Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ Mercy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: This chapter, I've decided is going to be in third person. Writing it in Siren's point of view would have taken too long and revealed way too much. I let a friend of mine pre-read some of my notes and plot line of this story and he asked me about some things; while double checking it I realized that some things seemed a bit yuri. This is not yuri, it is het. I'm just letting you know that, like in this chapter, there are some things that ended up seeming a bit fem slash that were completely innocent. I'm just letting you know ahead of time, just incase there are some readers who are opposed to lesbianism to great and ridiculous heights.
 
Thanks for reading this far and I hope you understand,
 
-StraitJacket
 
 
The Forgotten
 
 
Chapter Four: Mercy
 
As they stood at the door, they saw that Siren was looking to the trees and stood a few yards away from them. She suddenly turned in time to face a young girl racing towards her. Iroh was the first to notice that the girl's long brown hair was dripping wet and her clothes were damp as if she'd gotten dressed without drying off.
 
The girl sprinted to Siren in tears, a mixture of fear and pain. The cloaked woman was nearly knocked over in the teen's attempt to be near her. The girl, obviously from an earth-bending town, hid behind the woman as one of Zuko's soldiers ran into the clearing; from the soldier's obviously aroused state, he had came across the girl while she was bathing.
 
“Got your boyfriend looking out for you?” He slurred, obviously not seeing Zuko or Iroh. He had been drinking; the smell clung to him, making Siren's face contort into one of disgust. She held a protective arm out, shielding the shaking girl from his view.
 
The kids gasped as they watched a dark shadow like mist drift from Siren's back and connect with the girl. It slid over her and then enveloped her for a moment. The Earth Bender had calmed amazingly at the contact and the shadow seeped back into the cloaked woman.
 
“You tried to touch her,” Siren growled, rage and disgust dripping from every syllable. The soldier's eyes widened as it slowly registered that the tall figure before him was female. “Your death will be painful. Mercy, close your eyes and do not listen.”
 
The soldier laughed, and he did not see the shadows forming in her hands. A deadly looking scythe solidified in her waiting hands, its staff a deep black that the light did not seem to touch and the glade a vicious grin of an unnatural silver. At one moment it seemed as though Siren had disappeared, and the soldier began to scream loudly. Siren reappeared moments later her scythe dripping blood and her hands covered in the thick red liquid. They then noticed that the soldier was on his knees, with his shirt torn and tattered. A flap of skin was hanging from his lower belly, his intestines pulled out and wrapped tightly around his throat. Iroh was the only one to notice the blood flowing from between the young man's legs and the barely noticeable bulge to the soldier's neck. The word Siren was carved into the man's chest.
 
Siren dispelled her scythe and grabbed a hold of the man's shoulder before disappearing with him. Seconds later she reappeared in front of the girl, Mercy, and hugged her to her.
 
Mercy opened her eyes and sobbed into Siren's shoulder uncontrollably, the events now catching up to her. Siren tensed as the girl suddenly sagged against her. She gazed down at her and relaxed a little when she realized that Mercy had just fainted.
 
Siren carefully picked her up and carried the girl into the house. She summoned a hammock from the shadows and lay the young girl on it. Suddenly she turned to Iroh. Snarling, she ripped off one of her gloves and lay her palm over his forehead, her fingers digging hatefully into his scalp. His eyes widened slightly then rolled to the back of his head, his jaw was clenched shut so to stifle the small noise of pain from leaving his throat. Siren took her hand away suddenly and the old man fell to his knees panting.
 
“Your soldiers are lechers,” she growled. “If they ever even speak to Mercy in a manner I disapprove of I will slaughter your entire crew. I will damn their Shades to the forest and torture their minds until they fade from existence.”
 
Iroh looked up at the Bloody Siren in shock and pain. A severe migraine was washing over him and he doubted the creature would offer him any potion for it. He heard Zuko suddenly growl and attempt to say something. Iroh sent him a warning look, immediately stopping the boy from making a possibly fatal mistake. Aang, Zuko and Sokka were wondering what the tall figure could have done to bring the General to his knees with a single touch.
 
Iroh groaned as he sat in his chair again and winced slightly.
 
“I will make you something later, Iroh. I didn't feel like killing the boy, but it was obvious that you could have ordered the soldier away as well.”
 
“So, you knew who's in charge… You would have killed him anyway, Siren. What would be the point in my giving him orders?” He asked, his voice uncharacteristically tired.
 
Siren frowned and went to Katara's side. Piece of an arrow was still lodged in her side.
 
Zuko noted the style and muttered, “Zhao's archers.” They watched Siren swiftly remove the arrow and reached for a bowl of dark green paste. Katara let out a God-awful scream as soon as the salve touched her. The tall figure quickly sewed up the wound and cut the thread before the Water Bender fell back to the bed.
 
Siren helped the girl sit up before sitting against a wall herself and seeming studied the pained old man and confused teens.
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Hey, this one's a bit longer ^_^ Though I had to change the rating because of the soldier's punishment. If you guys think I need to raise it higher, please let me know. Eh, sorry about the wait, the internet got evil with me and then when I fixed it I realized that I couldn't find the disk this story was on… So, um, sorry about that… Well, anyways, I've got to work on “A Dead Man's Heart” cuz it kinda gave me writer's block and I have a weird writing style. I write out random chapters in a fic and then put them in the right order as I go along and fill in the missing chapters. Although you might understand, it's still confusing….
 
Thanks for reading this far,
 
-StraitJacket