Fan Fiction ❯ The quest for trust ❯ Meeting the burden ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The unicorn in the centre of the glade was very delicate looking and its beauty pierced even the most vicious person's heart, the sunlight was yellow on her silver fur, her horn was made of shining silver, her mane fell like a waterfall down her back. Her intelligent eyes that seemingly could see through to their souls, the elegance and grace of the fine lines on the powerful neck and muscular chest were overwhelming. The strong but delicate legs matched with the small and cloven hoofs of the unicorn that completed the perfect picture, she was the godmother of Laura and Lauralla and the Forest mistress. Even trough the elegance and grace that lived in her, the sadness in the intelligence eyes and the serious look she gave Laura and Lauralla unnerved them.
 
She smiled and delicate smile, “Welcome my godchildren! I am sorry that I cannot let you stay here to rest as danger endangers the lives of your people of Elxenate and the lives of the unicorns' u see in this meadow and glade. You are the chosen ones and only you can save us all.” She noted gravely the shocked expressions on Laura and Lauralla's faces. They asked shyly, “What do we have to do godmother? Only we can save our people and the beautiful unicorns we have seen? Help us godmother!”
 
The Forest mistress did not want to put such a burden on their shoulders but she had to, many lives were at stake. “The dragons at Roaring island are planning to attack Elexnate a month later, they will also send an army to attack us soon, we want you to help us get the Elixir of Life from the dragon's lair, and I promise I will do whatever that is in my power to help you.” “Why us?” whined Laura. “Because the both of you are the chosen ones.” She answered simply.
 
Soon, Laura and Lauralla set out with Hazel and Silver. They had to go through hidden paths to reach the Lost Black woods, they knew that the Dragon's lair was located inside the Lost Black woods, and that if they entered the Lost Black woods and went off the road, they might get lost forever. They decided to walk in, but they soon met up with a forked route, and proceeded left, then right and then after what seemed like a day later, they saw light, when they went to investigate, they realized that they took the wrong route, they had found the exit but could not find the dragon's lair!
 
 
They decided to rest as it was night and they saw a little cottage, they wanted to seek refuge there for a night and ask the owner of the house about the Lost Black woods. When they entered, they saw a little old woman knitting by the fireplace. When the old woman saw them she said happily, “Laura and Lauralla right? The forest mistress told me all about you! Come here, sit down sit down do not be shy!” She was very hospital and very kind to them. Soon they found themselves in a cozy bed and dropping off to sleep.