Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of Judisho ❯ The Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

When Tsunami got to looking around outside, she thought she was going insane. "Something really weird is going on," she said passing a strange looking blue bird. It had a large horn on it's head and red streaks in it's feathers. What made the whole thing seem even stranger, was the fact there were thousands of those birds flying through the air. They were all coming from a floating village. "How can this be? I never remember these birds.....or that floating village....thing..," she said confused. "That is because it wasn't here before. You brought it back here," said Shiro. Tsunami didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about. "What do you mean back? What is going on Shiro....or whoever in the hell you are?" she yelled. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her in front of him. "Don't you ever talk that way to me that way again. Do you understand me," he yelled. "What is your problem?" she asked jerking away from him. "Nothing...I just hate girls with bad attitudes like you," he said mockingly. She knew now that good looks really wasn't everything with this guy. He was acting like a butt hole. Tsunami paused as she felt a rush of wind behind her. She turned around to see her home was gone. "What....where did it go??" she asked. "Since you are basically dead, you no longer see this house. It's your fault ya know," he said.
"How could I have caused this and how do you know what is going on?" she asked. He smirked and started walking ahead of her. "Hey...didn't you hear me?" she yelled running after him. As she caught up with him, she saw Yuki walking with a bunch of other girls. "Yuki!! She has to remember me," she said happily. Shiro pulled her back and shook his head. "Just as your brother she will not know you," he said. Tsunami was going to fight him when she saw the girls whom Yuki was walking with. Tara and Hiko.......those are the two most popular seniors at school. They are total snobs...why would she walk with them? she wondered to herself. Soon all of the girls disappeared into the wind. "They're gone too?"
She slid down onto the ground and sat there. "But why is that?" she asked sadly. Shiro sat down on the bench near them. "That sword you have in your possession belonged to a very powerful prince. His name was Judisho, the son, or should I say stepson of a king. Judisho was abandoned as a boy by his parents. They were very poor people who could not care for the infant. One night they decided to leave him at the palace gates in Shinjuku, where the king found the boy an hour later. He accepted him into his home and raised the boy. He had the best life growing up, having everything a kid at that time could ever want," he said.
"I know this story......it is in the book." Tsunami flipped it open and skimmed through the pages. "On the 4th Celestial day of the new year, the king and the rest of Shinjuku were engaged in battle. Prince Judisho was fighting along side his father, becoming one of the most powerful fighters of the war. Unfortunately his father was killed by the hands of Jiin, the leader of the clan only known the world as the Death Dragons. The death of his father sent him on the warpath. He wanted the avenge his father's death so badly, that he went to receive the aid of the goddess Mixaki. He wanted the power to not only destroy Jiin, but all of the Death Dragons. In return for the power to kill the army, he would sacrifice the one thing all humans need....his love. Sacrificing this, the prince lived out his day, being a heartless, non caring individual whom never felt love for anything or anyone. He was said to have died, not by the hands of Jiin during their battle, but by himself. Upon fighting Jiin, he had used so much of his power that he had used too much of his own life energy. He died on the 4the Celestial day of the new year, only 4 years after his father," she read aloud.
"Yes, the sword you have now was the great power he used to destroy Jiin....well what he used trying to destroy him," he said. "So you are saying what's in this book is real and that this guy Jiin didn't die?" she asked. "Yes...Jiin is very much alive. It has been 998 years since the battle between Jiin and Judisho. What that little book there doesn't tell you is that Jiin got back on his feet right after Judisho took his last breath. Jiin has been hiding somewhere in Japan for the last 998 years," he said taking out a piece of wood. "Well then he's a really old guy now isn't he? So how do you know all of this stuff?" she asked. He was sticking it into his pocket, not realizing he had dropped it. She picked it up and looked at it. There was writing all over it. "What is this?" she asked. "Hey!!! Those are the instructions my master gave me!" She started reading them to herself.
"Attn: Shiro Michi. Sensei has ordered that you take this mission. You are to find the one who posses the Sword of Judisho. If it is not brought back to the temple before the 9th Celestial Moon of the Second Season, there will be great trouble in the world. If the time of the ancients is awakened by the beholder of the sword, you must train them to use the sword. It will then be their mission to use the sword and stop the terror which they caused," she read astonished. "You mean I've got to use the sword?" she asked. "Yeah!" he said sarcastically. She just rolled her eyes and kept reading the note. " Even if the time of the ancients is in fact awakened, you must still bring the sword to the temple before the 9th Celestial Moon of the second season. If not, the evil which caused the death of the kingdom of Shinjuku will once again plague humanity." Shiro started to laugh. "What's so funny? This sounds serious," she yelled angrily. "I'm just wondering how in the hell I'm getting you to the temple in three days ready," he said to himself. Tsunami's eyes grew wide. "You mean that whole moon mumbo-jumbo is in three days?!!"
"Yeah.....," he said standing up. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's get going," she said grabbing his arm. She started pulling him with her but couldn't budge. "What's wrong? Why aren't you coming?" she asked confused. "The problem is....by the time we get to the temple, you must be strong enough to battle my master," he said. She looked at him in disbelief. "I have to fight????!!!!!! I........oh my god," she said covering up her face. "Do you know how to fight?" he asked. "Well.....I know a little but not enough to have to fight for my life!" she said in dread. "We'll walk as far as we can towards the temple and start training you," he said. "But why do I have to fight Shiro?" she asked. "Once you opened that case and activated the sword, you awakened a lost time which belonged to an ancient civilization. So you have to stop all the crap you started once you opened that damn case," he said sardonically.

<1 day later>

Tsunami sat near a sea brook, staring into the water. How did you get yourself into this? she wondered to herself. It had been a day since all of this had happened. Shiro and herself had wandered around different parts of the cities and towns near Tokyo. So far they were no where near the temple. It was now nighttime and she was very exhausted from all the walking and fighting that her and Shiro had been doing. Looking over her soldier she saw Shiro going through some kind of bag. She turned around to see what he was doing exactly. Upon doing so, she saw him taking his shirt off and sticking it into the bag. He realized that she was staring at him when she had quit complaining. "What are you staring at?" he asked. Shaking her head, she started blushing. "OH......oh....uhh......I'm sorry. I just have never seen muscles that big before," she said.
"Yeah, that's probably because you've never seen a guy with his shirt off before," he said closing the bag with a smirk. She was going to hound him for that comment and then realized he was right. "Anyway....I want to hit the sack," she said laying on the grass. She turned her head to the side to see what he was going to say next. Instead of getting any comments from him, she had the Emeraldes in her face. She jumped up and started yelling. "You should never throw sharp objects. Didn't your mother ever tell you how dangerous it is to throw sharp objects!!!? They could hurt someone," she said angrily. He pulled a long sword out of it scabbard and positioned it in front of himself. "No...I never had a mother," he said.
"I'm sorry to hear that," she said easing. "Don't be....there's no place for pity in this world," he said. She couldn't believe this guy. He seemed like Judisho...heartless. "Come on....we need to start," he said. Even though she just wanted to go to sleep, she positioned herself and watched him. He started swinging the sword gently in the wind, his pace getting faster and faster. "You know, you'd make a good dicer at a restaurant," she said giggling. He stopped and rolled his eyes.
"Would you please be serious. Now just do what I'm doing. Pretend you are etching the number eight that has been turned 90 degrees into the air. She started to do as he was doing. "Hey I'm getting the hang of this," she said happily. Just as she finished the sentence, she let go of the sword, hitting him in the groin. He fell over, grabbing himself. "Oh my god! Are you alright?" she asked trying not to laugh. "Do I look alright?" he said in a squeaky voice. She couldn't take it anymore. Her laughing had to be waking up everyone in the area. "Will you stop laughing!!! It is not funny," he said trying to stand up. She watched as he walked bowlegged to a tree stump to sit down. Her laughter grew even louder. "Could you please try that again without hitting me in the groin?" he asked painfully.
Once her laughing subsided, she picked her sword back up and started once again. "Just remember what I said before." Even though she was afraid she'd do the make the same mistakes again, she started swinging the sword again. "How am I doing?" she asked. Shiro stood up and walked up behind her. He grabbed her wrist and the other hand and wrapped it tightly around the sword. "You should do this with both hands," he said clearing his throat. He noticed how she was blushing. "Anyways, let's try this once more," he said. The sword slowly started to swing, eventually picking up speed. "Oh....that's how you do it," she said smiling. He let go and watched her swing the sword. Walking back to the tree stump, he picked up his sword and pointed it at her.
"I'm a little curious as to see your fighting skills," he said smiling. She couldn't believe this guy. "I have to fight you right now?" she asked. He nodded and started laughing. "Not only will we be fighting with swords, but....," he stopped and held out his hand. Blue streams of light gathered in his hand. "What is that?" she asked shocked. "Heh....the other item we will be using in our battle. You must find the power inside of you. Every possessor of the Emeraldes has a hidden power. It is your job to find it and use it to your advantage," he said. Now she really was scared. Before she could start whining, he charged at her. Swinging his sword in the air, it landed right in front of her. She leaped back, swinging the sword back.
The sword hit the edge of his shoulder, cutting through his skin. He fell back and grabbed his shoulder. she dropped the sword and ran to him. "I'm so sorry....I didn't mean to hurt you," she said frightfully. She ripped a piece of cloth of the end of her dress and started wrapping it around his arm. "It's okay, I let my guard down I guess," he said. He noticed how sad her eyes looked. "I guess paying attention in health class does help," she said with a laugh. "You seem sad," he said. She shook her head let go of the homemade bandage. "No....I'm not sad," she said looking down at the ground as she sat back on the grass. He knew she was lying. "Quit trying to hide it Tsunami.....I know you are sad about something," he said sitting up. Even though she didn't really want to talk about her problems with someone like him, she felt like she had no choice.
"Why don't you have a mother?" she asked. He started chuckling. "Why do you want to know?" he asked sarcastically. He leaned back on the grass and sighed. "Well I guess I should tell you.....after all you'll drive it out of me anyways. My mother died when I was very young. I lived with my father until he passed on when I was 6. I've been roaming around the world for sometime now," he said. "How old are you?" she asked curiously. "To most, I look like I'm 17 or 18, but I'm not. I was living around the time Judisho was. At that time I was one of his pupils. We were the same age both him and I but he was very powerful since he had the Emeraldes."
"We were best friends.....," he said. "So...how old are you?" she asked. He sniggered and smirked. "Well...let's say I have 1,023 years behind my belt," he said. She couldn't believe it. "You are that old?? Man...how do you stay looking so.....young?" she asked. "I am like Judisho. Do you know what the punishment was for killing a human being back then? They would lock you in a room that was full of pythons and scorpions, making you beg for mercy of forgiveness. If you did not beg, you were cursed 100 times over. Just as my old friend, I am cursed. I can not die naturally but I can be killed by someone or something else. Even though I have lived such a long and lonely life, I don't want to die. There are so many people that would die if I was to leave," he said. Tsunami had never known any of this.
"I have taken lives before," she said. He looked at her surprised. "How did you do it?" he asked. She leaned against a tree stump and moaned. "My mother and father had been fighting a lot. I hated it when they fought. One morning I heard a voice calling out my voice. It was very angelic like. Walking into my father's office, I discovered the jade case. My mother always told my father to never allow me to open it. Remembering where my father had stuck the key and went to get it. I started opening the case slowly, until I heard my mother yell. She came rushing into the room, backing me away from the case. It is hard to remember what happened next. All I can remember is waking up and finding my father and brother crying. Taiyou kept saying, "you killed her.....you killed her...."
"Did they say how you did it?" he asked. She shook her head. "No one knew how I did it.....I just.....well....did it. My father's office looked like a tornado had ripped through it. On the carpet you could see dried blood.......my mother's. I was only 6 years old when she died. Everyday I wish that I could find out what happened," she said sadly. He realized it was getting really late. "Perhaps we should get some sleep. We can finish training in the morning," he said. She nodded and walked over towards her tent. It wasn't really a tent, just something Shiro threw together at the last moment.

Tsunami laid on the ground, cuddling her backpack, which luckily hadn't disappeared like the rest of her stuff. She pulled out an old doll and looked at it. A breeze blew by her, lifting her loose strands of hair into the air. She felt like singing for some reason. Before she knew it, she had already started singing.

"beyond a moon so distant......
flies the angel of mercy....
silk wings of white and gold.....
powers as strong as the mighty leviathan....

flying beyond the village comes the seraph....
beauty and grace unimaginable.....
crystal tears fall from the sky........
kissing our pallid cheeks of cold....
meet thou two great.....
for you shall reawaken our lives....."

Tsunami had no idea where that came from. "I must be loosing it," she said to herself. She looked over to see Shiro, wide awake and staring at her. "I'm sorry....did I wake you?" she asked. He shook his head and turned over. "No....it's just that song......I haven't heard it since I was a boy," he said to himself. Tsunami decided she better go to sleep now. Tomorrow would be a big day for both of them. She flipped over and made herself comfy. Falling fast asleep, her mind cleared and began to fill with unpleasant dreams.

<Dream>
Tsunami stood in front of an old man, whom was panting heavily. He held a long blade in his right hand. A triumphant smile covered his old, wrinkled face. "I told you not to challenge me until you were ready girl," he said laughing. Tsunami had no idea what he was talking about. She noticed he was not looking straight at her, but someone behind her. Turning around, she did not expect to see herself on the ground. A puddle of blood spread around her body. Her body was badly wounded and she looked like she didn't have much longer. "Oh my god.....!! That's me???!!" she said shocked. She heard someone yelling from the other side of the temple fighting grounds. Near the temple entrance was Shiro, being pulled apart by a large man. The old man started laughing and walked towards him. He stopped and lifted his sword up. "For failing me and our mission......you'll die," the man started to speak his name. For some odd reason she could no longer hear his voice. Tsunami turned her head as the blade fell down upon Shiro. Does this mean if I do not train hard enough we will both die??? she wondered to herself. She felt everything around her fade away.

<Dream Ends>
Tsunami shot up out of her tent and looked around her. It was all just a dream, she thought to herself. She looked across from her to see if Shiro was sleeping. "I should train. After all, neither one of wants to die," she said to herself. She stood up and grabbed the Emeraldes. Figuring staying as far away from Shiro would be the best thing, she walked towards a very rocky path. She tied her hair back into a ponytail and pulled out the Emeraldes. "Well even though Shiro hasn't showed me much, I could still try some new stuff on my own," she said to herself.
Training by herself wasn't going to be as interesting since their was only herself fighting with a sword. "I wish Shiro was awake so I could practice with him," she said to herself. "I'll fight with you," said a voice. Tsunami gasped and turned around. Hanging from one of the trees was a scaled creature with blood red eyes. He leaped down from the tree and landed on top of her. She screamed out when he landed on her. "What's wrong?? Are you scared of me?? No one who's scared of a little Vixxel like me doesn't deserve the Emeraldes," he growled grabbing for the sword. She wiggled up a bit and kicked him square in the chest. He fell back, leaving her to do as she pleased at that moment.
Picking up the Emeraldes and she got ready to hit him. A long sword shot out of his hand, him grabbing it as soon as it exited the skin. He started hacking at her with the sword. She held all of his blows back, stumbling a bit as she did so. The creature slammed into her sword, knocking her into a large rock. Her back started bleeding as her skin got peeled off by the rock. She threw her feet into the air, hitting the creature in the face. Flipping backwards and landing back on her feet, she started charging towards him. Her sword glided through the air, falling down swiftly into the creature's back. She could feel some kind of strange energy growing inside of her. Green streams of light circled around her and the Emeraldes. The sword sliced all the way through the creature, sending him helplessly to the ground. As she started to calm down the green lights soon dimmed, leaving a most surprising sight.
She did not realize what had happened until she heard Shiro say her name. Looking down at herself, she gasped. A green armor covered her body. "The armor of the Emeraldes......," she said dazed. Shiro couldn't believe it. She has awakened her powers. How could she do it this quickly? he thought to himself. Dropping the sword onto the ground, she fell to her knees weakly. Shiro ran to her, pausing when he felt this weird presence near him. "Could it be?" he said to himself. "Shiro........," said a voice.
Shiro turned around and gasped. A man stood there, his red eyes glaring at the boy. His black hooded cape waved in the wind. "Well I'm surprised to see you here......," said the man smiling. Tsunami could see the side of the man's face as the wind flipped the hood of the cape around. Scars covered his cheeks and a black tattoo shaped like a triangle when down his cheek and down his neck. "Jiin," said Shiro in an angered voice. The man walked towards Shiro, a red aura appearing around him. "What do you want?" he asked furiously. Jiin stopped and glanced over at Tsunami. "So.....is this your new disciple? Pathetic.....," he said sneering. Jiin lifted his hand, a blue stream of light shooting out towards Tsunami. "NO!!!! What are you doing?!!!!!!?" yelled Shiro.
Tsunami had no time to run. She felt the blue stream of energy rip through her chest. Everything seemed to fade out of her mind and soon it all got dark. All she could remember was Shiro yelling at the man named "Jiin". The pain she was having to endure was horrible. Soon her eyes were shut and she could no longer feel herself breathing. Everything was still and she was no longer functioning.