Fan Fiction ❯ The enigma of Darkness ❯ A butterfly in a web ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Enigma Of Darkness By: Tsukiko-san
Pairing(s): As of yet I don't know anything about the pairings. I don't even know if there will be romance.
Author's note: Wow it kind of feels weird not writing a disclaimer! (Disclaimer being a thing you write when you don't own something) Usually I write anime fanfics! So I'm not the only author writing this my friend Sasuya will write chapter 2. If she gets around to it, that is. Well enjoy this chapter!
 
 
-------“By route obscure, lonely, and haunted by ill angel.”~ Edgar Allen Poe--------
 
 
 
Chapter one: Butterfly caught in the web.
 
 
 
Held down by chains of memories or responsibilities; each link of the chain hold down the spirit that cannot go to heaven or to the fiery pits of hell. The spirits morph themselves into what we call ghosts. Sometimes ghost may exist because of our own selfish needs that want our love ones to be close to us even though they are hollow shells of their former selves. Also these translucent beings cannot let go of the living world and stay behind.
 
 
(Scene change)
 
In her mind's eye she saw the small waiting room with peach colored walls and a wooden box filled with kid's toys. A table held pamphlets fanning across the mahogany table. “Understanding Mental Illness.” Read in big bold red letters on a poster that hung on the wall with a picture of a woman holding her head and had an anguished expression upon her face. As if being mentally ill was like having a bad headache.
 
Finally reality set in and Lily saw the peach walls fade into a dirty sullied pigment with the paint chipping away in old age. Ivory vines wrapped around the table and held broken dolls captive in a leafy green prison. Lily reached for a particular grimy doll with cobwebs and dirt mattered in its hair. Her hand passed right through it….
 
She swiped her hand back like she was burned; she her eyes search frantically hoping that she was in a dream, a horrible dream. Lily reached again at the doll and once again her hand phased through.
 
She was sure that the hospital had slipped her some kind of hallucinogenic drug in her daily pills. The vile pills that the mental hospital gave her to `supposedly' cure her illness.
 
Once you lose your sanity you can never get it back.
 
The depressing thought once again entered her mind…..she is dead and she was bound to the living world by hackles that won't let her go.
 
 
(Scene Change)
 
 
 
His vision wavered slightly as he laced his fingers behind his head. He watched the shadows of the branches dance across his ceiling like broken shadows on the pristine white paint. With deliberate slow movements Greg made his way to the mahogany desk that stood in the corner of his room.
 
White glossy papers spilled out from a big brown envelope that had the name: `Greg Price' written neatly in bold black letters across the front. He rifled through the pictures of dorm rooms and campus life also a letter that congratulated him. He stuffed back all the papers back into the envelope as his heated glare willed the damn papers to burn…..this was in vain as he waited for the brown envelope to instantly combust. Greg gave up his feeble attempt and flung himself onto his bed.
 
The smell of laundry detergent coated his pillow while he buried his face into it. He groaned his frustration into the fluffy contraption as he blanched at the mental image of his mother's flushed face practically hugging the life out of him. His father held the fat envelope like a newly caught fish having a grin plastered onto his face.
 
Greg had elusively made up an excuse to not go celebrate with his family making him almost feel guilty when he saw his mother's crest fallen face; keyword being almost.
 
Yes, he felt overwhelmed with going to collage in the fall but he wasn't going to tell anyone that. He will just shove that useless emotion and cover it up with his `masculine' feelings (Which include cockiness and air headedness which all men can do perfectly). That's what a man does.
 
 
He learned one important rule in his life: (other then knowing some good insults to throw at your enemy which is a survival skill in life) Is always be happy, whether it be the artificial happiness that plagues society today or a real happiness that may never shine in a mundane world full of every shade of gray.
 
Sometimes he loses perspective and does something contradictory, and drowns in a pool of self pity. At the moment, it is the only task at hand that will satisfy his need to throw a tantrum that a 3 year old will be proud of.
 
 
(Scene change: back with Lily)
 
 
She wanted to breathe……
 
She wanted to have the blood flow through her veins……..
 
Anything but the mere illusion of what her life use to be………..
 
She wondered why man was fascinated by flying, since she was flying at the moment through the empty corridors of the withered asylum. Well if you want to be technical she was actually floating, her dull gray eyes scanned her surrounding finding nothing but broken shards of windows and ripped pieces of furniture that lay in mounds on the dusty floor.
 
Welcome to her humble abode.
 
Lily twisted a transparent lock of hair around a slender finger as she looked to the stained wall; it was stained in crimson liquid.
 
Blood….
 
Her lips turned into a small smile as she regarded the fiery blood that twisted into words and symbols that she did not understand. The blood had almost lost its red pigment, making it impossible to distinguish that it was the burning fluid that ran in human veins.
 
“I will live again…” She whispered softly a childlike innocence entered her dull grey eyes as the edges of her eyes tinged in malice.
 
“Nothing will stop me.” She murmured finally turning away from the crimson colored wall hoping to come up with a plan to her silent promise to herself.
 
--------------------- End----------------
 
Review please and I will write another chapter. A bit of foreshadowing to keep you at your toes, I hope I didn't confuse you in any way. If I did just review and I will try to clear that confusion (which will be a great feat in itself since I'm confused partially at times myself) A bit short….well thanks for reading!