Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Cloud Over Hyrule ❯ The Gatekeepers ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Link stepped over the defeated Stalfos and walked up to the main entrance of the castle, which was blocked by two intersecting axes, held by two familiar foes. Link would try to push one of the axes away when all of a sudden the Ironknuckle came to life and swung its giant axe horizontally in the direction of Link, which barely missed Link's head. Shortly after the first swing of an axe, the second one sprang to life and walked towards Link slowly with a giant axe held tightly by its metal fingers. Link kept his eyes on both Ironknuckles and watched them closely. Link leaped back after one of the metal tyrants swung vertically at Link, making the axe slam into the ground with incredible force, making it hard for the Ironknuckle to pull out. Seeing the Ironknuckle vulnerable, Link leaped forward and sprung off the metal handle of the axe and towards the Ironknuckle, jamming his powerful sword into the back of the monster, the tip of the fancy sword protruding from its back. Now balancing on the axe handle once again, Link, using all of his strength, pulled the sword upward, slicing all the way up the chest and slicing the head into two pieces. Link would swiftly leap off the axe and roll on the ground as the second Ironknuckle swung its sword at Link, but missed and chopped the first Ironknuckle in half. Link slowly made his way to his feet and reached for a bomb, but didn't find one. The Ironknuckle walked slowly towards Link and at that moment Link withdrew his Hookshot and fired it straight into the face of the Ironknuckle, propelling Link into the Ironknuckle. Link, pulling out his sword with his other hand while wearing his shield on his back. He then pulled out the Hookshot and fell to the ground, but not before slicing off the Ironknuckle's head. The Ironknuckle swung around its axe without aim, almost hitting Link on two occasions. Link returned his Hookshot and withdrew his shield as he began to sneak behind the Ironknuckle. Once he was behind it, and the metal tyrant had no idea where he was, he charged up his super-slash and cut the Ironknuckle into multiple pieces. Link ditched the dismembered Ironknuckles and ran into the entrance of the castle. This time, unlike the last, had no traps and no different rooms. He casually walked up the first set of stairs, then into the next room, and up yet another set of stairs. Link knew there was something in the castle that could clear everything up and answer all of his questions because he knew something was wrong. There were multiple red flags thrown up along the way that let him know something wasn't right. First of all, nobody was in the castle and it was much darker with that feeling of darkness. Also, all of the monsters he fought had to come from somewhere. Link reached a familiar staircase and started walking up. When he was at about the half way mark he started running up the stairs as fast as he could and when he reached the door at the top of the stairs he opened it and ran inside. The room was pitch black and absolutely no light was present whatsoever. Link was about to withdraw a fire arrow to add some light when suddenly a dim light appeared, which grew more intense until a figure was clearly visible in the room. The figure could not clearly be seen but Link knew exactly who it was. The figure was tall and wore a cape. On his head there was hair on either side of his head, but in the middle he couldn't see any, letting him know that on the top he was bald. Link took a step forward and as he did so the voice of the figure could be heard. At this point there was no question in Link's mind as to who was the person behind all of this madness.

"I've been waiting for you, Link. I knew you would come sooner or later. It is time for me to get my revenge for what you did to me…so long ago. Remember, Link, when I told you I would be back?" The voice said.

Link didn't say a word. Instead, he held out his shield and pulled back his sword, being in the fighting position that he was normally in when he fought someone or something.

"Ha! You are still a kid. There is no way you can win. Prepare to die." He said.