Fan Fiction ❯ The Tale of Maxwell, The Zero ❯ The Zero Training ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
The Zero Training
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Hey, guys! I'm back to writing my (If not second) most popular story on Fanfiction and Mediaminer.
 
Sorry for the absence, I was more focused on both schoolwork and my TT Fics (and “Rearing your shadow” is almost done, making that three completed fics.)
 
Anyway, it's time for the triumphant return of MAXWELL, THE ZERO!
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Maxwell walked, as the Guildmaster told him to, to bed, despite it's being only 11:AM if clocks were there.
 
He rested from the battle, and had a nice dream…
 
“Wakes up, dip-shit!!” Maxwell heard, and he opened his eyes. Above him was a black girl. “Yo, why d-ya have ta be spendin' mah rizzle rappa!!”
 
“Huh?” Maxwell said, wearily, “I don't speak gangsta'…”
 
“Oh, what!? Do I have a racist up in tha hizouse?”
 
“What the FUCK are you saying?!” Maxwell asked aloud.
 
“Don' makes me pops a arrow in yo pizzle white ass, beyotch!”
 
“Okay, stop talking to me…”
 
“Yo, tha Guildmasta' wants you in tha courtyardizzle fo` yo ballin'!”
 
“Uh… I'm just going to go to the courtyard… my training starts today…”
 
“Ya betta rizzle bitch!” she said, as he ran out.
 
Maxwell ran down the stairs, into the main room, and the looked around. “So many paths…” He looked for one and ran into it, only to return to the main room. “What?” he took another, and it also lead back. “Oh goddamn it!”
 
He continued running through rooms, and finds the Chamber of Fate. “Wow…” he said, looking around. He then turned. “This is not where I should be…” He ran out, and about an hour later, he found himself out of the building.
 
“I bet I'm the fastest in the guild!” two men argued, and Maxwell went up to them.
 
“What's going on?” Maxwell asked.
 
“I ran to the demon door and back in 30 seconds!”
 
“Big shit!” Maxwell said, “You're a jackass!” He walked off, and the other man just laughed.
 
“He got you there!” the other man said, and the first one pouted.
 
Maxwell showed up to the Guild master, and he looked at him sternly. “You're late.”
 
“I couldn't understand what my roommate was saying…” Maxwell said, and the Guildmaster slapped him.
 
“Well that's Whisper for you…Now, get in the damn ring. I want to see your Melee skills…”
 
“Melee?” Maxwell asks confused, and the Guildmaster slapped him into the ring.
 
He punched the dummy, and clutched his hand in pain falling down and crying at his nearly broken hand. The Guildmaster rolled his eyes
 
“Take this stick, and attack that dummy again.”
 
“Sure…” Maxwell said, rubbing his hand as he took a stick from the Guildmaster, and started to beat the dummy with it. He attacked fiercely and abruptly, attacking from every direction with full force and brute rage, imagining it something he hated more than anything. He hit as hard as possible and could feel the wind rushing through his hair as he fights, swinging and plotting every movement before he made it.
 
5 seconds after he attacked he laid on the ground, beaten and bruised, as the dummy bounced lightly back and fourth.
 
“OH MY GOD!” The Guildmaster screamed in embarrassment, “YOU SUCK!”
 
Maxwell spit out one of his teeth, and got up again. He grunted toward the Guildmaster and he tried again, this time, getting slightly less hurt when he was knocked back to the ground.
 
“Avo help us…” the Guildmaster said, Maze and a group of younger students with swords laughing at him from the sidelines.
 
Maxwell spends the rest of the day trying the test and getting his ass kicked by an inanimate object. The crowd eventually left of boredom, as they have seen everything already. The sun goes down, and the Guildmaster is at the verge of having a heart attack. Maxwell finally tries it; not getting hurt, and the Guildmaster finally loses patience gives up.
 
“Good job Maxwell!” He says, trying to get it over with so that he can finally get this jackass out of the guild. “You pass!”
 
“Really?” Maxwell asks, standing up with two black eyes, and three of his front teeth missing, scratches, cuts and one fracture on his skull.
 
“Yeah… Now lets try arche…um…” He then realized it's a mistake to teach such an idiot and horrible fighter to use a bow, and thus endangering all other heroes and civilians in Albion; but Max already understood the word.
 
“ARCHERY!?!” Max asked ecstatically, and th eguildmaste rlooks in horror.
 
“N-NO! I meant… uh…” He looked around for something that he can use to take back what he said, finding nothing; he gave up, “Yes. Archery…” He silently weeped, and prayed to Avo not to get killed in the crossfire.
 
“YAY!” he ran up to the archery Range. It is still night, let me remind you…
 
“Alright, take this long bow….” The Guild master hands him it, and he smiles. “Now, see if you can hit some targets…”
 
“I'll try…” Maxwell arms the bow, and pulls back. He then starts to tremble. “IT'S TOO WOBBLY!” He turns around, the bow still armed, and the Guildmaster hits the floor, as he releases the arrow where his head was. It flies off, and hits the tour guide in the head, and knocking the man over in a puddle of his own blood.
 
“Oh shit! He's DEAD!” One of the men on the tour says, looking over where Maxwell is.
 
“I think you'd be better off with this…” The Guildmaster hands him a slingshot, and throws the bow away.
 
“Uh… okay…”
 
“Now go…”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Maxwell received the same training for the next 3 years, and all the while, he barely advanced at all.
 
“Hizzy Max, yoe late again n shit. Tha Guildmasta gonna' be pissed again wit da big Bo$$ Dogg. You need ta git up, ni**a!” Whisper says, waking him up again, “Three dizzy years of thiznis, W-H-to-tha-izzen is you finally gonna git up on yo own?”
 
“Pleaze, stop gett'n all over me wit this, I know its bizzle three years!” Max said, finally understanding the language after all the time he spent with her, he has been able to talk it, but barely. “AND CAN YOU TAK NORMALLY?!”
 
“Nizno... I cant... Im not gonna jizzy D-R-to-tha-izzop mah culture...” Whisper said, walking him down to the courtyard, so he didn't get lost again.
 
“Hello Whisper, good morning… Maxwell…” he looked at Max frowning.
 
“Good mornizzin, Guildmasta'!” Whisper said, as they walk to the Melee ring.
 
“Now, Maxwell, Whipser, you two will spar today,” He smirked, “Get in the ring.”
 
The two of them got ready in the ring, Max with his stick, and Whisper with her metal staff.
 
“Wait a sec…” Max turned to the Guildmaster, “Shouldn't I get a real weapon now? I have used the stick for THREE YEARS now, and I'm facing an opponent with a real weapon!”
 
The Guildmaster thought for a minute. “No.” he puts both arms up, “BEGIN!”
 
The two of them squared off, and Max lunged in with his sword, striking the staff. Whisper, with ease, knocked it out of his hand.
 
“GAH!” He ran around in circles, screaming loudly, as he was sure he would die. He took his stick again, and threw it at Whisper, hitting her in the eye.
 
“OWW! MAH EYE! MAH EYE!” She screams, walking around. Max snuck up behind her using his ultimate guile, and tackled her, knocking her unconscious.
 
“Oh my god… Avo help us… He beat Whisper…” the Guildmaster says, backing up in fear.
 
“I did? I DID! YES! IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR BLACK FACE!” Max screams in joy.
 
“YO!” a large black man says, and he pucks Max up by the back of the neck with two fingers.
 
“Oh, hello Thunder! Maxwell, this is Whisper's older brother, Thunder.”
“Mah N-A-to-the-mizzle is Thundawg, Guildmasta'.” Thundawg said, “Thats all wrizzong Whispa!' Yo' need mizzore trazaning!”
 
“Yes Thundawg… Bizzitch ni**a white boy, I'm gonna git you back...” Whisper mumbled walking off.
 
“Wow…” Maxwell says, laughing. “That was awesome!”
 
“Now Maxwell, we need to test your archery skills.”
 
“Can I use a real bow this time? I hate the slingshot!”
 
“No.”
 
“BUT GUILDMASTER!” He says, picking the long bow up again, “I can use it, SEE?” He armed it, and then pulls back, letting it go facing AWAY FROM THE TARGETS.
 
“SHIT!” Guildmaster says, dropping down and barely missing it, as it flies off, and hits the guy now testing people in the ring against whisper, hitting him straight on the jugular vain.
 
“I THINK HE'S DEAD!” Someone screams, and people scream, Max just staring at the screaming people blankly.
 
“I would have gotten it if I was facing the right way…”
 
“Tell it to someone who gives a damn!” The Guildmaster tears the bow from his hands, and breaks it over one knee handing it back to him. “You pass. Now, let's teach you about mana…”
 
“Sure!” He ran off to learn mana, and met the guild master by the demon door.
 
“Alright, boy, this is mana, magic…” He shocks him.
 
“AGH! DON'T DO THAT!!!” Max screamed, and the Guildmaster shocked him again.
 
“Now, you try. Concentrate hard on it. Tighten your muscles and shock the targets.”
 
Maxwell tried long and hard, clenching and imagining the mana in his hands, bursting as lightning and hitting the target.
 
Instead, he farted and crapped himself a little.
 
“Uh… That's not mana…” the Guildmaster said, “That's called being a fucking stupid retard and shitting yourself.”
 
“HEY! I'm not stupid!” He said, frowning. He washed himself, and came back. “Okay… I can do this…” He started rubbing his boots on the grass back and fourth, walking toward the dummy, and let out a little static from his finger, which seemd to drain him a lot of energy.
 
“WOW!” The Guildmaster said, sarcastically, “You used Mana!”
 
“Was it? Or was it just static…”
 
“Uh… It was a little bit of both… You put magic into it, and made it a little stronger…” Max falls over. “You used all of it? DAMN! Boy, you're bad in mana too?!”
 
Max stands up. “Shut up…” He said.
 
“Well, that's all the training for today. Get some sleep. You have some chores tomorrow.” Maxwell falls over again at this.
 
“UGH!” Max groaned at the though of chores, as he crawled to his bed from the demon door.
 
“Damn, that boy is a bullshit fighter…” The demon door said to the guild master.
 
“I'll say… See you tomorrow, Marty!” the Guildmaster said to the demon door.
 
“See ya'!” The demon door said, falling asleep.