Fan Fiction ❯ The Tale of Maxwell, The Zero ❯ The TRUE Story Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
The True Story Begins
 
 
T'was a beautiful day in Albion. This is the setting for where the story begins, IF is deserves to be called that. The sun rose on a town called Oakvale. Sure, I bet you've heard the Guildmaster's form of this story, but it was not entirely true…
 
This is.
 
In fact, those who you ask will tell you that the Guildmaster wanted the story to sound more heroic, and less pathetic. He always was that way.
 
ANYWAY, it all started one day in Oakvale…
 
“CRAP!” A boy screamed, jumping up off of the steps up to his house.
 
“Forgot about your sister's birthday, egh?” the boy's father says, sitting next to him.
 
“Uh, yeah…” he said, scratching the back of his head. This is young Maxwell. He has short hair, and two thin strips of hair fall down to his chin in the front. His hair is messy, and he wears a white wizard hat that he found one day.
 
“Well, I'll make you a deal,” Max's father said, with a grin. He revealed his horrid looking teeth, and made a ghastly wheeze.
 
“Here we go…” Maxwell mumbled to himself.
 
“Do something good, and I'll give you some gold, and you can buy a crappy gift from that trader down there. Be warned, it's gonna' suck more than what you made for her…” His father held up a small black sculpture made from wet toilet paper, sticks, a dead chicken, and a severed finger. The sculpture is… um… “Abstract” so to speak. It was originally going to be a model of her, but when his father saw it, he stamped on it, and threw it into the fire. Unluckily, it didn't go down so easily…
 
“Alright…” Maxwell groaned, shrugging.
 
He went down to the trader, and was greeted. “Oh hello boy! I'm from o-“
 
“Out of town, I've got it, and you've said that same damn thing five times now.” Max said.
 
“Really?” the trader said, fiddling his very unattractive `stache.
 
“I need a gift for someone. A small brown-haired girl with pigtails, in red clothes? So tall?” Max put his hand up, about one inch below his head height.
 
“Ah yes! That girl! She was cute,” the trader said. He his eyes were in a sneaky expression, “I bet you've had some good times with her. Ever play doctor? Explore? Egh?”
 
“What?” Max said. Just because he was twelve, didn't mean he was stupid. “SHE'S MY SISTER!”
 
“Oh, even easier! You ever explore while she was as-“
 
“DO YOU HAVE ANY GIFTS DAMNIT!”
 
“Yes, I have a box of chocolates, a chicken head, a severed pe-“
 
“The chocolates will do.”
 
“90 bucks.”
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“Oh fine, 100.” Max looked at him as if he was insane. “3 gold?”
 
“Okay.”
 
“Yeah, someday these things will go for at least 200!”
 
“Keep dreamin' man,” Max says, running off to do good deeds.
 
Fist, he watched some barrels for a man. A kid was telling him to break them, so Max took him into one barn and pushed him into one closing it.
 
Next, he found a kid being bullied. At first he began to do the right thing, but then the kid got so annoying that Max had to beat the crap out of him. But after, he returned to beating the bully.
 
Next, he ratted a man out to his wife that he was cheating, and then watched them “make up.”
 
Finally, he returned a teddy bear to a little girl and ran back to his father. It was then one guard started to scold him for being mean to the youngins.
 
“Nice job kid. Buy that box of chocolates…” Max's father said. “And here's a little extra… I want that severed pe-“
 
“Okay dad!” Max screamed back, not letting him finish his sentence.
 
Max ran for the trader.
 
“Good, you've got the money. Here, this is for your sister, and this…” he handed him something wrapped in a paper bag, “is you dad's. Hey, how about you come back with your sister, and I give her a… discount…”
 
“HE-YAH!” Max punches the trader in the family jewels, and he fell over. Max saw his money bag, and took it, while running to his sister.
 
“Hi brother,” His sister, Theresa, said smiling. “I hope you have my gift…”
 
“Here…” Max said, handing the chocolates to her.
 
“Oh! Chocolates! Just like my dream! I kn- Huh?” She saw that the chocolates were open, and looked inside to see half of them eaten. She looked up at her brother who's mouth was covered in chocolate.
 
“I swear,” He gulped, “The trader only had that one left” He swallows again “Better half than nothing…”
 
“You suck…” Theresa said, and he walked off, licking his fingers.
 
“Wait- oh fuck you brother…”
 
“BANDITS!” a man said, screaming as he ran into the town.
 
He got hit with one arrow right as he got to Max. “GAH! Oh wait… Hey! I'm gonna' be fine!” He got hit with 2 more arrows. “OH! THAT HURTS! But I'm still okay!”
 
Max jumps back into the field, and shoved Theresa to the side, closing the gate in front of her. The frustrated bandit finally ran at the injured man, and began to beat him repeatedly.
 
Maxwell silently screamed as the horror went on before his eyes. The last thing he remembered was seeing the man go after Theresa, and then he passed out.