Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Cloud Over Hyrule ❯ The Sage's Guidance ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When Link awoke he found himself in a very familiar place. He slowly made his way to his feet and dusted himself off as he searched for any cuts or bruises. As he looked around the familiar place he was stunned to see that he was in Hyrule Temple! His eyes widened as he looked around, seeing the place where he placed the three stoned in their slots to open the door of time. He stood there for a minute trying to figure out how he got where he was and what happened to Ganondorf and Zelda. Link thought that it could have been the Sages but he wasn't sure. He looked around for another minute until he realized that the door of time was wide open! Link dashed up the small steps and into the main room of the Hyrule Temple, where light would still shine into the window and onto the Master Sword, even when the sky was pitch black.

"Why was I brought here? Who brought me?" He asked himself in a low-toned voice.

He then looked at the sword, which he pulled from the stone so long ago and he thought that, perhaps, he was to pull the sword from the stone once more and defeat Ganondorf for the last time. He was a bit worried though, because he didn't know if the world could survive another period of Link's absence, because he remembered what happened the first time he removed the sword from the stone. Link decided to do it anyway, because he knew that it was the only way he could win. He placed his hands on the handle of the sword and gripped it tightly as his eyes focused on the blade. He pulled up as hard as he could and after a few seconds he pulled the sword from the stone and fell on his back with the master sword in his hand and his eyes staring up at the ceiling of the Hyrule Temple. He looked down, expecting to see a mature body, but to his surprise, he saw that he was still a kid. Was he already ready to fight Ganondorf with the master sword? That was the only conclusion he could reach as he made his way to his feet and swung around the master sword, getting used to its size, which was about the same size of his Gilded sword. He wondered how long he was in the Temple as he walked out of the temple with his sword and shield in each hand. As he approached the castle once again, he saw that Epona was still in her place and passed her after spending about a minute with her. He walked through the field and when he reached the castle he saw that there was some sort of barrier around the castle. Link ran forward and tried to slash the barrier, but the barrier wouldn't break and Link was stuck outside. He tried kicking, slashing, and shooting the barrier, but the barrier seemed too strong to break. Just as Link was about to give up, rainbow energy surrounded the barrier and slowly destroyed it. Link was puzzled and said.

"Who are you?"

He didn't get an answer, but he had a strong feeling that it was the sages who were helping them out again. He ran inside the castle and dodged the lasers that were shot at him, which he did not see the first time around. The blue lasers followed him as he ran every step he took it would seem like the laser was right behind him. He reached a door at the top of one of the first staircases when he found that the door was locked. He pounded on the door and saw the lasers moving closer and closer to him. The light blue laser moved across the wall, and the other, moved across the floor, almost at Link's foot. He slammed his fist one last time against the door and it flew open, making Link fall in and the lasers miss him narrowly. He swiftly kicked the door shut and said.

"I'm positive that door was locked! Who is helping me?!"

Link made his way to his feet and walked through numerous doors and down numerous familiar hallways, none of which contained lasers like the original. He finally found himself at the bottom of the large stairway, which lead him to Ganondorf. He walked up the stairs, his eyes showing great fear and his arms shaking. He went over a strategy in his mind, but he decided it would be best just to forget about it because he knew that the second the battle started he wouldn't be following it. Before he knew it he was face to face with the door that was the only thing keeping him from Ganondorf and his destiny. He gripped the master sword tightly and held up his shield as he pushed open the door.