Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Cloud Over Hyrule ❯ A Helping Hand ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Now it's time to finish you off." Ganondorf said, with a serious look on his face.

Then, Ganondorf withdrew a rather long sword, which he kept well hidden. He twirled it around and preformed a few moves just to show Link what he was up against. Link stood there, holding up his shield up and the Master Sword at his side as Ganondorf darted towards him, preparing to kill Link with one blow of his mighty sword. Link stood there, ready to put his life on the line to protect Hyrule and the rest of the world. Ganondorf swung with his sword, but Link blocked with his shield before countering with a slash of his own, which like Ganondorf's, was blocked, but not with a shield. Ganondorf seemed to be able to make a barrier whenever he felt like it, which could withstand anything. Link didn't know how he was going to defeat Ganondorf, but he knew he wasn't going to give up, and that he would defeat Ganondorf, even if it meant losing his life. Ganondorf pushed his hand forward, which fired an energy ball into Link's chest, which sent him flying back a few feet. When Link looked up he saw Ganondorf with his sword raised high above his head, ready to kill Link with one finishing move. Suddenly a fireball came out of nowhere and struck Ganondorf in the back, which didn't really hurt him by the look on his face, it merely surprised him. He stopped, and stood up straight, his face showing intense anger as he turned around.

"Stop this!" Princess Zelda yelled.

"You! How did you get out? I locked you up!" Ganondorf said.

"I got help from some friends" She replied.

"Well, now…you must die!" He said as he rushed towards her with his sword raised above his head.

Ganondorf's speed was incredible. He could move multiple yards in a single second and had devastating strength. He drew closer and closer to Zelda, raising his sword above his head. When Ganondorf was about to slice Princess Zelda into two pieces, his eyes widened, and he arched his back as he screamed in pain, falling to one knee. White light began to surround his body after Link, catching him off guard, fired a Light Arrow directly into his back.

"Attack quickly before the effect of the Light Arrow wears off and Ganondorf regains his power! If you don't do it now there is no chance that he will allow the same mistake to happen again" Zelda yelled.

Link then threw his Hero Bow and Quiver aside and withdrew his sword and shield as he ran towards the fallen Ganondorf. Ganondorf saw Link heading for him so he stuck out his hands, trying to use his powers to set up a barrier, but the Light Arrow had neutralized them momentarily. Ganondorf's dark eyes widened as he saw the Master Sword, the same sword that was held by the same person who defeated him the first time, come across his face multiple times and then his chest about the same number of times. With every slash Ganondorf's green blood spill onto the ground and onto the blade of the Master sword, which was soon covered with it. After Link's furious assault on Ganondorf he stood there and watched the evil tyrant fall on his face, and lay there in a small puddle of his own blood. Link started at Ganondorf for a moment, then stepped over his motionless body and approached Zelda with a serious look on his face, handing her the Ocarina of Time, hoping she could set things straight again.

"Thank you, Link. You saved Hyrule once again." Princess Zelda said.

Link simply nodded and looked back at Ganondorf, who had not moved and inch, then around area, promising to himself that he wouldn't leave Hyrule, which seemed to be a magnet for trouble, alone again.