed in pain as his hand was being crushed. He then pushed Slade on the ground.

Dimitri floated on top of Slade and grasped his metal mask. Slade gripped his arm but to no avail. He screamed as his mask was begining to crush on his face.

"That's it Slade, Feel the fury. Feel the same pain you inflict on others."

Dimitri raised his other hand. He was now going to finish off Slade forever.

But then a conflict arose in his head.

What was he doing? Why was he doing it? Wouldn't killing him make him just as worse as Slade? Was he a hero or another monster just like Slade?

Suddenly his homcidal urge was slowly leaving his mind.

Dimitri picked up Slade and looked at him, his mask was cracked and started to fall apart. His eyes full of anger at being defeated.

"If you're going to kill me, do it now!" yelled Slade.

"You are a heartless monster. This world doesn't need another monster to hide in fear from. I will not be like you." said Dimitri.

Dimitri reared back and threw Slade over the fire. He knew he took his escape.

Dimitri looked over and saw Red-X. Still standing there in fear at this nightmare.

"Leave now." said Dimitri, the 4 red eyes glaring at him.

Red-X turned around and jumped over the fire. He was gone.

Now the only ones in that ring of fire was Dimitri and Raven.

Dimitri floated toward her and picked her up. He face was bloodied and bruised. He checked her heart pluse, there was hardly any pulse.

Suddenly the fire died down and dissapeared. Cyborg, Robin, Beast Boy and Starfire showed up. When they came they immediatly stoped at what they saw. They were motionless.

Dimitri stared back at them, knowing they were too scared to come any closer. Then he felt his head starting to feel lighter. His eyes turned back to their original form. He then fainted in exhaustion, dropping Raven beside him.

The Titans ran toward them.

"Oh man, look at Raven." said Beast Boy.

"Starfire, Get Raven to the Tower now. Cyborg, you carry Crow."

Cyborg looked at Dimitri, wondering what he's been through. He grabbed him and slung him over his shoulder and followed the rest to the Tower.