Fan Fiction ❯ The Sorrows of Tomorrow ❯ Sacrifices ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Sorrows of Tomorrow

Summary: Trouble brews deep in the heart of Mirkwood and the darkness thickens. Friends will be pitted against each other and only hope can save them.

Chapter 2: Sacrifices

It had taken several hours for Elrond and the other elves to arrive back at Mirkwood palace. And even longer to organize a party and hunt for the Orcs. So far there search was appearing futile and they had not found any signs of the Orcs.

"Tis hopeless Ada, we have searched for hours and every lead is false. It is as if the Orcs have vanished into thin air!" Despair filled Elladan voice and many elves looked away in sadness. Elrond let out a sigh as well and couldn't help but agree.

"We must not loose hope my friend."

All eyes turned to the prince and his blue eyes were firm with conviction. Walking over to Elladan he placed a comforting arm on his shoulder and smiled reassuringly.

"Do not worry, we will find your gwador's body and not let it be desecrated by the Yrch's I swear it."

Elrohir stepped up the two of them and placed his hand on the prince. Looking at his twin and his friend, Elrohir smiled in determination.

"Yes I swear it as well, the Yrch's will pay for what they have done."

Elrond watched the three of them and nodded in agreement. No matter what he would have his son body returned to him and would not give up hope.

"Prince Legolas?"

Everyone turned and gazed at the dark haired guard. It was one of the Mirkwood scouts who was panting in exhaustion but appeared unharmed.

Legolas walked over to him and regarding him with curiosity. "What is it Esendal?"

The elf glanced up and smiled in triumph. "I have found some of them my lord and they are a few leagues from here."

A grim smile appeared on the prince's face and he glanced over at the twins.

"Let's hunt some Yrch's."

The party quickly broke up camp and moved swiftly through the forest. All was quiet and yet they could hear the Orcs broken speech a few feet ahead. Nodding to Elrond, Legolas and the other Mirkwood elves disappeared into the trees. Turning to his elves, Elrond motioned for them to follow him. Stopping behind a small bush, he felt the twins settle on either side of him and listened to the Orcs conversations.

A tall ugly Orc leaned against his spear and glanced around. "I tell you that witch is a pain, I mean why do we follow her orders?"

"Because our captain says so and we do get paid well." Grumbled another.

"True but it is still annoying."

Suddenly an arrow shot through the trees and slammed into the tall Orc. Eyes widening in shock he fell over with a gurgle and his companions panicked.

More arrows flew from the trees and screams of pain filled the clearing. Standing up Elrond yelled a battle cry and the elves sprang into battle. The battle was fiercely fought and many of the Orcs lay dead or dying. A few feet away, Legolas had his foot planted firmly on an Orc's chest and his arrow aimed at his head. The twins stood on either side of him and Elrond stepped forward.

"Where is the body you have taken?" Legolas asked harshly.

The Orc laughed and then coughed up some blood. He didn't have long to live and would either die by his wounds or from the elf. Smirking in satisfaction, he decided to have his enjoyment before death and watched the blue eyes grow colder.

"No where you will find him you son of a Dwarf! It's to late anyway the lady has taken him and is probably far from theses woods by now."

Legolas shook his head in denial. "You lie!"

Laughing at there pained faces, the Orc smirked in glee. "It is the truth and you will never find him."

Choking once more on his own blood filled lungs the Orc gave one last gasp and died.

Elrohir gazed at the dead Orc in disgust and looked over at his father. "I think he spoke truthfully and now Estel is no longer in Mirkwood."

"But where could they have gone and who is this lady?" Elladan sighed and kicked the Orcs foot.

Elrond shook his head tiredly and looked down at the dead Orc. He didn't know what to do any longer or how to find his son. A twang from a bow caught all there attentions and they glanced at the prince. Legolas was breathing heavily and glaring down at the dead Orc. An arrow was stuck in the creature's eye, and leaning down he swiftly pulled it out. Whirling around the prince raced away from the clearing and ignored their calls. Tears fell from his eyes and all he could think of was he had failed to find his friend.

~

Lossëdil let out a tired moan and opened his eyes. He could see the stars shining overhead and yet they brought him no peace. Trying to move his wrists, he felt something cold pining them down. It appeared that he was laying in a clearing on a cold slab of rock. His wrists and ankles were attached to metal manacles and no matter how much he struggled, he couldn't get free.

"Finally awake my dear Lossëdil?"

Turning his head, he was able to see the she-elf from before standing a few feet away. She appeared to be gazing down at something and he realized it was a body.

"What do you want with me?"

Serutia could hear the hint of fear in his voice and smiled in satisfaction. Stepping to the side she watched as brown eyes widened in astonishment.

Lossëdil gaped at the body that lay near his own and couldn't believe it. The body was still and pale, but he would never forget that mortal's face. How was it possible that Estel was laying on a similar rock and that the elf had him?

The elf witch watched the varying emotions slide across his features and smirked. "It looks like you succeeded in killing the boy my dear."

Victory welled up in his soul and he was glad that he had avenged his brother. But gazing into the other elf's eyes he had a horrible feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"I am extremely grateful for this news but you still haven't answered my question."

Fear began to fill Lossëdil, as the elf woman smiled cruelly. "Why as a sacrifice little elf or didn't you know?"

"What!?"

He watched as the elf woman let out a delighted chuckle and walked over to him. Her brown eyes were glowing slightly red and he began to panic. A movement to the left caught his attention and he noticed the cloaked figure. Something dark and evil radiated from that figure and he knew that he was doomed. Jerking at his bond, Lossëdil tried to break free.

"Struggle all you like little elf." The cloaked figure walked towards him. "It just makes the sacrifice more interesting."

A knife slashed into his skin and Lossëdil began to scream as they began to carve strange symbols into his flesh. Blood ran sluggishly from his many wounds and he fainted from agony. Serutia stood nearby and made sure the blood flowed into a little container. Walking over to the dead human, she smiled to herself and went to work. Once she was done, Serutia gazed down at the human and then glanced at her companion. She had just finished with Estel and had painted the symbols on the boy with Lossëdil blood. It was necessary in order for the spell to work and to call the soul back into the body.

"Are you ready?"

The elf witch smiled and nodded. "I have been ready for an eternity."

The two of them began to chant and dark power swirled around the room. The lit candles fluttered wildly and some of them went out. Symbols on both bodies began to glow a hideous red and faded to black. Lossëdil awoke and arched halfway off the table and began to spasm. It felt like something was slowing shredding his soul apart and he tried to scream. Blood filled his lungs and he began to drown in it. Red tears flowed from his eyes and stained his pale white face. Eerie cries ripped through the room filled with denial, loss, and anguish. Estel's body began to glow brightly and the symbols began to fade. Power slammed into the elf's body and his bones shattered. With one pain filled gasp, Lossëdil died and his soul fled to Mandos. His blood flowed from his horrible wounds and onto the floor. The chanting slowed to a halt and it grew quiet.

The cloak being looked dispassionately at the dead elf and then at the boy. Reaching over he touched the mortal's neck and felt a weak pulse beat there.

"Did it work?" Serutia gazed at her companion in anticipation.

Evil laughter filled the room and she shivered in pleasure.

"Yes and now we wait."

~

TBC

Oh yea evil sacrifices and death everywhere gotta love it. So yep Estel gets brought back to life and yet things are not going to be nice lol.