Fan Fiction ❯ The Missing Titan ❯ Act III ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans or Spider-Man
 
 
Act Three
 
An open area of the factory floor; a gush of Plasmus' muck splatters down from above, and Starfire stands up within it and groans disgustedly.
 
 
Starfire: I feel like the underside of a Zornian muck beetle. (Raven gets up next to her)
 
Raven: Tell me about it. (Beast Boy runs for his life as Plasmus pursues)
 
Beast Boy: Dude, I am not on the menu!
 
 
Robin's birdarang sails into view trailing a long line behind it follow by a shot line of webbing from the other direction. The grappling hook flies around Plasmus' legs to wrap them up; Robin is quick to arrive as well, then the webbing attached to Plasmus' chest; Spider-Man comes into view and swung around the monster several times before landing on the floor. They both grabbed the free end of their own line and took a few more turns around the giant.
 
 
Robin: Maybe the best way to take you down… (Both Robin and Spider-Man pulling their lines mightily side-by-side)
 
Spider-Man: …is to tie you up.
 
 
Beast Boy, now a rhinoceros, charges and scores a direct hit that sends Plasmus toppling backward to fall among of support columns. Starfire bends one over to pin him, and Raven does likewise with others. Then, four impact-webbings, which are a size of a basketballs, hit the ends of each girder to hold it tightly just for insurance. Plasmus struggles against these bonds as the five inspect the handiwork; Beast Boy is back in human form.
 
 
Starfire: We did it!
 
Robin: Nice work, team.
 
Spider-Man: Huh, that wasn't so hard.
 
Beast Boy: Yeah. Didn't think we'd pull it off without—
 
 
Raven angrily socks him in the shoulder to cut him off. He lets off a surprised little sheep-like bleat, then laughs and sweats nervously while Spider-Man glares at him.
 
 
Spider-Man: Do youwant me to web your mouth shut? Believe me; it tastes a lot worse than Starfire's pudding and Plasmus' gunk.
 
Beast Boy: (Closing his eyes and holding both of his hands up in innocence) I'll be quiet now.
 
 
Robin checks a locator device briefly before tucking it away in his belt.
 
 
Robin: We finished just in time. Cinderblock's been spotted downtown. Come on!
 
 
The five Titans turn to leave, but a loud gurgling noise from Plasmus' direction stops Beast Boy. He turns back.
 
 
Beast Boy: Huh?
 
 
Cut to an overhead view of the trapped creature as he starts to ooze a bit under those girders. His entire body flows together and free of the restraints, then shapes itself into a gigantic crab—like thing with one claw, an octopus-like appendage, and a snaky rear limb.
 
 
Beast Boy: Uh…heads up.
 
 
Now having formed a second crab claw, Plasmus rushes at the five super-heroes; they burst out through a set of double doors. Cut to just outside as they make it through and slam the doors shut just in time, leaning against them with all their weight. Plasmus' snarling and pounding can be heard through the metal.
 
 
Spider-Man: (Panicking) Okay, I'll feel a lot better if you come up with a decent plan, Rob!
 
Robin: I have one, but you won't like it.
 
Spider-Man: Try me.
 
 
The doors tremble even more violently under Plasmus' assault, and he finally forces them partway open and pushes a tendril out, then another. Starfire screams as the opening grows wider and the head appears.
 
 
Robin: Titans! Separate!
 
 
The doors are finally smashed open. Robin, Starfire, and Beast Boy go in three different directions among the machinery while Spider-Man uses the pipes above to swing his way through like a gymnast. Beast Boy turns into a cheetah as he runs. Plasmus' snake, separated from the rest of the body, chases Starfire; she turns in midair and bombards it with starbolts, but it lunges and catches her to drag the Tamaranean girl from the air. Beast Boy sprints along the floor, with one of the crab claws in hot pursuit. It opens wide and lashes out a long tongue that snares him. He breaks loose by turning into a gorilla, but is knocked off his feet by a flying tackle.
Raven, meanwhile, flies along as the octopus chases on the ground. She exerts her powers over all the machinery here, causing the bolts and screws to fall out, and the loosened vessels topple into the aisle one after another. The octopus swerves and slides to miss several of them, but is finally hit broadside. She looks back smugly only to find that it has recovered and placed itself directly in front of her; there is only time for one shocked gasp before it rears up to strike.
Meanwhile, above near the ceiling, Spider-Man leaps his way by using the pipes as support beams to swing around like an Olympic gymnast just to get away from the creepy crawlers. Finally, the Web-Head made one last swing with the pipe; he stopped and perched on top of it. He looked over his shoulder cautiously to make sure that he did lose one of the creatures.
 
 
Spider-Man: (Breathing heavily) I think I lost them.
 
 
Spider-Man spoke too soon as his Spider-Sense went off, warning him of danger nearby. He looked around to see where the danger is coming from when a purple slime fell on Spider-Man's shoulder. He glanced over it and his face made a look of disgust that made his red mask turned to green.
 
 
Spider-Man: YUCK!
 
 
Suddenly, a low growl could be heard as Spider-Man looked up to the ceiling and sees Plasmus' head, the one with six tiny little legs, is clinging on the ceiling and glaring down at a now surprised Spider-Man as it made another, but more aggressive, growl.
 
 
Spider-Man: (Made a skeptical look) Hey! How's it hanging?
 
 
Spider-Man leaped towards another pipe before the Plasmus-head had the chance to pounce on him. (You gotta love those Spider-Senses!) Our Web-Slinging hero continued to leap away onto each pipe with the Plasmus-head on pursuit. Spider-Man, then, dive between the pipe lines headfirst and landed on the floor while doing a handspring before turning around and looking up to face the creature. Cut to the Plasmus-head landing on the floor right in front of Spider-Man and ready to launch an attack. Spider-Man quickly looked around for something useful and sees a fire-hose incased on the wall just a few feet from him. A light bulb popped over Spider-Man's head as a sign saying that he came up with an idea as his eyes wide-eyed. Then the light bulb quickly blew out when his Spider-Sense alarmed him of danger. Cut to Plasmus-head spitting out a piece of its large gunk and launched it towards Spidey. Spider-Man back-flipped out of the way before the gunk could ever hit him; then the purple slime splattered all over the floor where Spider-Man once stood. As the Web-Slinging hero landed next to the incased fire-hose, he used his left elbow to break the glass and then snatched it from its hook. Cut to Plasmus-head crawling towards Spider-Man in a quick pace; Spider-Man aimed the hose directly at the creature and turned the nozzle all the way.
 
 
Spider-Man: You better behave or you'll get the hose!
 
Plasmus-head: AAARRRRGH! (Still charging)
 
Spider-Man: You asked for it!
 
 
Spider-Man let out a full blast of water at the creature as it didn't move out of the way and allowing the entire water to engulfed it. What Spider-Man did not know was that the creature dissolved into a glob of purple mass after being hit by a torrent of water and slid its way behind the red and blue hero; the glob reformed back into a Plasmus-Head and let out low growl. The high-spirited hero's Spider-Sense flared up over his head as he turned his head around slowly with a look of puzzlement while still holding the water hose obviously shooting at nothing. Spider-Man's eyes widened in shock as the Plasmus-Head towered over him casting a shadow overhead, ready to attack.
 
 
Spider-Man: (Muttering) This is not good.
 
 
The only one left is Robin, who keeps going full steam among the other process equipment; the other crab claw is after him and not letting up. He reaches a set of double doors, and the screen snaps to black—the darkened area on the other side, which is illuminated as he hurls himself through and into space. Lurid green light rises from the direction of the floor. Something breaks his fall, and he finds himself carried along midair as he rubs his head; pull back to show him standing on a moving conveyor belt above several large vats of glowing chemicals.
The crab claw lands behind him and pulls back to strike. Robin has his staff out in a snap and delivers several blows that merely splatter through the purple goo. The end is caught and broken off, but he simply extends the other end to make up for the lost length and swings again. This time, his weapon is not only blocked but dashed from his hands to go spiraling over the vats. Going into classic kung fu mode, he backs up a few steps and lunges for a high kick.
Cut to Starfire, still held fast by Plasmus' snake portion. As she struggles, it wraps a coil around her head and squeezes itself together into a large ball. She bursts out of it after a moment; then a familiar red and blue figure had been thrown right past Starfire and crashed onto the floor covered with Plasmus' gunk. Then the figure got up slowly on all fours as he groaned in pain. Starfire's eye widened with worry as she recognized the figure as one of her friends.
 
Starfire: Spider-Man!
 
Spider-Man: (Looks up at Starfire while trying to get up) Star…watch out!
 
 
Starfire turned to see what he was talking about and sees the main body of the creature perched on top of an equipment cabinet, lying in wait. Beast Boy—back in human form—and Raven are carried into view, still held by their respective captor body parts, and the snake reforms at the feet of one very Tamaranean teenager. She recoils at its strike.
Back to the conveyor. Robin steadily backs up before the opponent's advance, and it soon throws on top of him to the belt's surface. The Boy Wonder struggles mightily as both are swept toward the free end, which hangs over a bubbling vat. He goes partway over, then smiles wickedly and flips the claw backward off the precipice; however, he miscalculates and has to grab the corner of the belt to keep from going down with it. The housing starts to pull lose, the reason is that the claw has seized one boot and is pulling with all its strength. Robin strains with all the power he can put into his one-handed grip, but the conveyor has had all it can take. His fingers slide away from the ripping material to leave him plummeting toward the last bath he will ever take.
Out of nowhere, a familiar bionic arm shoots into view and grabs his wrist. The camera turns down from him to the surface of the vat, where the sludgy apparition is dissolving harmlessly after having fallen in. On the conveyor, Robin has been hoisted up by Cyborg, who stands behind him, and tries desperately to catch his breath.
 
Cyborg: (Smiling) I still got the Sonic if you still got the Boom.
 
 
Robin returns the smile—the feud between the two has ended in a twinkling. On the factory floor, Plasmus' other four body parts have reassembled themselves and the other four are nowhere to be seen. He laughs nastily, but stops short when Robin and Cyborg square off against him.
 
Robin, Cyborg: Teen Titans! Go!
 
 
They go into the same sequence of moves they used while trying to pull off the Sonic Boom attack against Cinderblock inside the prison. This time, however, they do not get tangled up in midair, and Robin hurls an explosive disc while Cyborg fires his cannon. The combined effect of the two weapons is enough to blow Plasmus apart into small puddles of gunk; when the smoke is clear, they see 385901 dozing among the slop and snoring fitfully.
Cut to Beast Boy and Raven, who sit up out of the remains of their captors, and pan to Starfire and Spider-Man, who are both already done likewise—they had been engulfed by the slime. Robin and Cyborg look down at the frail man who has just inflicted so much damage on the factory. Outside of the factory, a flashing light from Spider-Man's camera had went off as he took a picture of the incased 385901 before being loaded onto a truck for the return trip to prison.
 
Robin: Look, uh…sorry about…
 
Cyborg: Yeah.
 
Robin: So…are we cool?
 
Cyborg: (Smiling, holding out a fist) Frosty.
 
 
Robin smiles back as they tap fists while Spider-Man walked over to the other three Titans in the background while holding his camera.
 
Starfire: You made up! Glorious! I wish to initiate a group hug.
 
Raven: Pass.
 
Spider-Man: Ditto.
 
Beast Boy: Yeah, yeah, yeah, warm fuzzies all around. But we still gotta stop Cinderblock.
 
Cyborg: (From o.c.) No, we don't. (Back to him and Robin) Thought I'd bring a present,' case you were still mad.
 
 
He gestures behind himself, and in response Cinderblock is hoisted up on a winch—with the equipment he had been carrying in Slade's lair wrapped around hi body to bind him. The stone villain grumbles angrily while Spider-Man chuckled to himself and brought the camera over his eyes to take a picture of the humiliating stone monster.
 
Spider-Man: Hold that pose, Block-Head! Because you're going to be famous at the front page. (He took the picture; then cuts to Robin)
 
Robin: Thanks. But there is one thing that's still bothering me.
 
 
Raven, Beast Boy, Spider-Man, and Starfire first react with surprise, then go wide-eyed in disbelief that anything could be bothering their leader at this point, given the events of the past few hours.
 
Robin: Breaking into jail? Using Plasmus to distract us? The whole plan seems to be a little too smart for Cinderblock.
 
Cyborg: I've been thinking the same thing.
 
 
The other four are relieved; Beast Boy, Spider-Man, and Starfire sigh visibly.
 
Robin: Someone must have been pulling the strings. But who?
 
Cyborg: Well, whoever they are—
 
 
The Titans are silhouetted against the evening sky, with a full moon behind them.
 
Cyborg: --they're no match for the Teen Titans. (He and Robin trade a high five.)
Robin: I heard that!
 
Dissolve to a close-up of a teacup and saucer on a table or ledge. A fist is slammed down, breaking them, after which a pair of white-gloved hands reaches down with a small broom and dustpan to sweep up the pieces by the elderly man, a butler. He has a fresh cup, which he sets on the arm of his employer's chair. Slade is once again seated and lit as before. Despite having just lashed out, his voice retains its control.
 
Slade: Next time my plans will succeed. And the Titans will pay.
 
 
The End