Fan Fiction ❯ The Price of a Dragon ❯ The Price of a Dragon ( One-Shot )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

          "Dragon? You haven't moved an inch for the past three hours." Thomas inquired her with concern, walking into the large library, though it didn't seem as massive with the sun's absence.

          Dragon sat still, not moving from the magical circle she had drawn around herself. The rune on the floor of the Academy's library glowed, the only source of light within the room. The bookshelves faded off into the darkness, the walls invisible to the naked eye.

          "Why do you disturb me?" Dragon asked in an emotionless tone, her trance still uninterrupted. Her eyes continued to stare blankly into the darkness, her naked body resting in meditation facing the opposite direction.

          She was the highest ranked student of her class, even the teachers have a hard time keeping up with her. This is no surprise considering her family was the Dragon family, known far and wide for their exceptional magical prowess. Still the young woman was the best of them all and for one reason, she had dragon blood. Not just the Dragon blood of her family but of the actual beast of fire.

          "I'm just worried." Thomas told her, gazing at her back as if in a meditative trance himself. He caught and stopped his eyes from traveling lower.

          "Don't be." Her entranced voice almost commanded. Thomas leaned against the door waiting for her to finish. If she could wait, so could he. He loved to spend time with her, even if she didn't notice him.

          The older teenager tried as hard as he could not to observe her nudity, so he focused on many other things. His eyes wandered to the academy's high and domed ceiling and its murals of various creatures of mythological origins dancing through the painting in the dim light Dragon's magic rune gave off. Then his eyes traveled along the hallways of high bookshelves with various sized books on the supernatural of which they studied.

          His eyes landed on her robes, discarded on the floor, composed of layers and layers of beautiful red silk. There were designs of her higher-class status within the academy in gilded cloth, along with her family crest, the crest of a dragon.

          Thomas sighed in depression at the thought of her having heritage of such a mythical beast. She never showed any affection towards him, or any of the other students or even teachers, but he still loved her.

          "Are you still there?" Dragon asked, making Thomas snap out of his trance.

          "Yes." He confirmed.

          "Why?" She demanded. She never looked at him, just stared in the opposite direction in the same way she had since before he came in.

          "Because I enjoy being around you."

          "Why, we are doing nothing together." She pointed out. The girl had no knowledge of normal human minds, even though she looked like one.

          "I don't know." There were a few moments of silence.

          "Is it because I am nude?" She asked with a slightly offended tone.

          "No." Thomas replied hastily. "Besides, I can only see your back."

          "Is that not still nudity?" She asked, offended and curious at once.

          "I don't know." Thomas answered with a sigh.

          "You don't seem to know much." Dragon noted.

          "I know." Thomas replied tiredly. There was another pause; Thomas could sense Dragon thinking about something.

          "Would you enjoy seeing me naked?" Dragon asked. Her voice was sprinkled with wary curiosity. Thomas knew lying to her would cause a lot more trouble than an offensive truth.

          "Yes." He said simply. His eyes still observed her clothing on the floor beside the wall of which he leaned. But then he heard a sound, the sound of skin brushing against wood. He looked up and saw her standing. She turned to him, fully exposing herself.

          Thomas was speechless.

          "Are you enjoying yourself now?" Dragon asked again with curiosity. Her trance was gone but she still bore a monotone accent.

          "Uh- I- I..." He couldn't reply anything else. His eyes were locked on her perfect form. She started to walk towards him.

          Dragon's mind worked differently, Thomas knew that. She was naïve to human nature, more lenient to sadism common of dragon kind. When Thomas didn't know what was going through her head it worried him, and he was currently very worried.

          Dragon kept walking until she was directly in front of him. It took Thomas every drop of willpower not to react to the situation with one of the hundred pleasurable ideas running through his head. Besides, she was stronger than him on all levels of the physical and metaphysical arts. But it was what she said next that brought his worry to an even further state.

          "You know, female dragons eat their lovers after they mate."

          "Are you implying something?" Thomas asked nervously.

          "Yes." She responded simply.

          "You want to...?"

          "Yes."

          "Both...?"

          "Yes." For the first time Thomas could remember, Dragon's face was not covered with a stagnant expression. Unfortunately, it was now a wicked smile.